Wilder [GxB, GxG] [COMMERCIAL] BAHADUR'S STORY NOW AVAILABLE!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sonnet009
Regular
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009

Wilder [GxB, GxG] [COMMERCIAL] BAHADUR'S STORY NOW AVAILABLE!

#1 Post by sonnet009 »

"Do not be fooled, child, for a monster chained is still a monster."
Platform: Windows/Mac/Linux
Rating: Teen/Mature (in-game toggle)
Price: $19.99 (individual character routes $3.99 each)
Release Date: 2017/2018
Featuring:
  • Female protagonist defined through your choices
    5 romance routes (4 male, 1 female)
    Hundreds of choices
    Multiple endings
    Gorgeous background and character art
Story:

A djinn is a beast of fathomless violence, with the eyes and heart of a demon. In the wild hills they live like animals, fighting over scraps of food. The lucky ones are plucked from this sad existence, and given purpose -- they are brought down to the desert and trained to attend to their human masters as dutiful servants. Through this new way of life, they are given true happiness.

At least, that's the word according to Ziya, the pearl of the Shining Sands. A city that thrives on the trade of djinn slaves.

You have lived a sheltered life, as part of one of Ziya's most noble houses, and have never truly questioned the way things are. But that is about to change.

Characters:
Ran was found wandering the desert and brought to Ziya to begin his new life as a slave.
Scarred, beaten, and broken from his training, he is a creature of few words. But in his eyes burns an anger deep... and enduring.

Bahadur has served your household faithfully for many years, as guard and valet. He has never known a life outside of the city, and has learned to take pride in his work.
Ever since you were a child, he has been your loyal companion.

Amir has lived in the Western Hills all his life, and has never even seen a human before.
Though young, he is an immensely powerful djinn, and leads a tribe of free brothers and sisters who know nothing of a life of slavery.

Royo is no slave -- she is a royal guard and official "problem solver" from a free city, and serves her employer proudly.
When she has a job to do, she does it. Nothing interferes with her duty. Ever.

Jamal is a young but experienced pleasure slave, raised in a high-class brothel.
As a result, he has a taste for the finer things in life, total confidence in his ability to please and manipulate others, and... no practical skills whatsoever.

Credits:
Progress:

Wilder: Ran's Story: RELEASED 17 FEBRUARY 2017
Wilder: Bahadur's Story: RELEASED 22 DECEMBER 2017
Wilder: Amir's Story: IN PROGRESS
Wilder: Royo's Story: IN PROGRESS
Wilder: Jamal's Story: IN PROGRESS
Wilder: The Complete Collection: IN PROGRESS

Follow progress more closely on tumblr.

Questions and comments welcome!
Last edited by sonnet009 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:58 am, edited 13 times in total.

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] (a forbidden fantasy romance) [COMMERC

#2 Post by infel »

Yes! A new game from you! I'm really excited. I loved Aloners and Rei a log, so I'll definitely play this.

Since I'm someone who loves fantasy this is right up my ally. Also the forbidden romance part helps a lot to. I admit it's sad to see these Djinn as slaves though, especially Ran since he seems to have had a really hard time =(. Still it's good to have drama in a story and I'm excited to see how things go for the mc and Djinn's lives. As for the character I like them all. The ones that interested me the most though are Amir and Ran.

The art is also a nice style and I think the characters fit the backgrounds pretty well =).

Anyway, it's awesome you're doing a new game and I'm excited to play it. I wish you the best of luck :wink:
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by try10 »

Oh, this really managed to catch my interest and the price is decent. I love fantasy games and the Djinn slaves seem to have a rough life especially poor Ran. 2016 is going to be a good year! :D
Good luck! :)

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#4 Post by YonYonYon »

Looks promising!

I'm really liking Ran, because I like the type of beaten, enslaved, but not giving up. Also I like Bahadur, big muscly loyal servants are my thing too. I also like Royo, just because of her beautiful face. Look at it! Look at her nose!

Good to see characters with different faces.
ImageImage

sonnet009
Regular

#5 Post by sonnet009 »

infel wrote:Yes! A new game from you! I'm really excited. I loved Aloners and Rei a log, so I'll definitely play this.

Since I'm someone who loves fantasy this is right up my ally. Also the forbidden romance part helps a lot to. I admit it's sad to see these Djinn as slaves though, especially Ran since he seems to have had a really hard time =(. Still it's good to have drama in a story and I'm excited to see how things go for the mc and Djinn's lives. As for the character I like them all. The ones that interested me the most though are Amir and Ran.

The art is also a nice style and I think the characters fit the backgrounds pretty well =).

Anyway, it's awesome you're doing a new game and I'm excited to play it. I wish you the best of luck :wink:
I'm glad the premise has you excited! Ran and the other slaves are in a heartbreaking situation, it's true, but that might be about to change...

And I love hearing which characters people are interested in. :-) Thank you for this comment!
try10 wrote:Oh, this really managed to catch my interest and the price is decent. I love fantasy games and the Djinn slaves seem to have a rough life especially poor Ran. 2016 is going to be a good year! :D
Good luck! :)
I wanted to give the game a reasonable price point, so I'm glad that you think it's decent. Thanks!
YonYonYon wrote:Looks promising!

I'm really liking Ran, because I like the type of beaten, enslaved, but not giving up. Also I like Bahadur, big muscly loyal servants are my thing too. I also like Royo, just because of her beautiful face. Look at it! Look at her nose!

Good to see characters with different faces.
Well, that definitely sums Ran up right there. :-) And Bahadur. And isn't Royo gorgeous? All credit to the artist on that one -- she did an amazing job.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#6 Post by Ran08 »

Yay, it's Sonnett009! I've been a fan of yours ever since Rei. <3 I'm glad to see that you have another project ongoing!

Anyway! Oh my gosh, this sounds so interesting! :) I've heard of djinns before, so it's nice to see them featured in a visual novel. I'm feeling slightly awkward with Ran, since he and I have the same name (and he's a guy, haha), but he's one of my favorites alongside Jamal. :D

Love the logo, btw. :) The coloring makes it look like it was made of felt paper. So nice. <3

sonnet009
Regular

#7 Post by sonnet009 »

Ran08 wrote:Yay, it's Sonnett009! I've been a fan of yours ever since Rei. <3 I'm glad to see that you have another project ongoing!

Anyway! Oh my gosh, this sounds so interesting! :) I've heard of djinns before, so it's nice to see them featured in a visual novel. I'm feeling slightly awkward with Ran, since he and I have the same name (and he's a guy, haha), but he's one of my favorites alongside Jamal. :D

Love the logo, btw. :) The coloring makes it look like it was made of felt paper. So nice. <3
Awww, thank you! That's so sweet.

These djinn are only very (very) loosely based on the actual mythical djinn, but there are some similarities that gave them that name. And, heh. Hopefully you can get over the weirdness of sharing a name with your love interest, eh?

And isn't the logo lovely? Luna Chai Li did an awesome job. :-)

Rahnos
Regular

#8 Post by Rahnos »

This looks so cool! ^___^ will definitely be keeping an eye on this project. :3

Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

#9 Post by Agashi »

Wow, this sounds incredible! The more fantasy romances we can get, the better! I'm incredibly excited to see a romance VN involving Djinn, which are one of my favorite fantasy races in D&D that aren't really well-known outside of it. The lore you're alluding to here sounds very interesting as well and I'm curious to see where you'll take it.

I'm particularly intrigued by Ran (who wouldn't be?) and by Jamal, oddly. The last line of his description about having no practical skills whatsoever... I don't know why, but that really endeared him to me for some reason. :lol:

Also, I'm a huge fan of the work you did with Aloners. Really, it was one of the most well-written VNs I've played. Cheers!
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

Seryiena
Tumblr: seryiena
Deviantart: Daisy-Chan

#10 Post by Seryiena »

Sounds very interesting...with interesting and colorful characters~ <3 I've never play any VN involving Djinn before and since fantasy is one of my favorite genre,I look forward to this~ X3

Red is not my favorite color but for unknown reasons I can't help not to be intrigued by Amir.Lol. XD

Aloners is one of the two VN games that ever made me postponed my sleeping hour and ended up being very sleepy at work.I really enjoy it.Kudos on creating such awesome game,you~ <3

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#11 Post by Harliqueen »

Are there enough words to describe how excited I am for this? Probably not :D

Everything looks great, and it's certainly sounding like a really intriguing storyline. I have to say Bahadur caught my attention the most, but all the characters sound awesome.

Can't wait to find out more as you progress!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

sonnet009
Regular

#12 Post by sonnet009 »

Rahnos wrote:This looks so cool! ^___^ will definitely be keeping an eye on this project. :3
Thanks! :-)
Agashi wrote:Wow, this sounds incredible! The more fantasy romances we can get, the better! I'm incredibly excited to see a romance VN involving Djinn, which are one of my favorite fantasy races in D&D that aren't really well-known outside of it. The lore you're alluding to here sounds very interesting as well and I'm curious to see where you'll take it.

I'm particularly intrigued by Ran (who wouldn't be?) and by Jamal, oddly. The last line of his description about having no practical skills whatsoever... I don't know why, but that really endeared him to me for some reason. :lol:

Also, I'm a huge fan of the work you did with Aloners. Really, it was one of the most well-written VNs I've played. Cheers!
Aw, thank you!

I'm glad the lore is appealing to you. I'm definitely trying to build an interesting world. And I'm also really glad that Jamal's caught your interest -- he's an odd mix of highly skilled in certain select areas but completely hopeless in everything else. So far, he's been a ton of fun to write.
Seryiena wrote:Sounds very interesting...with interesting and colorful characters~ <3 I've never play any VN involving Djinn before and since fantasy is one of my favorite genre,I look forward to this~ X3

Red is not my favorite color but for unknown reasons I can't help not to be intrigued by Amir.Lol. XD

Aloners is one of the two VN games that ever made me postponed my sleeping hour and ended up being very sleepy at work.I really enjoy it.Kudos on creating such awesome game,you~ <3
Hehe. Amir has a mysterious hold over you, eh?

And thank you for saying such nice things about Aloners. :-)
Harliqueen wrote:Are there enough words to describe how excited I am for this? Probably not :D

Everything looks great, and it's certainly sounding like a really intriguing storyline. I have to say Bahadur caught my attention the most, but all the characters sound awesome.

Can't wait to find out more as you progress!
Ooh, I'm glad you're excited! :-) I'll try my best to keep regular updates going...

snowflakes
Regular
Projects: Improve my art
Deviantart: vychi

#13 Post by snowflakes »

I loved both Aloners and Rei, so I'm definitely going to follow close your project!
I saw that the artist of the game is again Periwinkle, the same as Aloners, so there will be nice CG for sure as those fantastic sprites
So far, I liked the theme, I like fantasy a lot and of course your writing, so I'm sure I will enjoy this VN and I will be waiting for this with excitement.
I think that I will pursue first Ramal, I think that under that facade of a manipulator, he is a kind and protective person (maybe? haha)
Well, thats all I can say for now, thanks for your hard work in making those fantastic games !

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#14 Post by Hazel-Bun »

So excited!!!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Nebty

#15 Post by Nebty »

Nice to see you putting up an in-progress thread for this one! I was excited to see you finally reveal news about Wilder on your tumblr not too long ago. As a fan of both Rei and Aloners, I'm looking forward to this one.

One thing I hope you'll be addressing is the inherent power imbalance in a romance between a noble main character and a person who's part of a slave class. I've loved everything you've written so far, so I have faith that you will, but the idea is just kinda squicky on the face of it. The thing I loved most about Aloners was the sense of equality and partnership between Trash and the MC.