Wilder [GxB, GxG] [COMMERCIAL] BAHADUR'S STORY NOW AVAILABLE!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Message
Author
User avatar
LibbyAsh
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:35 am
itch: naeris
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] (fantasy romance) [COMMERCIAL] DEMO UP

#46 Post by LibbyAsh » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:30 am

Finally got some alone time, first thing I did was fishing out the bookmark, download the demo & devoured it. The Art is top-notch work ;p
Loved Bahadur, he's a cutie. Can't wait for Royo's path. XD
Definite vibe of "Arabian Nights", which made it more of my dish.

suggestion: Outside the Djinns, perhaps one or two CGs about other mystical species from Ancient Persian type of Lore? e.g. رخ (ruḵ)/Roc bird of Mythology? ;p

tl;dr: THe demo is superb, definite pledge material on KS.

User avatar
sonnet009
Regular
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 am
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] (fantasy romance) [COMMERCIAL] DEMO UP

#47 Post by sonnet009 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:11 pm

Agashi wrote:Played the demo about 3-4 days ago and I STILL. CAN'T. STOP. THINKING. ABOUT. IT.

The characters are great, but what really sold me on this game (aside from your previous body of work, of course!) was how great that twist was toward the end of the demo. Actually, the reveal of what was going on in the MC's life at the start of the demo was something of a twist as well! Both are extremely well-executed and left me hungry for more story.

I had a quick question, and it's kiiiiind-of spoilery? I'll put it in tags below just in case:
Will all of the romance routes be of the "choose at the beginning and you're locked in" kind? I got that impression with being able to choose to "Go with Ran" at the end of the demo, but since there was no option to go with Bahadur, I wasn't sure. He probably won't be select-able until his route is previewed, right?
All in all, this was amazing. I'm counting down the days until the full game's release (I'd rather wait for the whole thing than torture myself playing one route at a time :lol: ) and I'll definitely be cheering you on~!
:-D Thank you so much!

To answer your question, in the final game you will choose which route to play early on, in the prologue. And you're right -- the "Go with Ran" at the end of the demo was the only option because Ran's sneak peek is the only one available right now. I will update the demo when each new route is upcoming.
LibbyAsh wrote:Finally got some alone time, first thing I did was fishing out the bookmark, download the demo & devoured it. The Art is top-notch work ;p
Loved Bahadur, he's a cutie. Can't wait for Royo's path. XD
Definite vibe of "Arabian Nights", which made it more of my dish.

suggestion: Outside the Djinns, perhaps one or two CGs about other mystical species from Ancient Persian type of Lore? e.g. رخ (ruḵ)/Roc bird of Mythology? ;p

tl;dr: THe demo is superb, definite pledge material on KS.
Thank you for the kind words. :-)

I'd love to follow your suggestion and include all kinds of things like that, but...uh...unfortunately my budget is loooong gone by this point. ;-)
Image

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

User avatar
lassitvde
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:14 am
Projects: tba
Tumblr: crystalblazefire
Location: Jakku
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] (fantasy romance) [COMMERCIAL] DEMO UP

#48 Post by lassitvde » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:41 pm

played the demo a few days ago and here i am, only commenting now. god, where do i even start?????
first of all, ran just took my heart and stABBED it at the bedroom scene, gdi the atmosphere was so suggestive and then all of the sudden the tabLES ARE TURNED. i actually kind of had my suspicions but i didn't expect him to attempt murder on her, lmao. he seems like a real survivor, seeing how he's a pro at lying when it's needed and his resourcefulness generally coming before his sense of morality - or at least, that's the impression i got. but of course, he'd probably change - i mean, that's probably the key to his relationship with the main character.


whoops, rambled too much, sorry cx anyhow, even though ran's not really an amiable character, there's something about him that's oddly enthralling and it doesn't help that his sprite is attractive beyond belief he's definitely going to be my first playthrough character, so i was sO exCITED with the previews of his route. and bahadur is just too sweet and caring, he definitely is the last person i'd doubt in anything.


also, i just adore everything about the game. the logo is fantastic - it really gives off that mysterious, dangerous high-fantasy vibe, and the sOUNDTRACK. god, the music suits the story so well, especially in tense situations. the writing is amazing btw, it flows smoothly with no unnecessarily long descriptions or awkward dialogue. plus, the game has a strong lowkey game of thrones vibe, which i'm totally digging, and an arabian nights-ish feel to it too. it also might be the music that's contributing to all of this, but really, all that matters is that this game is and will be amazing. < 3

User avatar
sonnet009
Regular
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 am
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] (fantasy romance) [COMMERCIAL] DEMO UP

#49 Post by sonnet009 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:31 pm

lassitvde wrote:played the demo a few days ago and here i am, only commenting now. god, where do i even start?????
first of all, ran just took my heart and stABBED it at the bedroom scene, gdi the atmosphere was so suggestive and then all of the sudden the tabLES ARE TURNED. i actually kind of had my suspicions but i didn't expect him to attempt murder on her, lmao. he seems like a real survivor, seeing how he's a pro at lying when it's needed and his resourcefulness generally coming before his sense of morality - or at least, that's the impression i got. but of course, he'd probably change - i mean, that's probably the key to his relationship with the main character.


whoops, rambled too much, sorry cx anyhow, even though ran's not really an amiable character, there's something about him that's oddly enthralling and it doesn't help that his sprite is attractive beyond belief he's definitely going to be my first playthrough character, so i was sO exCITED with the previews of his route. and bahadur is just too sweet and caring, he definitely is the last person i'd doubt in anything.


also, i just adore everything about the game. the logo is fantastic - it really gives off that mysterious, dangerous high-fantasy vibe, and the sOUNDTRACK. god, the music suits the story so well, especially in tense situations. the writing is amazing btw, it flows smoothly with no unnecessarily long descriptions or awkward dialogue. plus, the game has a strong lowkey game of thrones vibe, which i'm totally digging, and an arabian nights-ish feel to it too. it also might be the music that's contributing to all of this, but really, all that matters is that this game is and will be amazing. < 3
I think you've got a good grasp on Ran as a character there. He's definitely a whatever-it-takes-to-look-after-myself kinda guy, and not without reason. I mean, he's had no one else to trust or rely on for a long, long time. But, I dunno, maybe MC can change that a little... ;-)
I'm so glad you liked so much about the demo! Ran's Story is coming a little later this month, and I hope you enjoy it just as much!
Image

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

User avatar
Kirlett
Regular
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:57 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] (fantasy romance) [COMMERCIAL] DEMO UP

#50 Post by Kirlett » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:13 am

I can't wait for Ran's route! *-* But I wonder, will his route feel complete without the epilogue?
Bahadur is a cutie and he's always trying to protect the MC even if he can't take action directly. Aww...
I played a shy, good-natured heroine in the demo and oh, it was sooooo good. I felt like Ran would open up to her and trust her because she wouldn't feel like a threat, more like he could play with her and not the other way around xD AND BAHADUR, I can see him going all protective big brother on her. Do not touch my cutie songbird, filfthy Ran! (In his head, of course, he would never say that aloud hahaha)

THE MC! I played Aloners before and I'm really glad you decided to keep that feature (player choosing the MC's personality) because I have a thing for shy and cute heroines, but sometimes you want to be... BAD. Hehe. (In Wilder more than Aloners, being able to be a b*tch and enjoy having slaves, that kind of thing).

Do you know the exact day when Ran will come out? I'm checking every day like the fangirl I am 8)

User avatar
sonnet009
Regular
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 am
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] (fantasy romance) [COMMERCIAL] DEMO UP

#51 Post by sonnet009 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:02 pm

Kirlett wrote:I can't wait for Ran's route! *-* But I wonder, will his route feel complete without the epilogue?
Bahadur is a cutie and he's always trying to protect the MC even if he can't take action directly. Aww...
I played a shy, good-natured heroine in the demo and oh, it was sooooo good. I felt like Ran would open up to her and trust her because she wouldn't feel like a threat, more like he could play with her and not the other way around xD AND BAHADUR, I can see him going all protective big brother on her. Do not touch my cutie songbird, filfthy Ran! (In his head, of course, he would never say that aloud hahaha)

THE MC! I played Aloners before and I'm really glad you decided to keep that feature (player choosing the MC's personality) because I have a thing for shy and cute heroines, but sometimes you want to be... BAD. Hehe. (In Wilder more than Aloners, being able to be a b*tch and enjoy having slaves, that kind of thing).

Do you know the exact day when Ran will come out? I'm checking every day like the fangirl I am 8)
Don't worry, each route has defined endings. They won't feel incomplete. :-)

Bahadur is definitely an expert at looking after MC while still maintaining a perfect air of professionalism. He's had many, many years of practice! And that's a well thought-out theory on Ran and MC's relationship. You'll have to wait and see if it's true. ;-)

I won't give the exact release date for Ran, because I feel like whenever I do that I always end up eating my words. But I can say that he is definitely still on-track for his February release. :-D
Image

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

User avatar
MissArel
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:27 pm
Location: Turkey
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] (fantasy romance) [COMMERCIAL] DEMO UP

#52 Post by MissArel » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:06 pm

OH MY GOD!

The visual novel that made me LOVE this type of games was Aloners! When I finished playing it like 3 times, I showed it to all of my friends. :P

Usually the MCs in visual novels have no "soul", they are like blank paper if you know what I mean. But you can create great MCs, I have the freedom to shape my character.

Oh, I LOVED the demo. My fav character is Ran and Im so happy he is the first one we can court :P I cant wait for the full release! Keep up the great work dear Sonnet. :D

User avatar
sonnet009
Regular
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 am
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] (fantasy romance) [COMMERCIAL] DEMO UP

#53 Post by sonnet009 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:59 pm

MissArel wrote:OH MY GOD!

The visual novel that made me LOVE this type of games was Aloners! When I finished playing it like 3 times, I showed it to all of my friends. :P

Usually the MCs in visual novels have no "soul", they are like blank paper if you know what I mean. But you can create great MCs, I have the freedom to shape my character.

Oh, I LOVED the demo. My fav character is Ran and Im so happy he is the first one we can court :P I cant wait for the full release! Keep up the great work dear Sonnet. :D
Awww, thank you so much! :-D

I can't wait for you to get to play Ran's route. I hope he's everything you wanted. :-)
Image

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

4nh
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:30 am
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] (fantasy romance) [COMMERCIAL] DEMO UP

#54 Post by 4nh » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:34 am

I just got around to play your demo, Sonnet.

Fist of all, I have to say I've played all of your games and love the way you make them with the players' experience in mind. With a lot of these visual novels, you don't get to choose how to act, and when you do, there are always these right and wrong choices. I never knew how much I enjoy "crafting" the main character until I played Aloners.

Back to Wilder, a very promising prologue indeed. Glad to hear Ran will be the first finished route, I'm most intrigued by him. A bit of an ass though, but you can't blame him for what he's been through. Also I really enjoyed your writing and world building. I smiled ear to ear through most of the play-through.

Some suggestions:
  1. The script is very hard to read. The transparent background and font are in the same hue, I have to squint several times just to finish the demo. It's a real pity since your writing is so prominent and beautiful.
  2. On the other hand, the text box and its' design are rather big, covering much of the backgrounds (like the main character's bedroom where you can only see the ceiling and walls, all the bed and floor are hidden) instead of complementing it.
That's all. Good luck, and I can't wait for the completed game. ;)

User avatar
sonnet009
Regular
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 am
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] (fantasy romance) [COMMERCIAL] DEMO UP

#55 Post by sonnet009 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:15 am

Wilder: Ran's Story is now available to purchase on itch.io!

Thank you to everyone who has waited so patiently. Bahadur's Story will be coming in March!
Image

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

User avatar
Konoi
Regular
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:30 am
Deviantart: Kurozora-Konoi
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] [COMMERCIAL] RAN'S STORY NOW AVAILABLE

#56 Post by Konoi » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:58 pm

Goodness gracious, Ran's story! I have so many games to play right now, but this is one of my top priorities haha!
I'm so in love with him - each time I come and check on the progress, and I see his portrait, I'm impressed by him haha!

Expect my reactions soon!
And congrats on finishing the route!

User avatar
Kirlett
Regular
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:57 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] [COMMERCIAL] RAN'S STORY NOW AVAILABLE

#57 Post by Kirlett » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:32 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW, IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!

I didn't expect the heroine to look like that. I mean, did she have green hair? haha I was picturing her with long, silky brown hair until the first CG appeared. It was a little off-putting, but it doesn't matter. I'll try to keep picturing her in the way I did before :3

THE BACKGROUNDS. Soooooooooooo pretty, truly beautiful art! And they change between day and night! *O*

Question! How many endings are? I've got Ran's Sweet Ending, but I'm curious about others.
And will we be able to know who killed the Shah and why? (Well, we know who took part in it, but...) Do we learn the whole truth in the epilogue, or in a specific route?
Ran was a great character and it felt really good to play the sweet, kind MC because he was pissed when she was a REALLY good person, but I think that's exactly what he needed. Someone who cared for him and treated him with kindness, respect and loyalty. Aww, good love story!

Ah: I'm not killing that squirrel. EVER.

User avatar
JBShields
Regular
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:26 pm
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] [COMMERCIAL] RAN'S STORY NOW AVAILABLE

#58 Post by JBShields » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:49 pm

I'm looking forward for the complete game. Will y'all try to release it on Steam?

User avatar
Konoi
Regular
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:30 am
Deviantart: Kurozora-Konoi
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] [COMMERCIAL] RAN'S STORY NOW AVAILABLE

#59 Post by Konoi » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:25 pm

Oh my God, just finished Ran's route. Got the Sweet Ending!
And oh boy, the ending's label is true... and I loved it. It was so sweet and perfect and everything I hoped for and even more! <3

I love Ran. I already told that after playing the demo, but he's exactly the kind of character I tend to like. But he's really exceptionaly perfect. Seriously, it'll be hard for me to play another route after that! I don't know how I'll manage to do that - I may have to wait a long while :lol:
But seriously, the story was SO TOUCHING I don't even... Slave stories always leave a strong impression on me, but Ran's "my favorite kind of slave" (ugh, I hate saying that, but you get what I mean, right) - he's like a proud yet wounded beast. He's beautiful, and I'm not only talking about his body. It was really great to play Mahki as a very nice and loving, sometimes teasing, girl, but one who'd also accept her responsibilities and do what has to be done sometimes, without flinching. I really like that about your games - your MCs can be roleplayed sooo well without it impeding getting the good ending.
Now, I must also say the moment where Mahki had to trick the lord and the heartseer at the end... it BROKE MY HEART. It broke my heart so badly I couldn't help it and cried. Even knowing her plan was only a trick, it was SO DAMN AWFUL. My god I hated that. No, not in that way - it was greatly written and a great plot point overall - but the pain... oh the paaain!
I also loved the part in the mountains when Ran was hurt and Mahki had to take care of him. It's cliché, but I'm a sucker for that, and when well done, it's always such a powerful moment and a nice way to make the relationship progress one way or another.
Also, I know people have already asked about that, but how many ending the game has? I mean, the route in this case. I got the Sweet one, and I assume you put some kind of bad ending - I guess you get it if Mahki treats Ran like a slave from beginning to end. I'm curious if you did any more ending than a sweet and a bad one? I'm not really planning to try any, anyway - I couldn't be cruel to Ran :lol:
Speaking of that kind of things, I've noticed sometimes when you make a choice, you have a black screen and you hear Mahki's heartbeat - are these choices the most important ones?
I'm also very curious about the exact consequences of one specific choice:
when Mahki tells the story about the djinn slave whom she discovered stealing from the family, when she was a little girl, and Ran asks what she did.
I choose to tell the truth, even if it was sad. Does a lie come to bite you later, or maybe does he sense it on spot. Or is a lie better?

Anyway, with that said, congrats on the first route, and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the amazing game and the happines it brought to me!

User avatar
sonnet009
Regular
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 am
Completed: Rei, Aloners
Projects: Wilder
Organization: sonnet009 games
Tumblr: sonnet009
Contact:

Re: Wilder [GxB, GxG] (fantasy romance) [COMMERCIAL] DEMO UP

#60 Post by sonnet009 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:09 am

4nh wrote:I just got around to play your demo, Sonnet.

Fist of all, I have to say I've played all of your games and love the way you make them with the players' experience in mind. With a lot of these visual novels, you don't get to choose how to act, and when you do, there are always these right and wrong choices. I never knew how much I enjoy "crafting" the main character until I played Aloners.

Back to Wilder, a very promising prologue indeed. Glad to hear Ran will be the first finished route, I'm most intrigued by him. A bit of an ass though, but you can't blame him for what he's been through. Also I really enjoyed your writing and world building. I smiled ear to ear through most of the play-through.

Some suggestions:
  1. The script is very hard to read. The transparent background and font are in the same hue, I have to squint several times just to finish the demo. It's a real pity since your writing is so prominent and beautiful.
  2. On the other hand, the text box and its' design are rather big, covering much of the backgrounds (like the main character's bedroom where you can only see the ceiling and walls, all the bed and floor are hidden) instead of complementing it.
That's all. Good luck, and I can't wait for the completed game. ;)
Thank you. :-) And, yeah, it's fair to call Ran a bit of an ass. Though, who can blame him!

The textbox has been tweaked a little, and it's probably now at its final stage. I hope it's a little better for you.
Kirlett wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW, IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!

I didn't expect the heroine to look like that. I mean, did she have green hair? haha I was picturing her with long, silky brown hair until the first CG appeared. It was a little off-putting, but it doesn't matter. I'll try to keep picturing her in the way I did before :3

THE BACKGROUNDS. Soooooooooooo pretty, truly beautiful art! And they change between day and night! *O*

Question! How many endings are? I've got Ran's Sweet Ending, but I'm curious about others.
And will we be able to know who killed the Shah and why? (Well, we know who took part in it, but...) Do we learn the whole truth in the epilogue, or in a specific route?
Ran was a great character and it felt really good to play the sweet, kind MC because he was pissed when she was a REALLY good person, but I think that's exactly what he needed. Someone who cared for him and treated him with kindness, respect and loyalty. Aww, good love story!

Ah: I'm not killing that squirrel. EVER.
Hehe. Actually, the heroine's hair is brown, though the lighting in some CGs does give it a bit of a green hue. Of course, everyone is free to imagine their heroine exactly as they want them. ;-)

There are two endings -- Bitter and Sweet. And more details will be revealed about the events that set the game in motion in other characters' routes.
JBShields wrote:I'm looking forward for the complete game. Will y'all try to release it on Steam?
Yes, that is the plan. :-)
Image

Rei - a supernatural high school romance (COMPLETE)
Aloners - a post-apocalyptic romance (COMPLETE)
Wilder - a forbidden fantasy romance (2017/2018)

Follow me on tumblr at sonnet009 or sonnet009games for updates.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users