Heart Fragment [OTOME][FANTASY][DEMO AVAILABLE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Heart Fragment [OTOME][FANTASY]

#61 Post by Zelan »

Wow,that is absolutely breathtaking. I can see the fragmented heart on her chest, but then she's also surrounded by glass shards... I wonder what's up with that?

heartfragment
Regular
Projects: Heart Fragment
Tumblr: heartfragment
itch: heartfragment

#62 Post by heartfragment »

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates! Heart Fragment is still chugging along. Here's a look at the Clive sprites!
Published Project:

CeeCeeVA
Regular
Projects: Celflux Animation as the voice of Shandrita
Tumblr: CeeCeeVA

#63 Post by CeeCeeVA »

Looks amazing as always! ^.^ I can't wait to play through it!
Voice Actress, Casting Director, Writer & Director

https://ceeceeva.wixsite.com/chasityconner

Animation Demo Reel:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10plH50 ... p=drivesdk

For VO inquiry:
CeeCeeVA@yahoo.com

Hayako
Completed: The Knife of The Traitor Hungarian Translation
Organization: Freelance Translator

#64 Post by Hayako »

I like it! :D And don't worry! It's important that the game is slow, but it is made.

heartfragment
Regular

#65 Post by heartfragment »

Hey there folks!! I'm so, so sorry updates stopped for so long. The reason was that my sprite artist kind of... disappeared on me. It was discouraging as I had paid in advance but I've been unable to get in contact with them and it really took a blow to morale, and to my financial situation. Regardless though, I'm back to it with a demo available for download on Itchio!!

Demo Link

I'm so grateful for everyone's patience, and I hope you'll like the progress I've made despite the struggles along the way!
Published Project:

heartfragment
Regular

Re: Heart Fragment [OTOME][FANTASY][DEMO AVAILABLE]

#66 Post by heartfragment »

Well done everyone! We are already 5% funded in the first 24 hours!

I'm so proud of how much we managed to achieve in just one day! 5% may not sound like much on the surface but it is absolutely an amazing beginning. Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart.

Interested in knowing a bit more about Heart Fragment? Here's some features you can look out for!
  • All routes contain 2 romantic endings, a friendship ending, and a bad ending except for the found family route. which has 1 good ending and 1 bad ending.
  • Do you have your eye on multiple characters? There are two endings which will allow you to end up with two of the characters at once. The first option is Shannon and Clive together, and the second is Jasper and Kay together. If people are interested in this specific feature the full game may include extra combinations!
  • While there isn't necessarily a stat building component to the game, making different combinations of choices may influence the protagonist's outlook of the world. By default she is a cynic with little self worth. Try out different choices and see how she'll grow throughout the game!
  • If fully funded, all CG scenes will include full voice acting, as well as some other scenes including partial voice acting!
If you're excited for these features, make sure you share this campaign around if you have the chance to do so. Heart Fragment is a goal I desperately want to make a reality, and I need your help with that!

Make sure you keep an eye out. Within the next week I will releasing a side story as well as an updated demo that includes a preview into each route!

Sincerely, Casper Swann
Published Project:

Joshua1207
Regular
Projects: composed for: Sweetest Monster, AIdol, Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet
Organization: Mock Off
Soundcloud: Joshua1207

#67 Post by Joshua1207 »

Glad to see the project is alive, keep up the good work!!
https://soundcloud.com/joshua1207
My newest hits^

Contact me if you need a composer!

heartfragment
Regular

#68 Post by heartfragment »

After a longer wait than I intended due to some... technical issues, the extended demo is now up!

The extension includes a preview into 3 of the routes, and an option to skip any content you’ve already seen. Additionally there is now a version for MAC available as well alongside PC.

The Kickstarter is going quite well, with $635 currently pledged towards our goal - approximately 20% of the necessary funds. If you can, please share Heart Fragment around or check out the Kickstarter yourself if you haven’t already!

Thanks a bunch everyone for your support so far!

PS: Its come to my attention that the game’s file size is … kind of huge for a visual novel. This is because all images includes are not compressed and are in their full original glory, as well as the music being HD. In the future, would you all prefer I compress this into a smaller size? Doing so would mean that the images and music may have a bit lower quality but generally shouldn’t be too noticeable. High quality, non-compressed images and music will be included with the appropriate Kickstarter tiers for people wanting that!
Published Project:

heartfragment
Regular

#69 Post by heartfragment »

HEART FRAGMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED ON STEAM

It took a little while but you can now add Heart Fragment to your Steam wishlist! This means when the full game is released you will be given the option to activate your game on Steam with a provided Steam key if you chose a tier on Kickstarter that includes a copy of the game. Be sure to check out the Steam store page here.

Steam requires a 2 week period of newly posted games in a "coming soon" state, but after those 2 weeks are finished you will be able to download the demo there as well.

Funding has reached 22% of our goal, with 21 days left in the campaign. Although there's definitely still a possibility of reaching our goal, the Kickstarter may sadly need to be redone with budget cuts. I still have a lot of hope that we can make it to our goal on time! I won't give up!
Published Project:

heartfragment
Regular

#70 Post by heartfragment »

We are more than halfway towards our funding goal on Kickstarter!
With only 14 days left to reach our goal, we're at almost 60% funding. This is wonderful news, and I'm extremely excited to announce that we've come so far! However, as Kickstarter is all or nothing, we need to keep pushing forward until we get to that 100% mark. If you haven't already, please check out the Kickstarter and consider backing us! And thank you so much to softquietbee on tumblr for doing the above artwork of Xani and Shannon!

Kickstarter | Itchio Demo | Steam Store

Kickstarter reward tiers:
Published Project:

heartfragment
Regular

#71 Post by heartfragment »

We have 12 more days left to reach our goal in the Heart Fragment Kickstarter campaign! It is all or nothing, so please help us out if you can! We are super close to our goal and just need a little more of a push to get there. Today we've got some art previews & a short, free side story that will allow you to spend one-on-one time with Kay & Clive!
Curious about these boys? You can now get to know them a bit better in a free to download side story. Don't worry, side stories for the other characters are on the way soon too! Download on itchio now :)

Here's a peek at the rough sketch & colors of the Jasper sprites! This handsome antagonist is waiting for you in the full game.~

We also have a little look into some Xani and Clive art that'll be in the game. More art previews soon to come!

Kickstarter | Itchio Demo | Steam Store | Side Story
Published Project:

heartfragment
Regular

#72 Post by heartfragment »

The 10 day countdown for the Heart Fragment Kickstarter has begun! To avoid spamming on Lemmasoft forum, I'll be keeping the daily countdown to social media. If you want to see 10 different Heart Fragment art pieces from 10 different artists, make sure you follow us!

Image Image Image

Days 10 & 9:

(day 10 art by stardoka on tumblr, day 9 art by rosellline on tumblr)

Additionally, because of the complex way that the endings in Heart Fragment will be set up in the final route, I wrote this up to explain it more clearly!

FINAL ROUTE ENDINGS
The way the endings in the final route will work is a bit complex! As noted in the endings list, you will be able to get romantic & platonic endings with most characters.

In the final route, who your “endgame” partner is will be up to you!

Each character will be featured in a section of the final route. At the end of each of their sections, you will be given a choice:

KISS THEM or HUG THEM

If you KISS THEM: You can select them as your endgame partner! You can kiss multiple characters and choose between them, but you’ll get bonus text for only kissing one!

If you HUG THEM: You can select them as your endgame BFF! You can hug multiple characters and choose between them with no “penalty” for hugging them all.

You can have an endgame partner & endgame BFF, just an endgame partner, or just an endgame BFF. If you don’t choose to kiss or hug any of them, the ending will be more focused on the full group.

Whether or not you can choose a character as a romantic or platonic partner at the end will depend on what endings you get in their route. While the final route will be unlocked by completing at least one romantic or platonic ending for every character, you can only select a romantic partner who you have completed a romantic ending with. Doing both their romantic and platonic endings will make them an option for both!

Published Project:

heartfragment
Regular

#73 Post by heartfragment »

With just three days remaining, Heart Fragment has reached its goal!
To celebrate, here's the beautiful art that @razzle-reds-dazzles on tumblr did of Kay for us!

We did it, everyone! 🎉🎉🥂 We are officially fully funded with three days left in the campaign! This is incredible. I’m so proud of how much has been accomplished and I can’t even describe how exciting this is. Its been a long, anxiety-inducing journey but in the end, it paid off and I’m so glad for how well we’ve done.

Three days may not sound like much time but let’s keep pushing on towards our stretch goals! To recap:
  • $100 CAD over our goal ($3300 total funding) will get each route extended, including the prologue. The extension of the prologue will include more choices to impact the personality options available to the player, and moments that were going to be told in flashbacks during Kay’s route will be told in real-time with dialogue options to impact Kay’s route before it even begins!
  • $600 over our goal ($3800 total funding) will add in an extra route with 3 endings! Backers will get to vote on her design out of a few possible options.
  • $1000 over our goal ($4200 total funding) will get extra CGs in each route, which also means extra fully voiced scenes too! Each route will get at least 2 extra CGs.
  • $2300 over our goal ($5500 total funding) will get all background artwork uniquely commissioned! This means all scenes will be shown exactly as they should be, down to the smallest detail.
This is the final stretch. I can't wait to show you all of the exciting things to come. Stay tuned!

Published Project:

heartfragment
Regular

#74 Post by heartfragment »

I could have sworn I posted this already but somehow it seems I forgot to post the final results of Heart Fragment Kickstarter!

With an amazing show of support we managed to meet all the way up to our third stretch goal! So, not only is Heart Fragment going to be made, it'll also have extra content, an extra romantic+platonic route, and extra CGs!! The game's next demo update is going to be released in April/May along with a revamped GUI and a greatly expanded demo. The new demo will also implement the personality traits that you will be able to gain along your journey - a mix of positive and negative traits. Some bad endings (but not all) will require specific negative personality traits be activated to get them. For this reason I'm toying with the idea of making an EASY MODE and a HARD MODE. The easy mode will allow you to choose which personality traits to equip once you unlock them, while hard mode will lock them in once activated.

Additionally, the new social media feature that will allow you to check the protagonist's social media feed will be implemented with the new update as well! Checking the social media feed is optional, but I totally recommend it because there are some extra CGs that can only be unlocked there!

The voting for backers to choose the design for Natalia - the newly introduced route - is also being done right now.
Lavendel did some sketches for the design options. As the graphic below states, these are not the exact finalized designs or poses; they're to show the basics of each one. So far the voting has options C in the lead with 57 votes! Option A has 37 votes while B has 41.

Lots of exciting progress is being made! Stay tuned!

Published Project:

foleso
Regular
Completed: Demon Kiss, Rustea Conversation, Love Rewind, Crown & Cauldron
Projects: Franken Tutor
Organization: Foleso
Tumblr: foleso
Deviantart: foleso
Github: foleso
itch: Foleso