Heart Fragment [OTOME][FANTASY][DEMO AVAILABLE]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
heartfragment
Regular
Projects: Heart Fragment
Tumblr: heartfragment
itch: heartfragment

Re: Heart Fragment [OTOME/GxB/GxG][FANTASY]

#31 Post by heartfragment »

Hi Baky, thanks for your interest in the game! My hope is too have the demo out late this year, but I have no set exact date yet, I'm afraid.
I was very eager going into the game and while I'm still eager, I've come to realize that making a game is a lot more work than I originally thought it would be!
My hope for the demo is that it will be filled with the game's artwork, voice talents, and music, as well as have a preview into each specific route. Progress is coming along but there's still time before it'll all be ready. Sorry the wait is going to be long; I hope you'll still look forwards to it by the time it comes around!
Published Project:

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#32 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

What is your initial reaction to the game's intro and characters?

"Holy sheep I want to play NOW". That was my initial reaction.

Which of the character's seems the most interesting to you?

Kei is probably not as nice as he appears to be which intriges me.
Lana looks interesting.
Indigo has this Kuroha feeling on him and I cant wait to stalk him and discover everything.

Do you have any questions about the game itself?

This is obviously going to be commercial, right? I mean, there's no way you are doing this for free and if you are, stop. There s so much work in here I will really fight it if you are planning on releasing it for free.
Side Comment: I just finished my degree in videogame developement, and I'm really good at finding loopholes in story, character and design, and also providing solutions. I'm like a beta tester but for design instead of mechanics, haha.
If you need any review or feedback with the script, lore or whatever, be sure to message me because I'd love to help you with this project.
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

Baky
Regular
Tumblr: delicrieux

#33 Post by Baky »

heartfragment wrote:Hi Baky, thanks for your interest in the game! My hope is too have the demo out late this year, but I have no set exact date yet, I'm afraid.
I was very eager going into the game and while I'm still eager, I've come to realize that making a game is a lot more work than I originally thought it would be!
My hope for the demo is that it will be filled with the game's artwork, voice talents, and music, as well as have a preview into each specific route. Progress is coming along but there's still time before it'll all be ready. Sorry the wait is going to be long; I hope you'll still look forwards to it by the time it comes around!
Defo will be looking forward! And I know exactly how you feel! I had my own ideas about making a vn but after I had the base art done and everything I was just like "damn this is tough"...Not even gonna start talking about the coding part :D
No need to apologize, dear. Keep up with the good work and try to not strain yourself too much - the game wont be as good if you overwork yourself ^^
♡I write things for fun.♡

heartfragment
Regular

#34 Post by heartfragment »

Hello again everyone! Sorry its been a while since the last update. My health continues to fail me, so while I'm doing my best, the game will likely be delayed by to a lot longer than I expected. My original hope was for the full game to come out at the end of this year, but now I'm thinking that is about the time I'll have the demo ready. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. ;;

On the other hand, I have some beautiful pieces of artwork for the game to show off!
Here's some pretty pics of Xani, the game's protagonist.

Image Image
These beautiful pieces of artwork were done by rinachin and ShimizuAmatsuka on DeviantArt.
Published Project:

heartfragment
Regular

#35 Post by heartfragment »

The sprites of Xani have been completed!
Deency did a beautiful job on them. I feel so proud to see her looking so great!
Published Project:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#36 Post by Zelan »

Congrats to you and Deency on your progress! The sprites look nice. Her short dress is very cute. c:

Mashiro-chi
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Wolf & Red's Lovestory,Familiar & Love
Tumblr: nyahtome
Deviantart: Mashiro-chi

#37 Post by Mashiro-chi »

Ahhh, the game looks very interesting as I'm always interested in Mystery+romance+supernatural. And the art and characters looks so adorable!

thought 20 is lot,little too much for me... but oh well as long as the game's interesting I can sit trough 20 end.(unless half of them are bad end,since I'm very bad with them.. )

"What is your initial reaction to the game's intro and characters?"
-As I said, I'm very interested and loves those adorable looking characters.

"Which of the character's seems the most interesting to you?"
-To me I think Clive and Jasper seems very interesting. I just hope either are yandere,cuz I don't like them...

"Do you have any questions about the game itself?"
-Hmm..are there any yanderes or lod bad endings,cuz as I said I'm very bad with them.... > >

And Good luck for the game!

Game dev blog:Tumblr

heartfragment
Regular

#38 Post by heartfragment »

Thank you, Zelan!

And Mashiro-chi, none of the characters are yandere. Inigo's story is significantly darker than the others but not to the point of being a yandere character. If I were to list the characters based on 'dere' types it would be:

Kei - deredere with a darker side hidden underneath
Clive - tsundere
Jasper - kamidere
Shannon - deredere
Inigo - mayadere
Published Project:

heartfragment
Regular

#39 Post by heartfragment »

Hello everyone, long time no update! Unfortunately the game progress has been EXTREMELY slow, as I am now working on a project with a group of friends that is taking priority to this. We will soon have enough assets to make a post about this game on here as well; it also is an otome game, mixed with horror and 18+ elements. I hope that Heart Fragment's progress will continue, albeit slower than I had expected. Please keep an eye out for more updates, as there will definitely be more coming in the future!
Published Project:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#40 Post by Zelan »

Oh YAY, this is still in progress! :D I was just thinking about it earlier this week. I can't wait to see your new project!

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#41 Post by sakurakimuchi »

Hi, long time no see! I hope everything's okay with you and your health! I'm really excited to play this game!

heartfragment
Regular

#42 Post by heartfragment »

Hello again everybody! So I have a bit of good news. My other project that I’ve been working on is on hold for the time being it seems, as my friends who I was working on the project with kinda pooped out on me, ahaha. This means I’m back working on Heart Fragment! I’ve already gotten in touch with my artist and Deency has agreed to continue working on the project, and is even going to revamp the main character sprites!

Updates should start coming out more frequently now, I am hoping, so long as my health continues to stay in good shape. Wish us luck everyone!
Published Project:

heartfragment
Regular

#43 Post by heartfragment »

Great news! The coding for the demo is 100% complete. All I need now are the art assets and we'll be good to release the prologue as a demo!
I'm not stopping here. I'm going to move on to coding the routes now.
I'm starting with Clive and will work up from there. I'm very excited to be working further on this. I hope you'll all be excited with me!

On another note, the redoing of Xani's sprite is in progress right now. Deency sent me a preview of it today and I can assure you all it looks awesome! She asked me not to post it yet; she'd like to refine it a bit more first.
I'm hoping to show it to you all in the next update!
Published Project:

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#44 Post by infel »

Glad to see you back with this =). It's a very interesting game and I'll like to play it when it comes out. You've done a lot of good work too and it's good the demo is done =D. I'm excited to see the next sprite =D
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

heartfragment
Regular

#45 Post by heartfragment »

Oh god, uh. I'm a complete dummie and accidentally deleted the entire Heart Fragment blog on tumblr while trying to delete a sideblog. So if anyone was following for updates, you'll have to refollow! The blog link is here. Sorry for any inconvenience!
Published Project: