Carpe Diem [Drama, Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Eyzi
Regular
Organization: Moonlit Works
Discord: Eyzi#3994

Carpe Diem [Drama, Slice of Life]

#1 Post by Eyzi »

SYNOPSIS
What makes someone perfect?
Experience this short bittersweet story in the shoes of the main character, Jung, where you will spend your time hanging out with a girl named Ai. Ai is everything Jung wishes for in a woman... except for one very important thing. A thing he prefers to disregard in order for them to have the best time of their lives.
You have a day to enjoy your date and see the world from Jung's point-of-view.

INFORMATION
Words: ~15k
Theme: Drama
Gameplay: ~15 minutes
Resolution: 1280x720
Sprites: 6
BGI: 7
BGM: 2

PROGRESS
Story: 100%
Music: 100%
Coding: 100%
Art: 95%

Hello, guys. This is my first attempt at making a VN. This one is a very short story. It is up on steam greenlight and would be nice if I could get upvotes. You can also see more information about the game, such as screenshots, on its greenlight page. Thank you!

PS: Let me know if I missed some info or if you want to know more about the game (the story is pretty much what is stated above) and I will edit this first post if needed

heartfragment
Regular
Projects: Heart Fragment
Tumblr: heartfragment
itch: heartfragment

Re: Carpe Diem [Drama, Slice of Life]

#2 Post by heartfragment »

The art looks really cute! I'm always up for short games; I gave it an upvote on Steam Greenlight. Good luck with the project!
Published Project:

Eyzi
Regular

#3 Post by Eyzi »

heartfragment wrote:The art looks really cute! I'm always up for short games; I gave it an upvote on Steam Greenlight. Good luck with the project!
Thank you very much! It really means a lot to me. Though it's the story that I'm proud about it and I hope it won't disappoint you.

MilkChocoPanda

#4 Post by MilkChocoPanda »

Your art is adorable! I look forward to when it comes out. Are there other main characters we'll talk to in the game (other than Ai and Jung)? I saw that you had six sprites so I'm just curious.

Eyzi
Regular

#5 Post by Eyzi »

MilkChocoPanda wrote:Your art is adorable! I look forward to when it comes out. Are there other main characters we'll talk to in the game (other than Ai and Jung)? I saw that you had six sprites so I'm just curious.
Thank you! As of now, none. The short story is about the interaction between Ai and Jung. Though I have plans on implementing a version of the game where the first person is female (i.e, there will be a male counterpart of Ai, named Ren). Once I'm fully done with the original plans, I will work on that and hopefully, if time allows, it will be implemented when my VN is released.