SoulSet [Mystery/Romance/Fantasy] (GxB, GxG) DEMO AVAILABLE!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Nayru774
Regular
Completed: SoulSet, Blankspace
Projects: The Elevator Game with Catgirls
Tumblr: NoBreadStudio
itch: nobreadstudio

Re: SoulSet [Mystery/Romance/Fantasy] (GxB, GxG) DEMO AVAILA

#31 Post by Nayru774 »

Here's our Development Progress for November!

The 22nd of November was a special day, because it marked exactly a full year since we released our old SoulSet demo and made our debut with the project on Steam Greenlight (coincidentally it also happens to be the day in which The Letter got funded on Kickstarter a year ago - kudos Yangyang Team! ^^) With the demo's development starting at the beginning of June 2015, we've been currently working on SoulSet for a whole year and a half.

Now, we bring some good news and bad news.

Starting off with the bad news (because there's less of those, thankfully), coding is taking longer than planned. I am currently in the middle of putting together the 6th character route (out of 7). So it's pretty close to completion, but it most likely will still take another week or two before I'm done with the game's complete build. So, sadly, we'll be forced to move our release date to the month of December, after all. Sorry for this, guys.

The good news is that:
- BGs and CGs are now 100% done, meaning that all of the game's art assets are 100% done!
- Marcianek was kind enough to draw more icons than I asked for, so yay for pretty things and a richer experience!

- MstMori started beta-testing our current build in the meantime, and Marcianek decided that she could still draw one more BG, since we have a bit of time to spare.
- We got a lot of paperwork done during this month and we're currently waiting on some last finalizations.

So, we're still working hard on making SoulSet the best game we can. Expect another update from me around the end of November. I'll be keeping you updated on SoulSet's development on a more regular basis from now on, considering a lot of things will be put into motion shortly.

Thank you for your patience and we hope you'll stick around!
Image Image Image

Nayru774
Regular

#32 Post by Nayru774 »

Here's our Development Progress for December!

Starting off with the good news - it was a long and hard battle, but we finally did it!

SoulSet is finally 100% coded! ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆

I promised you some numbers, so here they are: SoulSet's whole script officially stands at 107k words. I coded everything in such a way that the scenes which get repeated in some routes don't get counted more than once.

That's an estimated 10-15 hours of gameplay if you want to explore every nook and cranny in the game.

The bad news is... that we're still waiting on some last paperwork finalizations. We've been told that those might take up to a month, and since we applied for them in the middle of November, we're hoping to receive them in the upcoming week. Here's to hope!

In the meantime, we'll keep beta-testing and polishing the game to the best of our abilities. Once we have the means to put up our Steam store page, we'll let you know.

Thanks for your patience! You'll hear from us soon!

Image Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#33 Post by Zelan »

^_^ What an amazing job you guys have done! Hopefully I'll be able to buy this soon after it comes out since I'll likely be getting Christmas money.

Nayru774
Regular

#34 Post by Nayru774 »

@Zelan - Thank you! :) We gave this project our very best and we are excited to share it with you!

I bring you some exciting news today!

SoulSet's release date is TOMORROW (17th of December)! ...On itch.io, at least.

The week has passed and we’re sad to announce that the last pieces of paperwork we’ve been waiting for didn’t get to us yet. We are unable to finalize our contract with Steam without those. Steam’s Holiday Sale is coming closer (unofficial sources say that it starts on the 22nd of December) and we’ve been trying to push our release date to avoid that timeframe as much as we could, so that SoulSet’s release didn’t get lost in the sea of other game discounts.

Believe us, there is nothing more frustrating than finishing a game you’ve been working on for the last year and a half, only for it to sit and wait on our hard drives, waiting for paperwork to happen.

We were also hoping that people would be able to play SoulSet before the holidays… And seeing that it won’t be happening with Steam at this point, we decided to go with Plan B.

We are going to release SoulSet on itch.io on the 17th of December (tomorrow, basically) around evening hours [keep in mind that our timezone is CET (Central European Time) UTC/GMT +1 hour]. That way, the game will be out five days before the holiday sale and you’ll have an additional Sunday to check it out, as well. We believe this option will make everyone the happiest.

SoulSet’s Steam release date will take place in January 2017, after the holiday sale - once we finally get all the paperwork settled.

We’re very excited and hope you are, too! :)
Image Image Image

Nayru774
Regular

#35 Post by Nayru774 »

Like promised, SoulSet got released today on Itch.io!

We hope you'll enjoy playing it as much as we enjoyed making it! :D

I'll get around to creating a new post in the "Completed Games" thread with an updated description sometime tomorrow!
Image Image Image

readher

Re: SoulSet (GxB)(GxG)[Mystery/Romance/Fantasy] - Demo out!

#36 Post by readher »

Enjoyed Shira's and Shirr's route so far. Probably won't have time for others until next week. The game's very nice. I never played any VN before this one though, so my recommendation might not be the most valuable :P

Nayru774
Regular

#37 Post by Nayru774 »

@readher - I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed the game so far! c: I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the routes, as well!

I finally made a thread in the "Completed Games" with updated images and descriptions for SoulSet.

Take a look! Compared to our initial post, it really shows how much the project has developed during this past year and a half.

Once again, I would like to thank everyone for their feedback and support! A huge THANK YOU! This forum has been a great place to hang around during the development of my very first serious project and I'm eager to stay and get involved with the community for years to come! c:
Image Image Image

Nayru774
Regular

#38 Post by Nayru774 »

We would also like to wish you a Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays!

PS. Those are 3DS paint app fanarts by @Marcianek!
Image Image Image