Audiopheil -The Voice of a Dream- DEMO [BxG, Comedy, Drama]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
halohalo

Audiopheil -The Voice of a Dream- DEMO [BxG, Comedy, Drama]

#1 Post by halohalo »

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama, Slice of Life
Rating: T for Teen
DEMO DOWNLOAD LINKS

Windows:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx1JxL ... lySzg/view

Mac (untested):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx1JxL ... dtV2c/view

Linux (untested):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx1JxL ... dKbjA/view

Android build, coming soon!

Characters

Michael Neumann – Voiced by Christopher Escalante

Mr. Neumann is the owner of the DaisyBel, a recording studio that recently opened in town. He’s always seen in a purple suit with a cravat, which makes him look like nobility from the Victorian era. You do NOT want to see him angry.

Jack DeLisle – Voiced by Vanille Velasquez

Jack is Amary’s little brother. Just like every kid his age, he likes to play outside after school. He’s very protective of Amary. Maybe too protective.

Vida – Voiced by Mel Gorsha
Vida is Aqua’s older cousin. She used to be a carefree teenage girl once, but she’s more uptight now after a few years in college. She’s always concerned about Aqua’s well-being and is a bit of a worrywart.
Sample Screenshots

Credits

Developer's Corner

Hello there! I'm Lucas Magnus, representing our developers, Voiceiyuu Studios and Halo-Halo Studios for the first demo of Audiopheil -The Voice of a Dream-. As this is our first time making a full-length visual novel, or any visual novel for that matter, we would like to ask you to provide feedback concerning the demo and how we can improve it for later releases. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

FAQ

Q: Why are there so few artist-rendered backgrounds?
A: For now, we have no dedicated staff working on the backgrounds. We plan to have all artist-rendered backgrounds for the full release.

Q: Will there be an original soundtrack?
A: Due to budget constraints, the demo provides little in the way of original music pieces. But like the backgrounds, we intend to have a full selection of original music for the final game.

Q: How long will the final game be?
A: For now, we cannot answer that. The length of the game may vary depending on how much we can do with our characters.

Q: Speaking of characters, will Seina and Nita get romance routes?
A: We are still in the process of further developing all of the characters to give you the best experience in the final game. Even we are not entirely sure of what can happen in the future for Aqua and the gang!

Q: Will there be adult content in this game?
A: No.

Q: Will this be a free or commercial game?
A: We are still discussing the merits of both free and commercial releases. For now, this is slated to be a commercially available game.

Q: This is the first time I have seen these kinds of places depicted in a visual novel! Where is this set?
A: We can't let you know about that yet, but we think you can guess where those places are with a little digging around!

And that's it for the FAQ. If you have any questions, suggestions, criticism or advice, please let us know, especially when it's about the programming. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to programming, so every bit of help counts.

Questions for You

1. What did you think of the demo? Does the story interest you?

2. Do you have any character that you liked? If so, what did you like about them?

3. If this game were to be finished, would you be willing to play it?

4. Do you have any advice that would help improve the programming and GUI of the game?

5. Do you have any questions that's not in the FAQ? Please ask away!

Thanks for downloading the demo and we hope you enjoy it!
-Lucas Magnus
Last edited by halohalo on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

semide
Regular
Organization: Di-ferrero
Deviantart: seimide-chan

Re: Audiopheil -The Voice of a Dream- [BxG][Comedy][SoL][Dra

#2 Post by semide »

omo I'm in love with the character design my favorite is Seina. A voice acting vn seems interesting I'm looking forward to it.

halohalo

#3 Post by halohalo »

semide wrote:omo I'm in love with the character design my favorite is Seina. A voice acting vn seems interesting I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks for the feedback! Have you tried the demo yet? If so, please feel free to tell us what you think about it! It'll help us out a lot.
-Lucas Magnus

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#4 Post by Windchimes »

The art looks so nice! And I really like the premise of the story.

Quick question: I might have missed it when I was reading the first post, but will the game be released for free or commercially? (Judging from the quality and the features I'm assuming commercial? xD)

Going to download the demo and play it in a bit!~

halohalo

#5 Post by halohalo »

Windchimes wrote:Quick question: I might have missed it when I was reading the first post, but will the game be released for free or commercially? (Judging from the quality and the features I'm assuming commercial? xD)
Nothing has been set in stone yet, and we are still discussing the path we would take for this project. For now, we plan to make this a commercially available product.

We hope you enjoy the game as much as we did making it! :D

-Lucas Magnus

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#6 Post by MimirollCookie »

Is this gonna be a commercial game or free game?

halohalo

#7 Post by halohalo »

MimirollCookie wrote:Is this gonna be a commercial game or free game?
For now, we are planning for a commercial game. Nothing final yet, though.
-Lucas Magnus