Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mysticichigo
Regular

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/Otome]

#16 Post by mysticichigo »

1) Give me all the dialogue :twisted: It's usually my favorite part of vn-type games, since I love seeing how the responses change the story. Plus, if the MC is basically a blank slate defined by the players' choices, then we need a lot of choices to make in order for her to actually get fleshed out. I suppose it could make replays somewhat annoying if the responses didn't cause much variation in the story, but sometimes it's basically like getting a whole new story that way. Besides, as long as there's a feature to skip text you've already read, I don't see why having a lot of dialogue choices would be an issue.

2) What's wrong with second person? I actually love when people write stories that way. Very few people do (or at least, very few people use second person narration in anything of quality), so it's usually pretty memorable when it's done well. It's certainly worth using in a game like this.

3) I'm already prepared to be an Emry fangirl. In otomes, I always like the distant but brilliant types, so I already know I'll like his route. Plus, his design is gorgeous.

4) It depends how much of the story's been written out in the demo. If the 'novel's portion is well-developed enough to stand on its own, then I don't particularly care about having fancy visuals. Really, CGs and stuff are more of a nice bonus to me than anything; I care a lot more about the quality of the writing than about how it looks.

5) A customizeable MC would be awesome. (As a dress-up games enthusiast, I would probably get far too much enjoyment out of a feature like that for it to be healthy.) Voice acting is pretty low on my priorities list for any game, but original music is always a plus. As for the additional character route, it would depend on who the character was.

Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

#17 Post by Agashi »

Phew~! Sorry for disappearing like that, everyone! The holidays kind of ate my soul, and a few things behind the scenes have sadly fallen apart. :( But that's okay! Delays are an inevitable part of life, after all. I shall press on! :mrgreen:

I answer questions/comments first and post the (small) progress report separately for ease of reading. :)
Have to say first off how excited I am for this game! Everything looks and sounds amazing :D You have obviously put so much work into it that I think it's going to blow people away!

1. What do you think of the role-playing possibilities? Do you think the more dialogue options, the better? Or do you think too much could mean that replays would become cumbersome?

I always enjoy choice, so the more the better in my case!

2. what do you think of the 2nd person narrative? Too weird or worth giving a shot?

I've played a couple of VNs with 2nd person, and I think the medium suits it well.

3. Favorite character so far? More info on them can be found HERE, for those interested.

It was Noah, but I'm leaning towards Emry (Heavily leaning ;) )

4. The demo will lack a lot of pretty art assets like hand-drawn BGs and CGs. Will this effect your enjoyment?

Not for the demo. A demo is just a demo after all, just a way of getting to see more about what the story and gameplay will be like :)

5. Finally, any requests as far as Kickstarter goals?

More CGs always go down well!
Voice acting is never something that overly appealed to me, and I don't miss it when it's not there.
Yay! You're back! Thank you so much for the kind words, m'dear. And oh my, the virus that is Emry appears to be spreading quickly. :mrgreen: Just call me Patient Zero.

I feel reassured after reading your comments. CGs are something I ADORE in VNs, so a significant portion of the budget will be going towards that, and it's looking more and more like I can completely nix the idea of voice-acting. Good to know I can cut the fat somewhere. :lol:
I hope you don't mind my short comment, but I just wanted to stop in to say that I am following this happily! I'm extremely eager to get a chance to try the demo, since much of this game's appeal seems based on (at least for me) gameplay, and that's always something that you just need to experience to decide on. I've fallen in love with the incredibly specific 'historic politics with oodles of world building and definable protagonist written in second person narrative' games as of late, and I think this game is stepping towards filling that niche admirably.

Also, a small suggestion for your concerns about the blank protagonist not having enough choices of response, or perhaps too similar of choices: play-testing by a variety of people could do wonders for this, I think. It is nearly impossible for a writer, even the most skilled of storytellers, to write from a drastically varying collection of perspectives in one story. This is just natural and human; we write from our own experiences and from ourselves. I'd say, unless they are inordinately skilled at seeing and expressing things from a variety of different viewpoints, a writer hoping to accomplish this pretty much needs to work with others who can point out possible responses that would have been missed with just one person working on it. I'd really encourage you to get some volunteers for this purpose. I'm sure finding them would not be hard at all. (Like me. Cough.) A few perspectives on natural responses to a situation would definitely provide more variation than one, which would be super beneficial in a game with a blank MC.

I'm looking majorly forward to seeing more from this game because what is out so far looks fantastic!
All comments are welcome, short and long :wink: And BOY is that a specific niche! I think that describes what I'm shooting for with QC to a perfect tee actually, so hopefully when you get a chance to give the demo a try, you'll be pleasantly satisfied.

Oh and careful where you put that incredibly sweet offer of help... Someone might be liable to take advantage of that, especially when the call for beta-testers comes out later :twisted: Haha... In all seriousness, thanks for the thoughtful comments!
I wonder how the MC will look in the game? I hope she' ll be shown in the game??
p.s. so far wonderful work!
Thanks for the interest, Erikka! The MC won't appear in the demo, but she will definitely be in the full version of the game. I left out any details because I want to have her fully customizable by the player. Hopefully we get enough money on Kickstarter to do that, but if not, she'll appear on this thread sometime after the demo is released. :)
1) Give me all the dialogue :twisted: It's usually my favorite part of vn-type games, since I love seeing how the responses change the story. Plus, if the MC is basically a blank slate defined by the players' choices, then we need a lot of choices to make in order for her to actually get fleshed out. I suppose it could make replays somewhat annoying if the responses didn't cause much variation in the story, but sometimes it's basically like getting a whole new story that way. Besides, as long as there's a feature to skip text you've already read, I don't see why having a lot of dialogue choices would be an issue.

2) What's wrong with second person? I actually love when people write stories that way. Very few people do (or at least, very few people use second person narration in anything of quality), so it's usually pretty memorable when it's done well. It's certainly worth using in a game like this.

3) I'm already prepared to be an Emry fangirl. In otomes, I always like the distant but brilliant types, so I already know I'll like his route. Plus, his design is gorgeous.

4) It depends how much of the story's been written out in the demo. If the 'novel's portion is well-developed enough to stand on its own, then I don't particularly care about having fancy visuals. Really, CGs and stuff are more of a nice bonus to me than anything; I care a lot more about the quality of the writing than about how it looks.

5) A customizeable MC would be awesome. (As a dress-up games enthusiast, I would probably get far too much enjoyment out of a feature like that for it to be healthy.) Voice acting is pretty low on my priorities list for any game, but original music is always a plus. As for the additional character route, it would depend on who the character was.
Hey, mysticichigo! Thank for your interest in the project!
1) You definitely make some good points here. With the responses and story, I'm shooting for something that closely mimics the way the Dragon Age games work. The overall plot is the same, except for two or three major points where your decisions can change things, and the rest of the dialogue choices lead to "seasoning." The other characters respond to you differently depending on your choice. Some options can end the conversation, some can lead to more detailed backstory, and almost all will lead to stat-changes that eventually lead to changes in the story... But they mostly lead to the same places plot-wise... eventually. Hope that makes sense. :? I kind of confused myself there...

2) Agreed. The response to the second-person narrative has been pretty positive so far, and that's encouraging. We'll have to see if QC pulls it off, ne? :mrgreen:

3) Haha... Emry is going to be getting a LOT of love, I can tell already. I hope you'll enjoy his route. Distance and Brilliance are very dear friends of his, as you'll see. He runs to them for comfort when things get tough, and his romance, as well as the other two, have points where they get VERY tough.

4) Excellent. Duly noted.

5) Yep, I'm in the same boat when it comes to dress-up sims. I'll put you down for a vote of 1 for customizable MC and 1 for music. The additional character route would be a gruff, cantankerous character of lowly birth who's actions speak more loudly than words. They might also be female, since I have yet to include a female love interest, but I'd be nervous about writing it. I might have to put that up for a vote later on if the character route gets funded on Kickstarter.

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS EVERYONE! Keep 'em comin'!
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

Lyhra
Regular
Tumblr: nami-stuff

#18 Post by Lyhra »

This games sounds really cool. I'm such a a fantasy court fan *^*

1. What do you think of the role-playing possibilities? Do you think the more dialogue options, the better? Or do you think too much could mean that replays would become cumbersome?
The more the merrier (?) I''m not that much of the replayer type but, still, I really enjoy having lots of dialogue options so I can find the one that appeals to me the most :3

2. what do you think of the 2nd person narrative? Too weird or worth giving a shot?
Not weird at all. I'm a fan of Seven Kingdoms: Princess Project (7KPP), which is in second person too, and it flows really well.

3. Favorite character so far?
For now, I'm really interested in Noah. His look is quite appealing :D

4. The demo will lack a lot of pretty art assets like hand-drawn BGs and CGs. Will this effect your enjoyment?
I say: BRING IT ON!

5. Finally, any requests as far as Kickstarter goals? My own priorities are, in order, MOAR CGs, pretty BGs, customizable MC sprite with different CGs based on preferences, original music, voicing, and additional character route. I'd like to hear what potential players would want to see first!
A customizable MC would be really, really, awesome *-* Besides that, I'm really not interested in voicing and original music wouldn't be a priority for me, so in second place I would put the pretty backgrounds, the additional character route (if it's a female love interest, i'm sure there will be many people interested :D) and then the additional CGs.

Hope this helps ^^

Agashi
Regular

#19 Post by Agashi »

UPDATE:

So Noah's route for the demo is officially finished! :mrgreen: I will be moving on to the main plot (week 3) next and I'm hoping to get some writing done on it tonight. Now that my other writing projects on the side are all finished, I should have more time to focus fully on QC.

Semide is putting the finishing touches on the main menu screen and Noyemi K has finished all but one of the original music tracks. I'm hoping to get previews up within the next week or so. 8)
This games sounds really cool. I'm such a a fantasy court fan *^*

The more the merrier (?) I''m not that much of the replayer type but, still, I really enjoy having lots of dialogue options so I can find the one that appeals to me the most :3

Not weird at all. I'm a fan of Seven Kingdoms: Princess Project (7KPP), which is in second person too, and it flows really well.

3. Favorite character so far?
For now, I'm really interested in Noah. His look is quite appealing :D

I say: BRING IT ON!

5. Finally, any requests as far as Kickstarter goals? My own priorities are, in order, MOAR CGs, pretty BGs, customizable MC sprite with different CGs based on preferences, original music, voicing, and additional character route. I'd like to hear what potential players would want to see first!
A customizable MC would be really, really, awesome *-* Besides that, I'm really not interested in voicing and original music wouldn't be a priority for me, so in second place I would put the pretty backgrounds, the additional character route (if it's a female love interest, i'm sure there will be many people interested :D) and then the additional CGs.

Hope this helps ^^
1) Hopefully the range of dialogue options suits you. We aim to please. Haha...

2) Ah, I need to play that one! It's high on my to-do list, but I haven't had the time... Did they release the full version of the game yet?

3) Haha... His look is somewhat inspired by Rumaty from Hanasakeru Seishounen. I'm really happy with how he turned out and I'm glad he appeals to someone else besides me. :lol:

5) Noted! I'll get around to tallying up the suggestions eventually, but it's good to finally hear a vote for BGs. The placeholders I'm using for the demo are really bumming me out with how ridiculous some of them are :? , so the need to replace them with something good is mounting...

And It absolutely does help! Thanks for commenting!
Current Projects:

Lyhra
Regular

#20 Post by Lyhra »

About the backgrounds, of course they aren't as important as having a well developed gameplay and a good story etc., but I think that it would be a shame having beautiful sprite and artwork with backgrounds that barely match them at all (?) So, yeah, backgrounds are important too! xD

As for 7KPP, the game hasn't been released yet but there is a demo, as well as a beta version (but I don't know if it's open to ask for it still) that, although barely covers the beginning of the game, it pretty showcases what it's about and how it works, and its gameplay mechanics ^-^

Btw, Noah is even more handsome than Rumaty, those tattoos are sexy ;)

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#21 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

First I would like to say that I love games where you can choose the name of the protagonist, where you can decide their personality, and also ones where the choices have a big impact on the story, and your game has them all, so thank you for that!

I love having a lot of dialogue options. My real life sucks, and choices help me get immersed in the game, which I enjoy doing.

I like the idea. It seems interesting, and I'm curious to see how it changes my gaming experience.

3. Favorite character so far? More info on them can be found HERE, for those interested.

Teiran seems like a challenge. I think he would keep me on my feet, and he seems like the kind of person to say everything he feels. I can't wait to tangle with that sharp-tongued rascal~

The story is what really intrigues me, though artwork does increase my enjoyment. However, I believe I can still enjoy the demo, seeing as how I already find the entire game interesting.

Definitely an added character route~ I love to have more suitors to woo.

mysticichigo
Regular

#22 Post by mysticichigo »

You definitely make some good points here. With the responses and story, I'm shooting for something that closely mimics the way the Dragon Age games work. The overall plot is the same, except for two or three major points where your decisions can change things, and the rest of the dialogue choices lead to "seasoning." The other characters respond to you differently depending on your choice. Some options can end the conversation, some can lead to more detailed backstory, and almost all will lead to stat-changes that eventually lead to changes in the story... But they mostly lead to the same places plot-wise... eventually. Hope that makes sense. :? I kind of confused myself there...
So is it kind of like some sort of linear visual novel, then? Or am I misusing the term? (I only recently found out those were a thing, and I'm still half convinced they're oxymoronic.) I've never played the Dragon Age games, so :oops:

And I'm preparing myself for some intense fangirling over Emry in the future. Can I please just request a CG where the MC braids his hair? It's too pretty to resist playing with!

Agashi
Regular

#23 Post by Agashi »

UPDATE:

The writing for week three is proving to be a little troublesome, but I'm chipping away at it. Because of some development delays behind the scenes, it's looking like we won't make the January deadline I was hoping for. :( Tentatively hoping for a Valentine's Day release instead. THAT would be pretty sweet.

Music for the demo is DONE! Noyemi put together four original compositions that I think will suit the game beautifully... I can't wait to share them! Also, Bonesy has joined us as a programmer and he's going to get started on that front this Thursday! :mrgreen:
About the backgrounds, of course they aren't as important as having a well developed gameplay and a good story etc., but I think that it would be a shame having beautiful sprite and artwork with backgrounds that barely match them at all (?) So, yeah, backgrounds are important too! xD

As for 7KPP, the game hasn't been released yet but there is a demo, as well as a beta version (but I don't know if it's open to ask for it still) that, although barely covers the beginning of the game, it pretty showcases what it's about and how it works, and its gameplay mechanics ^-^

Btw, Noah is even more handsome than Rumaty, those tattoos are sexy ;)
Haha, that's pretty much how I feel when it comes to backgrounds. I don't dislike games that have stock or mismatched BGs, but I DEFINITELY notice and appreciate when they have pretty ones.

Also, :lol: My inner Rumaty fangirl is torn by how I should respond to this... The tattoos are pretty great though. Nero outdid herself.
First I would like to say that I love games where you can choose the name of the protagonist, where you can decide their personality, and also ones where the choices have a big impact on the story, and your game has them all, so thank you for that!

I love having a lot of dialogue options. My real life sucks, and choices help me get immersed in the game, which I enjoy doing.

I like the idea. It seems interesting, and I'm curious to see how it changes my gaming experience.

Teiran seems like a challenge. I think he would keep me on my feet, and he seems like the kind of person to say everything he feels. I can't wait to tangle with that sharp-tongued rascal~

The story is what really intrigues me, though artwork does increase my enjoyment. However, I believe I can still enjoy the demo, seeing as how I already find the entire game interesting.

Definitely an added character route~ I love to have more suitors to woo.
Yay~! I think I remember you commenting on the game back when it was little more than a concept? Nice to hear from you again, vocaloids! Since you mentioned it, immersion is actually an important goal of mine, and it's the main thing that keeps me coming back to these types of games. I hope the final product is an enjoyably immersive experience for you! :mrgreen:

Teiran is... complicated... I've done a pretty poor job of explaining him as a character up until this point, because he really doesn't mesh well with any sort of description... He's more of a force of nature - completely defined by whatever his motivations are at a given moment - than a character. I'm glad you're interested in him though. :D Out of all the routes, his was the hardest, but most rewarding to write. I've gotten some great feedback behind the scenes from people who've read his full story, so hopefully he doesn't let you down!

And another vote for character route! I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for your comments!
So is it kind of like some sort of linear visual novel, then? Or am I misusing the term? (I only recently found out those were a thing, and I'm still half convinced they're oxymoronic.) I've never played the Dragon Age games, so :oops:

And I'm preparing myself for some intense fangirling over Emry in the future. Can I please just request a CG where the MC braids his hair? It's too pretty to resist playing with!
Um... It's not really linear, per se. It has linear story elements but then there's also the romances, which by their nature diverge quite a bit. And then the main plot branches in a few key points as well... I don't really know how to explain myself more clearly without giving away spoilers :oops: Sorry!

And haha... Emry is quite pretty indeed. I don't know if I can work in any hair-braiding at this stage, since everything's already plotted... and Emry seems somewhat too er... dignified for that? I can't promise anything, but there is one scene where it MIGHT make sense if I do some kind of charisma stat-check... We'll have to see. :wink:
Current Projects:

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#24 Post by AntiquedFae »

All comments are welcome, short and long :wink: And BOY is that a specific niche! I think that describes what I'm shooting for with QC to a perfect tee actually, so hopefully when you get a chance to give the demo a try, you'll be pleasantly satisfied. quote]
Yes, I thrive on specifics. And I do believe I will be.
Oh and careful where you put that incredibly sweet offer of help... Someone might be liable to take advantage of that, especially when the call for beta-testers comes out later :twisted: Haha... In all seriousness, thanks for the thoughtful comments!
Haha, I'm plenty happy for my proofreading skills to be taken advantage of. So seriously, let me know when you need help.
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Erikka
Regular

#25 Post by Erikka »

Will the main heroine also be visible on CGs?)

gypsy4191

#26 Post by gypsy4191 »

This looks awesome, and I would be happy to help in anyway possible. except I'm not good at any thing lol

isanart
Projects: Athanatos, Ambivalence, Anyparxia
Deviantart: d-autriche

#27 Post by isanart »

Woah this is so nice XDD, actually I'm just a fan of medieval/fantasy/kingdom settings hehehe

Well, this is just me, but I don't really like if there's too much of choice. But if you have a skip feature, maybe it's okay. Sometimes I just doesn't want to go through all of it again only to found out that I only need to choose one different choice to get a different ending. If the choice were too much I am afraid it'll effect or confuse me how to get another ending. Since this means the probability were more vary (?) I hope I can get through what I want to tell. I am sorry for my broken english :'(

Actually I am a person who look into the plot/story more. How you brought out the story didn't matter, as for me.

Emry. I'm already an emry fan after read his short intro, hehe :)
A person who protect in silence, kind like that? Ehehehe

As long as the story interesting, it didn't matter. But it would be good if I can see more bishie, ehehe

Additional character route! and it'll be interesting if in the next play game we can be another character. Or a hidden scene/choice after you get a certain ending in the next play game would be great.

Agashi
Regular

#28 Post by Agashi »

I'M BACK, EVERYONE! Sorry for disappearing for so long. There was a bit of drama behind the scenes, but things are beginning to come together once again.

UPDATE:

Writing side - Week 3 and part of Week 4 have been written! Weeks 1-3 have been programmed by the illustrious Bonesy, who has been nothing but sweet and patient with me over the last month. :mrgreen: I think we're officially past 20,000 words now, but that's a rough guesstimate.

Art side - Nero has completed another set of sprites for us, bringing the total up to 10. Two left to go! The GUI designer has gotten started on our interface, and already completed the main menu screen. He has his work cut out for him, but I live with him, so I can badger without feeling bad. :lol:

Also - Queen's Crown now has an official facebook page!
Please support us by liking the page and sharing it with your friends! Among other tidbits, you can see some special facebook-only stuff like a short teaser trailer, banners, and the art that will be seen on the demo's main menu screen! :mrgreen:
Haha, I'm plenty happy for my proofreading skills to be taken advantage of. So seriously, let me know when you need help.
You are a peach, my dear. :wink: I'll PM you when the time comes!
Will the main heroine also be visible on CGs?)
YEP! This will mean a lot of work for our poor CG artist when the time comes, especially if we get the fully-customizable MC, but I think the end product will feel nice and personalized. :D
Woah this is so nice XDD, actually I'm just a fan of medieval/fantasy/kingdom settings hehehe

Well, this is just me, but I don't really like if there's too much of choice. But if you have a skip feature, maybe it's okay. Sometimes I just doesn't want to go through all of it again only to found out that I only need to choose one different choice to get a different ending. If the choice were too much I am afraid it'll effect or confuse me how to get another ending. Since this means the probability were more vary (?) I hope I can get through what I want to tell. I am sorry for my broken english :'(

Actually I am a person who look into the plot/story more. How you brought out the story didn't matter, as for me.

Emry. I'm already an emry fan after read his short intro, hehe :)
A person who protect in silence, kind like that? Ehehehe

As long as the story interesting, it didn't matter. But it would be good if I can see more bishie, ehehe

Additional character route! and it'll be interesting if in the next play game we can be another character. Or a hidden scene/choice after you get a certain ending in the next play game would be great.
Haha... nice to see a fellow medieval VN fan!

I think I understand what you're saying. I'll be releasing guides, and even step-by-step walk-throughs, once the whole game is released. Hopefully it will be fairly easy to get the endings you want. As long as you keep progressing through the romance, the actual endings don't branch until VERY late in the game. Up until that point, you can play your romance pretty much any way you want and if you save around week 14 or 15, you probably won't have to play through the first 2/3 of the game to get a different ending.

And yes, Bishies are a must. :wink: It's funny you say that about playing as a different character! IF I were to do a sequel to QC in the future, the MC would likely be another character. One who shows up in THIS game briefly, but we don't know much about them... I'll leave it a mystery for now, though.

Thank you for your comments! I'll add you as another vote for character route!
Attachments
Ser Korin is one of your personal bodyguards. He's very young and he has a nervous way of speaking, but there is no one in the guard who can match his skill with a sword.
Ser Korin is one of your personal bodyguards. He's very young and he has a nervous way of speaking, but there is no one in the guard who can match his skill with a sword.
Commander Greyson is the last of your advisers and the highest ranking military official under your command. He suffers from frequent migraines.
Commander Greyson is the last of your advisers and the highest ranking military official under your command. He suffers from frequent migraines.
Current Projects:

Lyhra
Regular

#29 Post by Lyhra »

Glad to have some news about the project. I'm already stalking the facebook page and the trailers :D
Everything is looking so great!

CarrotyCat
Regular

#30 Post by CarrotyCat »

Agashi wrote:
“...A world is supported by four things...the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous and the valor of the brave. But all of these are as nothing without a ruler who knows the art of ruling.” - Frank Herbert

- Nameable protagonist whose personality is determined completely by you!
- A stat-building system made up of 3 different stats: Intelligence, Combat, and Charisma
- Opportunities to build stats manually as well as in casual conversation for heightened role-playing potential!
- 3 romanceable characters with routes that branch heavily depending on your choices
- 17 planned endings, including about 11 romance related and 6 non-romance
- At LEAST 120,000 words of content. Will have more accurate estimate once the demo is complete
- World-building out the wazoo!
Agashi - Project Lead, Creator, and Writer
Nero279 - Sprite Artist, Adorable Minx
Harliqueen - Graphic Designer, All-Around-Peach
ShojiAmasawa - Logo Designer
Lady_Luck94 - Character Concept Artist
Noyemi K - Composer
Bonesy - Programmer Extraordinaire
More to come!...
Estimates are for the DEMO as of right now, will change to full game after January demo release!
UPDATED - 01/27/16
Planning stage: DONE
Writing stage: In Progress
Main Route - 43%
Emry Route - DONE
Noah Route - DONE
Teiran Route - 40%
Stat-grinding - 17%
Programming stage: 10%
Art: 80% (10/12 sprites are completely finished, aside from expressions. Must consider backgrounds and GUI as well.)
Music: DONE
So, in the interest of full disclosure, I should admit up front that I am a very broke bee. I am funding everything out of pocket until the demo, and hoping to fund the rest of the game through kickstarter. Because of this, the demo will likely not include such things as CG art and proper hand-drawn BGs, but rest assured, these things will be added (among lots of other goodies!) after the full release.

Also, this will be a commercial project. I plan to sell it for about $10 when it's complete. "BUT!" you say. "BUT Agashi! Over in the ideas thread, you said it would be free!" Yes, and I'm really sorry to say that so irresponsibly, but I underestimated how much producing the high-quality vision I have in mind would cost, AND how much I enjoy making VNs. In order to create more in the future, I need the funds... BUT! In recognition of the unthinking promise I made on that thread, ANYONE who donates even $2.00 to the project on kickstarter will receive a full copy of the game, plus my heartfelt thanks, no questions asked!

Putting Queen's Crown into production is my goal, first and foremost, so anyone who helps me do so will reap the full rewards. Future games are far-off in my periphery... Which brings me to...

Nothing wrong with selling the game. If you feel that you've put good effort into making an awesome one and you're proud of it!

Congratulations and hope to see more! ^_^