Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Message
Author
User avatar
Agashi
Regular
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 11:35 pm
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
Skype: ali.almonte
itch: agashi
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#106 Post by Agashi » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:01 pm

We are extremely happy to announce that, after a solid month of tweaks and extra hard work put in by the artists and the programmer, the NEW demo of Queen's Crown is officially up!

New features include:


- A customizable sprite for the player-character (change her hair style and mix-and-match different hair, eye, and skin colors!)

- A streamlined GUI with newly added art gallery!

- Gorgeous new hand-drawn Backgrounds:

- New music!

- Miscellaneous text corrections and bug fixes! (Along with bits of tweaked dialogue here-and-there... Teiran-romancers in particular should keep a sharp eye out.)

Experience a fuller, richer Queen's Crown that comes much closer to what we will offer in the full game! Download on our itch.io page now, and as always, please let us know what you think!




Happy V-Day, all! ♥
Last edited by Agashi on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!


User avatar
Kirlett
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:57 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#107 Post by Kirlett » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:30 pm

OH. MY. GOD.
THIS LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!! We can even choose how MC looks?! What is this?! Otome Heaven?!
I'm downloading the demo right now.
Do you have a release date for the full game?

User avatar
Agashi
Regular
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 11:35 pm
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
Skype: ali.almonte
itch: agashi
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#108 Post by Agashi » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:41 pm

Kirlett wrote:OH. MY. GOD.
THIS LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!! We can even choose how MC looks?! What is this?! Otome Heaven?!
I'm downloading the demo right now.
Do you have a release date for the full game?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Tentative release date isn't until December, sadly, but in the meantime, please enjoy the new demo! And thank you!
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!


User avatar
wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:27 pm
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#109 Post by wyverngem » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Wow, that's exciting to see you can customize the the heroine. :) I'll have to try the updated version soon.

User avatar
Lyhra
Regular
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:55 am
Tumblr: nami-stuff
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#110 Post by Lyhra » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Yeeees, i'm donwloading already. I still remember bits of the older demo but it will be almost as if this was my first time seeing the game :3

Edit: There seems to be a bug with the Load/Save option. After Quick saving the game and returning to the Main Menu, I enter the Load panel and there are no save files. Although the in game Quick load option does seem to work.

User avatar
Kirlett
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:57 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#111 Post by Kirlett » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:36 pm

Noooooooooooooo, I shouldn't have played the demo. It was SO GOOD. Now I'm all hyped for the full game...
I fell hard for Noah. When he gives her his "greeting", oh my. :oops:
Also I'm a sucker for political intrigue. I love playing a savvy heroine who is neither too good-natured nor evil. She's just smart. Heh.
(I'll play the sweet, gullible princess later. I like those heroines as well).

AND WHO IS DESMOND?! Does he appear in the demo? Did I miss him?!
Also, blondie is gonna fall sooner or later. I KNOW IT. But he's a tough one.
And what's the deal with the noble boy? ALL THOSE GIFTS. WHAT IS GOING ON.
We were free from Bianka sooner than I thought. I was already seeing her as one of the main rivals/villains. I like that she respects the heroine (when she does). Good character.

AH. If you think I trust MC's uncles ONE bit... YOU'RE WRONG. I'm awfully suspicious of them. That kingdom is MINE (well, HERS) and no man in shining armor is going take her throne. Nope. Not happening. JustignoremeIloveyourgame.

User avatar
Konoi
Regular
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:30 am
Deviantart: Kurozora-Konoi
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#112 Post by Konoi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:47 am

I've played the new demo, and if the first one was great, this one is utterly awesome! I'm really thrilled about it!

My choices did remain mostly the same as the first time I've played, but this time I've ended up with intelligence 6, and the other two stats at 3, so I guess some of my choices did vary, or maybe some things about that changed?

I'm also curious about Desmond. I didn't met him the first time I've played, but since he wasn't a romance option back then, I simply though he didn't even "exist" at that time. But now I can't help but wonder - did he really not exist or did I miss him? I didn't meet him this time neither, and now I think it's weird. Is it right for me to assume you must make some specific choices to meet him? Or maybe he doesn't appear in the demo...?

Aside from that, I'm still in love with Emry - he's so sweet. I've already told that, but he really caught my heart. Still love Noah too, and I definitely like Teiran more and more, even if I did not get any new scene with him - since I want to play fully intuitive, I don't want to bother giving him other answers for now. I'll do that when I'll get to play the full release and hunt for all of the endings!
And even if it's my second time playing, Bianka made me cry again. Really, that last scene with her breaks my heart, it's so painful and sad... She's really a great character, no doubts about that...

User avatar
Agashi
Regular
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 11:35 pm
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
Skype: ali.almonte
itch: agashi
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#113 Post by Agashi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:40 am

Aaaahh, I should really be going to bed, but I'll answer these comments first, before I forget....
wyverngem wrote:Wow, that's exciting to see you can customize the the heroine. :) I'll have to try the updated version soon.
Thanks so much for stopping in, wyverngem! Hope you enjoy it! :mrgreen:
Lyhra wrote:Yeeees, i'm donwloading already. I still remember bits of the older demo but it will be almost as if this was my first time seeing the game :3

Edit: There seems to be a bug with the Load/Save option. After Quick saving the game and returning to the Main Menu, I enter the Load panel and there are no save files. Although the in game Quick load option does seem to work.
Yay! Glad to see another familiar face! And yes, I was able to replicate the same issue in mine. I'll let the programmer know within the next few days or so, that way if any other bugs turn up, I can roll them all up into one fixed build. :) Thanks for letting me know, m'dear!
Kirlett wrote:Noooooooooooooo, I shouldn't have played the demo. It was SO GOOD. Now I'm all hyped for the full game...
I fell hard for Noah. When he gives her his "greeting", oh my. :oops:
Also I'm a sucker for political intrigue. I love playing a savvy heroine who is neither too good-natured nor evil. She's just smart. Heh.
(I'll play the sweet, gullible princess later. I like those heroines as well).

AND WHO IS DESMOND?! Does he appear in the demo? Did I miss him?!
Also, blondie is gonna fall sooner or later. I KNOW IT. But he's a tough one.
And what's the deal with the noble boy? ALL THOSE GIFTS. WHAT IS GOING ON.
We were free from Bianka sooner than I thought. I was already seeing her as one of the main rivals/villains. I like that she respects the heroine (when she does). Good character.

AH. If you think I trust MC's uncles ONE bit... YOU'RE WRONG. I'm awfully suspicious of them. That kingdom is MINE (well, HERS) and no man in shining armor is going take her throne. Nope. Not happening. JustignoremeIloveyourgame.
LOL. Noah has been slaying ever since the first demo came out. :lol: I'm so glad you enjoyed what we have of the game so far! I'll address your concerns about Desmond in my response to Konoi below, but as far as the other two guys go, I think I'll leave something for the imagination! :mrgreen:
Thanks for the compliments on Bianka's character... but ARE you free of her? I mean, I don't know what choices you made, or what choices you'll continue to make, but there is the sliiiiiiightest chance that you haven't heard the last of her just yet...

And as for the uncles... well, you're not wrong to be suspicious. You should be suspicious of everyone. :wink: They all have their own motivations and agendas, after all...
Konoi wrote:I've played the new demo, and if the first one was great, this one is utterly awesome! I'm really thrilled about it!

My choices did remain mostly the same as the first time I've played, but this time I've ended up with intelligence 6, and the other two stats at 3, so I guess some of my choices did vary, or maybe some things about that changed?

I'm also curious about Desmond. I didn't met him the first time I've played, but since he wasn't a romance option back then, I simply though he didn't even "exist" at that time. But now I can't help but wonder - did he really not exist or did I miss him? I didn't meet him this time neither, and now I think it's weird. Is it right for me to assume you must make some specific choices to meet him? Or maybe he doesn't appear in the demo...?

Aside from that, I'm still in love with Emry - he's so sweet. I've already told that, but he really caught my heart. Still love Noah too, and I definitely like Teiran more and more, even if I did not get any new scene with him - since I want to play fully intuitive, I don't want to bother giving him other answers for now. I'll do that when I'll get to play the full release and hunt for all of the endings!
And even if it's my second time playing, Bianka made me cry again. Really, that last scene with her breaks my heart, it's so painful and sad... She's really a great character, no doubts about that...
Ah thank you so much for playing and commenting, not once, but twice! I'm really, really glad that you enjoyed the demo so much! Emry is also my baby, so I always squee a little bit inside when I can get players to love him as much as I do. Noah and Teiran's stories are always loud in my head; they always want their voices heard and heard RIGHT NOW. Emry is who I escape to when I want to write something I would want to read... With Desmond, I haven't written him enough yet to know where he falls, which leads me to...

Poor Des (aka Sir-not-appearing-in-this-film) does not make an appearance in the demo, haha. I thought about it, but there was really no way to introduce him smoothly into the narrative. He'll show up in one of the very next scenes after the demo ends, though. :lol: Rest assured, you and Kirlett did not miss him.

Glad all of the dialogue options appealed to you! Role-players unite!


Alright, signing off for tonight, guys! Thanks everyone! Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day! ♥♥
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!


User avatar
Alcor
Veteran
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:14 pm
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
Organization: CosmicAlbacore
itch: cosmic-albacore
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#114 Post by Alcor » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:01 pm

I played the demo in January, I think, but I forgot to make a post here. I'll likely post again when I get to playing the updated demo!

1. Who is your favorite character and/or love interest so far?
I enjoyed Teiran the most, but really, all three of the love interests were really intriguing. I felt that all three had lovable personality traits, and they are all very attractive. [/s]I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them in the updated demo/full game!

2. Did the story hold your interest? What was your favorite part about the demo? If your answer contains spoilers, please use tags!
Yes, definitely! I really liked the variety of intelligent and believable choices that were offered. It was nice to see that I could shape the MC into the type of character I wanted to be. I also just loved the dynamics of the court; I actually felt afraid to make some of the decisions, because I wasn't sure what would get me killed, and what repercussions each choice would have. The characters were all quite believable, and I definitely got the feeling that everyone has an agenda of their own.
I kind of dread Bianca reappearing, to be honest. She seems like a formidable opponent, and she was quite well-written. I had trouble deciding what to do with her.
3. (This one is purely to satisfy my curiosity) What options did you choose for your princess? What were her looks and personality like?
Welp, I haven't played the updated demo quite yet. ^_^;

4. Finally, what are your overall thoughts on the game, so far?
I'm loving what you have so far, and the depth/variety of choices makes me feel like it'd have a lot of replay value. I don't buy many commercial visual novels, but I'll definitely consider buying this one. :D

User avatar
Agashi
Regular
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 11:35 pm
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
Skype: ali.almonte
itch: agashi
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#115 Post by Agashi » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:54 am

ALCOR_etc wrote:I played the demo in January, I think, but I forgot to make a post here. I'll likely post again when I get to playing the updated demo!

1. Who is your favorite character and/or love interest so far?
I enjoyed Teiran the most, but really, all three of the love interests were really intriguing. I felt that all three had lovable personality traits, and they are all very attractive. [/s]I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them in the updated demo/full game!

2. Did the story hold your interest? What was your favorite part about the demo? If your answer contains spoilers, please use tags!
Yes, definitely! I really liked the variety of intelligent and believable choices that were offered. It was nice to see that I could shape the MC into the type of character I wanted to be. I also just loved the dynamics of the court; I actually felt afraid to make some of the decisions, because I wasn't sure what would get me killed, and what repercussions each choice would have. The characters were all quite believable, and I definitely got the feeling that everyone has an agenda of their own.
I kind of dread Bianca reappearing, to be honest. She seems like a formidable opponent, and she was quite well-written. I had trouble deciding what to do with her.
3. (This one is purely to satisfy my curiosity) What options did you choose for your princess? What were her looks and personality like?
Welp, I haven't played the updated demo quite yet. ^_^;

4. Finally, what are your overall thoughts on the game, so far?
I'm loving what you have so far, and the depth/variety of choices makes me feel like it'd have a lot of replay value. I don't buy many commercial visual novels, but I'll definitely consider buying this one. :D
Ah, thanks so much for giving the demo a try! I hope you'll consider playing the updated version in future, since - if nothing else - there are many corrections to the text and some of the dialogue is slightly different... Teiran's encounter in particular is tweaked a bit, and since you like him... :twisted: The GUI has also been fixed from where it was messed up in places in the older version.

I'm very flattered that the dialogue came across believably! It was important to me to make the MC at least savvy enough to reflect a life of being raised as a princess... but it was equally important to give players options to role-play WITHIN those parameters, so I'm glad the variety of options suited you!

Thanks again and good luck on your own project! Can't wait to play it!
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!


User avatar
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 pm
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#116 Post by Zelan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:02 pm

I played the demo during my break from LSF, and I was super impressed by it. The wide variety and frequency of choices was great. Even though I generally prefer a protagonist who speaks outside of my own input, this is one example of a "player insert" that I think is done extremely well. I love all of the characters a lot, too, they're all super unique and have their own voices. (I hope there'll be options further down the line to nudge Ser Korin and Lady Jeisa together, I'd be so down for that.)

By the end of the demo, I had 4 Intelligence, 4 Charisma, and 3 Strength. I liked the fact that these stats were mostly determined by dialogue and feeling choices, but I also thought it was good that this was balanced out between the weekly choices of what I was going to do. I usually picked training with the commander since my strength was lacking, and I wanted a fairly well-rounded queen.

I actually enjoyed this game so much that I ended up writing a really, really short fanfiction. Be warned - there's no explicit sexual content, but things do get...steamy. I would say that if it had a rating, it would probably be 16+. Click at your own risk.

User avatar
Agashi
Regular
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 11:35 pm
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
Skype: ali.almonte
itch: agashi
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#117 Post by Agashi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Oh wow, that's.... really flattering and amazing that you took the time to do that. Thank you! ^///^ I especially loved that you continued the 2nd person narrative throughout the story. Very effective! Have you posted it anywhere on social media? I followed you on tumblr so if you post it there, I'll definitely catch it and reblog! I know there are a lot of disappointed Jeisa-fans out there who would appreciate this. ♥

I'm especially pleased to hear that you liked the stat-raising aspect! I wanted to have a good portion of the stats be impacted by the player's overarching personality traits, but I wanted them to have a way of controlling it too... I was afraid going too much one way or the other might be frustrating, especially in a game with so many choices. :) I'm really happy to hear that you enjoyed the game and thank you again!
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!


User avatar
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 pm
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#118 Post by Zelan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:11 am

Agashi wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:38 pm
Oh wow, that's.... really flattering and amazing that you took the time to do that. Thank you! ^///^ I especially loved that you continued the 2nd person narrative throughout the story. Very effective! Have you posted it anywhere on social media? I followed you on tumblr so if you post it there, I'll definitely catch it and reblog! I know there are a lot of disappointed Jeisa-fans out there who would appreciate this. ♥

I'm especially pleased to hear that you liked the stat-raising aspect! I wanted to have a good portion of the stats be impacted by the player's overarching personality traits, but I wanted them to have a way of controlling it too... I was afraid going too much one way or the other might be frustrating, especially in a game with so many choices. :) I'm really happy to hear that you enjoyed the game and thank you again!
I don't usually write in second-person, but since I literally closed out of Queen's Crown in the middle of reading it just to write this, the POV was fresh in my mind. ^_^ It felt surprisingly natural to do! I think that emulating your style (as well as I could, anyway) really helped me with it. c: I just posted it on my personal tumblr (zelandiangelo, not evns) and tagged you, but I'd be glad to link you the post if you have trouble finding it.

I totally feel the Jeisa fans now, haha. I had sort of figured that Llyria would do a good job taking the edge off (honestly, she's great so far, I'm excited for her) but Jeisa can't ~quite~ be replaced. She's just such a sweetie. <3 I picked all of the nicest choices for her conversations - I couldn't bring myself to pick any of the snappier options directed at her.

I was thinking about doing another playthrough to unlock more CGs (I only got Noah's my first time) but I'll have to see what my schedule looks like. Hopefully that'll give me a chance to roleplay an MC with a different personality. c:

User avatar
ladynamoru
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:21 am
Deviantart: ladynamoru
Location: PH
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#119 Post by ladynamoru » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:26 pm

hello and good day.
I was wondering if the games is still updated or is it almost done since the last update is more thn a year.
Im a bit worried for the lack of update.
is there a chance that it will be released?

User avatar
AntiquedFae
Veteran
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:57 pm
Location: Somewhere with an Eight Month Long Winter...
Contact:

Re: Queen's Crown [Romance/Fantasy/Drama/GxB] DEMO UP!

#120 Post by AntiquedFae » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:09 am

ladynamoru wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:26 pm
hello and good day.
I was wondering if the games is still updated or is it almost done since the last update is more thn a year.
Im a bit worried for the lack of update.
is there a chance that it will be released?
Hi, so I'm only a very minor role on the game (proofreader) and haven't heard from Agashi in a while (typical for proofreading; writers typically wait til they have a chunk of writing ready to be gone through) but I can confirm that there's much, much more to the script than what is in the demo currently because I've read it.

She also updated the kickstarter page three months ago on the game's progress: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/49 ... wn/updates
You can call me Fae!
I offer 110% free proofreading, editing and ideabouncing for select games. You can find out more in my thread.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SupersizeMyHeart