null

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
milksoda

null

#1 Post by milksoda »

null
Last edited by milksoda on Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
Github: lunalucid
Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
itch: lunalucid

Re: Cru$h'd! [BxG][Romance/Drama][Game Show]

#2 Post by namastaii »

I noticed you said you didn't know how to code a character limit for the name input. So here's this is you wanted to maybe fix it :)
https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/input.html

milksoda

#3 Post by milksoda »

Thank you! I've got it fixed now.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

My first thoughts as I was reading this were: "It sounds like the Bachelor and that show is pretty trashy." However, I went ahead and read the whole synopsis. The concept of "Cru$hing" does two things: 1) adds another element so that the game show isn't just a rip-off of the Bachelor, and 2) makes for an interesting plot dilemma. It sort of reminds me of that one game show (from New Zealand or something?) where you had two strangers faced with the choice of whether or not to press a button. I don't remember exactly how it worked, or what the title was, for that matter, but the mechanic of a boy proposing to the girl and being able to turn it around after she accepts was similar.

Anyway, I like the idea. I'll watch this project for future developments. c:

Angie
Regular

#5 Post by Angie »

This looks like very intriguing project :3
I love the name, and I really like the artstyle! Although, 50 sprites per character might be a bit too much (again - you know much more about the game than I do). Just try to calculate what you really need, and if its not better to cut some sprites/expressions so that you can invest time in something else.

Also, I really like Main Menu. Don't try to make everything "perfect". Perfection is only in our heads, and after this project, while working on the next one you will look back and wont see that "perfection" you might reach right now. Allow yourself a break, and focus on most important things, and you will do great. Good luck :3
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder