Aquatic Heartbeat [BxG/B] [Mermaid] [Slice of Life/Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
piaalit
Projects: Aquatic Heartbeat
Organization: GALORE
Deviantart: noyver

Re: Aquatic Heartbeat [BxG/B] [Mermaid] [Slice of Life/Roman

#16 Post by piaalit »

sakurakimuchi wrote:1. Are you interested to play this game?
I don't usually play BxG games, but I love mermaid stories and the plot of yours is just too interesting! It's like college life but with mermaids, how awesome is that? I love it!
2. If so, what makes you consider to play this game?
The story/general plot of the game and the art!
3. Does the arts look appealing to you?
Of course!
4. Which character stand out to you the most?
Celesta looks like a total bae! Tio looks so sassy and Vacha looks so funny and nice! So far these are my favorites.

Good luck with the game, I'm excited to hear more about it!
Thank you so much! Please look forward to it! ^^
LizardRobot wrote:1. Are you interested to play this game?
Yes, definitely!

2. If so, what makes you consider to play this game?
I like the idea of the undersea setting with merpeople, and the art is very nice, and I like the looks of the characters.

3. Does the arts look appealing to you?
Very much so. I think the art style has an appealing elegance to it.

4. Which character stand out to you the most?
Meridian, because of her beautiful color combination and cool-looking attitude. But I think I'd want to play to see the romances with most of the characters just based on appearance!

5. If you have any question or criticism you are most welcome!
I really like your logo, it's so gorgeous, except I don't know that I love the font of the word Heartbeat. It feels okay, it's just, the rest of the logo is so incredibly gorgeous, it doesn't feel like it's on the same level as that beautiful frame and the lettering for "Aquatic."

It looks like the game has been under development for a while now, since 2015, and then some years of planning before that. Is it nearing completion? Or are you still deciding on an engine?

Three years of story with play every month seems like a lot of game! How do you think it compares to, say, Princess Maker or Magical Diary in terms of game length? (Or is it not far enough along to say yet? I'm just really curious 'cause I like your merfolk! ^^)
We are currently still working for demo, which is possibly will release around August. We were a bit slow in progress because we also have to work for our job.

We think Aquatic Heartbeat cannot be compared to Princess Maker since Princess Maker is a simulation while our project is a visual novel, plus our gameplay is only once a month instead of 30 days each month.

Thank you so much for your interest~ we will update again soon!

piaalit
Projects: Aquatic Heartbeat
Organization: GALORE
Deviantart: noyver

#17 Post by piaalit »

Introducing AH's new side character~ Seroja

Seroja Lakhsmi

Free-spirited mermaid who like to travel and gossip. An informant and a good friend to confide in.
She doesn't like to be bound in a relationship and choose to live freely.
She was born in a protective family temple of Poseidon (one of religion under the sea).
Protagonist's seat mate during the first year of college

** Updates **

- Script for the prologue (demo) has been completed! (57 pages/17119 words).
- Sprites blinking animation (11 sprites with 27 expressions each) done.
- In progress : CG, GUI, Music

We have decided to use TyranoBuilder for our project. Hopefully it will turns out okay~ ^^;

LizardRobot
Regular
Projects: A Town Called Shanty
Organization: Lizard Robot
Deviantart: lizrobot

#18 Post by LizardRobot »

She's pretty! Her color palette feels very different to the rest of the cast. The others seem very soft and muted in the color tones, while she's more saturated.