Paper Airplane- Sent from Me to You [Writing]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Phantom-chan
Regular
Projects: Paper Airplane - Sent From Me to You
Organization: Eternal Phantoms
Deviantart: Phantom-Chanx

Paper Airplane- Sent from Me to You [Writing]

#1 Post by Phantom-chan »

Paper Airplane- Sent from me to You
Synopsis:
The land of Norhil has seen better days. The bombs of destruction, the lives of many vanishing... It is the time of war, bringing despair to all; demolishing hope. Among all this horror and destruction, a dark soul of only 14 moves to a hospital, feeling the hope of humanity slipping away. However, when a pure soul of 14 meets the dark, a slimmer of hope is born. They find comfort in one another, despite their troubles, and the dark manages to see the light of the good. This story's ending... Is in your hands.

The protagonists:
Celia Creed: A 14-year-old kind and caring girl who is unfortunately cursed by the "Sixth Pure Soul" passed down from her mother.
Kenta Clow: A 14-year-old distant and mute boy who had recently lost his left arm, residing in the Creed Hospital.

Characters:
Meadow Allen: A 29-year-old fun and carefree nurse who takes care of Celia.
Alalia Pierce: A 35-year-old strict and spunky woman who tutors Celia.
Silver Creed: A 45-year-old distant and serious man. The director of Creed Hospital and Celia's father.
Toma Brith: A 16-year-old fun and carefree boy who helps Silver find any hints in plant life that can cure Celia.
Artil Shimada: A 16-year-old strange boy who is "friends" with Kenta. But there is more to him than he lets people see.

Features:
- Celia and Kenta's perspective throughout the story, split in different chapters
- Choices that will lead to bad ends or different situations
- Four true endings
- Bonus chapters after the game

Plot: 100%
Chapters Complete: 6
Coding: 10%
Art: 2%
Music: 1%
Resolution: 1920x1080

Greeting and salutations, internet! This is a progress report on the game the team "Eternal Phantoms" is working on. It is a linear visual novel branching off to being a fantasy, romance, and drama. Paper Airplane follows the story of two 14-year-old children trying to live through their unfortunate lives.

Thanks a lot for reading, we hope you liked what you read so far. Please don't hesitate to comment! Check out the teams website for more information: phantomchanx.wix.com/eternal-phantoms
Attachments
Visual Novel's Logo
Visual Novel's Logo
Last edited by Phantom-chan on Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Happiness is what makes the world go round. Sadness and anger will lead to the end." -Celia Creed (Paper Airplane-Sent from Me to You)

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

Re: Paper Airplane- Sent from Me to You

#2 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I must say, the plot is very nice! This seems like a game I would enjoy playing. I look forward to seeing more updates in the future~

Phantom-chan
Regular

#3 Post by Phantom-chan »

Quick Update:

Chapters Complete: 8
Coding: 15%
Art: 2%

Yay! <3
"Happiness is what makes the world go round. Sadness and anger will lead to the end." -Celia Creed (Paper Airplane-Sent from Me to You)

YzzaPizzaIsCheezy
Regular
Completed: Best Friends
Projects: Sweet and Spices (NaNo'16)
Organization: Pastelle Studios, Classical Projects

#4 Post by YzzaPizzaIsCheezy »

Your project looks cute!

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#5 Post by MimirollCookie »

The logo is very eye-catching.
The plot made my cry! Really like it! :D
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#6 Post by Zelan »

Question: are there choices and distinct endings or is it linear?

Phantom-chan
Regular

#7 Post by Phantom-chan »

Zelan wrote:Question: are there choices and distinct endings or is it linear?
Sorry for taking so long to have noticed you question, Zelan! >///<;

To answer you question(s) there will be choices, but do not confuse this with routes. They will have an impact on the endings, which will change what ending the reader get's to see. In a way it is linear but at the same time not.

Phantom-chan
Regular

#8 Post by Phantom-chan »

Quick Update:

Chapters Complete: 9
Coding: 15%
Art: 3%

I finally got chapter 9 done. Yay! School will be over soon... School will be over soon... School will be over soon... Until then, I'm going to have to put a small stop on the project. I feel so ashamed! (TT^TT)9 But school will be over soon... School will be over soon... School will be over soon...

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Zelan »

Phantom-chan wrote:
Zelan wrote:Question: are there choices and distinct endings or is it linear?
Sorry for taking so long to have noticed you question, Zelan! >///<;

To answer you question(s) there will be choices, but do not confuse this with routes. They will have an impact on the endings, which will change what ending the reader get's to see. In a way it is linear but at the same time not.
It's fine! c: The reason I asked was because I thought that you had described it as a kinetic novel somewhere (which would be untrue since KN's have no choices), but looking back at the first post I don't see the word kinetic anywhere so never mind. cx

Phantom-chan
Regular

#10 Post by Phantom-chan »

Quick Update:

Chapters Complete: 9 (10,11)
Coding: 17%

School will be over soon... School will be over soon... School will be over soon... (TT^TT)9
Greetings and salutation, internet! My name is Phantom-chan, and this is a quick update for my visual novel. So, I've recently decided starting from chapter 11 and beyond to work on only the dialogue with some occasional description/thoughts. This way, the process will be complete faster since for me, writing the dialogue is rather easy to do even without the commentary because I can see everything happening in my head. It is at times like this that I wish I had a clone so the real me can work on the dialogue and the clone me can work on the commentary. Anyway from now on, whenever I update- there will be numbers in parentheses which will show what chapters I have completed with the DIALOGUE only.

I hope that all of you have a marvelous day. This is Phantom- signing out. :)
Attachments
Paper Airplane-Sent From Me to You (Rough Poster 1)
Paper Airplane-Sent From Me to You (Rough Poster 1)

Phantom-chan
Regular

#11 Post by Phantom-chan »

Greetings and salutation, internet! My name is Phantom-chan, and this is... Actually, this ISN'T a quick update for my visual novel. This is actually just something quick and painless to show my new poster that I have ACTUALLY finished! The first poster that is show was only half done and poorly made. I didn't do any shading or highlights, and I didn't even finish the flower bed that the two were laying on. But this one I did finish and I must say- not to be cocky- this is one of my best pictures yet. This was actually my first time coloring clouds and I'm rather glad that it turned out well! I still feel like I could make it better by fixing a few things like the hair, the reflection, make the outline of the girl ticker, and make the outline of the paper thicker to separate them and make them more noticeable. I dunno, I still have two more posters to make so if I'm not lazy, I'll fix it. :?

I hope that all of you have a marvelous day. This is Phantom- signing out. :)
Attachments
A promotional Poster featuring the two main characters
A promotional Poster featuring the two main characters

Phantom-chan
Regular

#12 Post by Phantom-chan »

Quick Update:

Chapters Complete: 9 (10,11,12,13,14,15)

What time is it? I want to know! It's not summer... yet... (TT_TT)9
Greetings and salutation, internet! My name is Phantom-chan, and this is a quick update for my visual novel. School is LITERALLY almost done, and I cant stand it! At my school, the seniors actually get to stop coming to school AN ENTIRE WEEK BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE! IT SUCKS! I want a week off, too! I have a visual novel to finish! (/TT^TT\) *Sigh* On the plus side, I'm also finished with the story...! I just have to be finished.

Phantom-chan
Regular

#13 Post by Phantom-chan »

Quick Update:

Chapters Complete: 9 (10,11,12,13,14,15,16)
Art: 4%
Music: 2%

3 WEEKS OF SCHOOL LEFT! CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH?! I don't know, I'm sorry about that.
Greeting and salutations, internet! My name is Phantom-chan and this is a little update for you. For the number of chapters, we have an estimated total amount of 22. And already, we're at 16! :D Soon the story'll be over, and hopefully soon after- the game will be done! >:3 I'm really thankful to all the people who have shown interest in the project and look forward into playing it. I hope that the story will reach all of your standards. :)
Attachments
Another version of the new poster that is in debate of being either good or bad. :)
Another version of the new poster that is in debate of being either good or bad. :)
A new poster that ended up a failure. XD
A new poster that ended up a failure. XD

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Zelan »

HALLELUJAH! *high fives* I've got about the same amount of school left.

I like both of the posters! ^_^ I actually like the "failure" one even better, but the first one is awesome, too. I like the paper airplane flying out of the book!

Phantom-chan
Regular

#15 Post by Phantom-chan »

Zelan wrote:HALLELUJAH! *high fives* I've got about the same amount of school left.

I like both of the posters! ^_^ I actually like the "failure" one even better, but the first one is awesome, too. I like the paper airplane flying out of the book!
Lol! XD Let's stay strong! I'm also really glad that you like both of the posters! :D