Beauty and the War [Dark/Epic Fantasy, Intrigue, GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

Re: War [EPIC Fantasy, GxB otome] + A Valentine Special ♥

#16 Post by Dreamgazer »

Windchimes wrote:Oh I just realized I missed Barium in my ranking list for the guys xD I updated it.
(Loved the valentine-fied descriptions for the guys btw LOL)
'
Thank you kindly! I think you can tell I had fun writing those descriptions.
Heiden wrote:SUPER EXCITED TO see how this will all play out!! :D :DDD
Hi, Heiden! Thanks for answering all the questions. I'll try my hardest to nail your dream date and meet your expectations!
Oktolio wrote:Geez, I wrote an essay, truly. I'm so sorry ;_; Even though I really restrained myself...ahh well. On a side note: If you're searching for an artist I can help with something! Just not bgs, I'm not really good with them, ahaha.
Hello, Oktolio! There's no need to apologize. I really like hearing what you think of the characters and the impressions they're making on you. If you have any other thoughts or opinions, feel free to send em' my way! There's absolutely no need to restrain yourself. :)

Also, I would definitely appreciate the help! I'll message you in a bit about it.

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#17 Post by Dreamgazer »

Hello, everyone! Just as a reminder, there are only two days left to submit your dream date. Thanks to everyone who offered to help.

I'm already working on the Valentine version. Hope y'all like lots and lots of choices. ♥

Arkhane
Regular

#18 Post by Arkhane »

Hello Dreamgazer :3

As promised here is my review

First of all, maybe it'd be easier if you could add a "big" link in you're first post saying : prologue here. :P

It took me less than 3 hours to complete the game. (So long for the 30 minutes :P )

1) Yes!
In the prologue, I really had much fun in many part of the story and so much more at the end when characters explain that the vision we had of them is a bit biaised.
I was just too much! Aside from the boys I want to know about, I'm curious about the different clans and how each of them live.
Then about the vi, where do they come from? How big is the island? Is there anything around?

2) Characters :
Onyx : Ruthless warrior, I'm wondering, if he has a soft side that we can help blooming.
Arsenik : Something's fishy with this guy. It makes me curious and want to pinpoint it. Is he two faced? or else ...
Chase : A boy fun to tease? :3
Wind : Wild and sarcastic, maybe we can help him ease a little. :P
Night : Flirteous heartbreaker. At least we can't reproach him for his lack of experience .....
Alexandrite : What a beautiful question mark men. It must be difficult to hug :P
I don't know either he is a petty boy hidding in his bother shadow or just an ill appreciated man. Maybe both...

At first I'd say Wind or Onyx. => for their dark side of course
Alexandrite => "eminence grise" or pitifull scoundrel ?
Arsenik => How much of a poison is he?
Night => Ready to go on an adventure?
Chase

3) Aside from discorvering it as soon as possible? :3
I don't really expect anything specific

I'm really glad you decided to share your heart with us. And I'm really looking forward to know the full story.

Byebye :3
And thank you again for everything

Alcor
Veteran
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
itch: cosmic-albacore

#19 Post by Alcor »

Oooh, this looks interesting! You have a distinctive art style, and those guys are really attractive. My personal favorites are probably Arsenik and Wind, because I love long-haired guys with those sorts of hairstyles. Plus, Arsenik's wings are just gorgeous.

Your Valentine's event is so sweet! I would offer to help if I didn't have so much to do already. Good luck with it, though, and I'm sure you'll make a lot of people happy :D

Bianchii
Regular

#20 Post by Bianchii »

I replied in tumblr but I'm not sure if it counted? Aw man, can't wait gfjkldsgjds

Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A
Projects: The Town Pages, Kill the Prince?! [Nano 2020]
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

#21 Post by Heiden »

I drew some fanart of Chase based on his personality in War 13th day! :D :DDD

I can't wait to meet his real character in this one!
Attachments
chase.png
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#22 Post by Dreamgazer »

Good afternoon, everyone! I've been hard at work on the Valentine special. You could say I'm wrapping it up, checking it twice, and getting your treat ready for this weekend (along with the help of two awesome people).

Thanks for answering the questions, Arkhane! You don't know happy I am you're looking forward to it.

And I really appreciate the kind words, ALCOR_etc! Hopefully, it'll make you happy, too.
Bianchii wrote:I replied in tumblr but I'm not sure if it counted? Aw man, can't wait gfjkldsgjds
Hey, Bianchii! Of course it counts. I accept answers on all my social media accounts (that's why they're there ;)). Glad to see your enthusiasm!
Heiden wrote:I drew some fanart of Chase based on his personality in War 13th day! :D :DDD

I can't wait to meet his real character in this one!
Hello, Heiden! Ahhh, I can't tell you just how much that fanart made my day. ♥ You made Chase look so cool and awesome.

I hope you'll enjoy your Valentine date with him! You'll get a glimpse of his real self there.

Also, as a special treat...

I made it while I was taking a breather from the Valentine madness. If I have the time, I'll put up more of these Valentine messages with the other boys on my Tumblr and Facebook, so do feel free to follow and like me over there.

Can't wait to show you the Valentine special! I'm having so much fun making it. Have an amazing week, everybody!

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#23 Post by Dreamgazer »

War: Valentine Edition has been released here.

Please do let me know what you think of it! Have a sweet Valentine's Day, everyone. ♥

Bianchii
Regular

Re: War [EPIC Fantasy, GxB otome] + Death Room answers!

#24 Post by Bianchii »

Wow!!! Just finished this one (before jumping into the valentine one) and I have to say: IT WAS AMAZING! I can tell you put a lot of effort into it, all of the characters are so memorable, the part where you play over and over just to reveal the truth and the setting like a campfire where
(you're made to believe)
you are a participant is just too good!! Really no bad observations to make, I thoroughly enjoyed it! I just hoped more about Dev would be revealed because if I remember correctly there's some connection to this world and him? fjdklsgf correct me if I'm wrong. As an introduction to the world is perfect. Gonna play and review the valentine special now! Great job! 5/5!!!!!!

Dreamgazer
Veteran

Re: War [EPIC Fantasy, GxB otome] + Death Room answers!

#25 Post by Dreamgazer »

Bianchii wrote:Wow!!! Just finished this one (before jumping into the valentine one) and I have to say: IT WAS AMAZING! I can tell you put a lot of effort into it, all of the characters are so memorable, the part where you play over and over just to reveal the truth and the setting like a campfire where
(you're made to believe)
you are a participant is just too good!! Really no bad observations to make, I thoroughly enjoyed it! I just hoped more about Dev would be revealed because if I remember correctly there's some connection to this world and him? fjdklsgf correct me if I'm wrong. As an introduction to the world is perfect. Gonna play and review the valentine special now! Great job! 5/5!!!!!!
Hi, Bianchii! Ahh, I'm so happy you enjoyed it! Thank you so much.

Oh, and yes, something about Dev will be revealed in War (X Playing Pieces). Just not the opening act of War: 13th Day. ;)

And I saw your review of the Valentine special! I'm always eager to receive feedback, so it was very welcome. Keep an eye out for the remake!

Baky
Regular
Tumblr: delicrieux

Re: War [EPIC Fantasy, GxB] + Death Room answers!

#26 Post by Baky »

SO hyped for this game!!! Can't wait to play!!!

Keep up the good work! Bookmarking to stalk <3
♡I write things for fun.♡

Dreamgazer
Veteran

Re: War [EPIC Fantasy, GxB] + Death Room answers!

#27 Post by Dreamgazer »

Hello, everyone! Hope everyone's been awesome.

Just a couple of quick notes: I've been working on the first act of War (X Playing Pieces). When I'm more free, I'll jot down an outline of the story structure, so everyone can see how many acts there are and everything. Other than that, I've taken note of all your suggestions of what you liked and what you want to see more of in War: Valentine Edition. Improvements are on the way!

And now, for my big announcement: my NaNoRenO project is a parody! I've edited my post with information on it, but basically, my cast of War (X Playing Pieces) will be doing parodies. Because hey, April's Fool Day is just after NanoRenO, isn't it?

So, is there a particular series you want to see spoofed? Tell me now.

It's going to be quick, fast, and for laughs. The deadline for requests is March 7. I do want to say there's no guarantee I'll be able to fit it in, but I will keep it in mind as I'm hammering out the script like mad. For best results, give me a list to choose from. If you have any questions, just ask.
Baky wrote:SO hyped for this game!!! Can't wait to play!!!

Keep up the good work! Bookmarking to stalk <3
Hi, Baky! Aww, thank you so much for your support. I'm happy to hear you're excited.

Arkhane
Regular

Re: War [EPIC Fantasy, GxB]

#28 Post by Arkhane »

Hello Dg :3

I liked the part2 of The Vi Boys Play (P)lanets – Part 2 better than part 1, it was so much more funnier.
I especially liked the conversation with the : "should I catch him or not", The final No of Onyx :3

Ladythief1997
Regular
Projects: Unnamed PJ
Tumblr: genderbender1lover
Deviantart: genderbender-lover
Soundcloud: Breaking~Point
itch: Ladythief1997
Discord: tenshuz

#29 Post by Ladythief1997 »

Oooooh.....So your not actually done making this yet then, right? Man, that sucks. I played the valentine game and just downloaded 13thday I'm soooooo pumped for this game like on the real. I might turn into a fangirl for it and this would be the first. I love it! Hopin for it to finish soon!

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#30 Post by Dreamgazer »

Arkhane wrote:Hello Dg :3

I liked the part2 of The Vi Boys Play (P)lanets – Part 2 better than part 1, it was so much more funnier.
I especially liked the conversation with the : "should I catch him or not", The final No of Onyx :3

Hi, Arkhane! Glad you enjoyed it. I'm always curious to know what people make of it, so your opinions are very welcome.
Ladythief1997 wrote:Oooooh.....So your not actually done making this yet then, right? Man, that sucks. I played the valentine game and just downloaded 13thday I'm soooooo pumped for this game like on the real. I might turn into a fangirl for it and this would be the first. I love it! Hopin for it to finish soon!
Hello, Ladythief1997! I'll be back to work on this once March (and NaNoRenO) is over. I'll try my best to finish it as soon as possible, but I do have something big planned that I want to give some extra time polishing. Either way, I'm glad you're excited for it! Feel free to let me know what you think of War: 13th Day on its thread after playing it. :)

Enjoy. ♥