mirroreD≒dREAMS ~Alternate~ [GxB] [Romance, Fantasy, Otome]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Monochrome.Cherry
Regular
Projects: mirroreD≒dREAMS ~Alternate~, NOTES
Tumblr: magicalstarrycarnival
Deviantart: silky-starry-heart
itch: MonochromeCherry

Re: mirroreD≒dREAMS ~Alternate~ [GxB] [Romance, Fantasy, Oto

#16 Post by Monochrome.Cherry »

Updated the title! I added the "Alternate" that it was supposed to have and I like this design better than the old one I had.

Also, here's a promo pic of Yuuki.~
Image Image

Noyemi K
Regular
Completed: Pimiko Plus
Projects: Pairs, Monochrome Blues
Organization: Delmunsoft
Deviantart: NoyemiK
Github: NoyemiK
Soundcloud: mishkahd

#17 Post by Noyemi K »

I finished the OST for this not too long ago, so to anybody who also liked the music in Locked Souls - you'll like it here as well!
Music composer for:
Innate Imperfections [NaNoRenO 2015] | Blind Griffin [NaNoRenO 2015] | Locked Souls

Please consider hiring me to work on your game.

Monochrome.Cherry
Regular

#18 Post by Monochrome.Cherry »

I haven't posted in a while, but I'm still progressing on the game! I've been updating the art, so that's why updates have been taking so long ;w;

But I would really want you guys' honest opinion on the art since I'm trying hard to improve it, is this new style better in your opinion or not?

I felt the old art style was a bit...lacking so hopefully I managed to improve it if just a bit? I'd be grateful for any feedback on it! :D
Image Image

Noyemi K
Regular
Completed: Pimiko Plus
Projects: Pairs, Monochrome Blues
Organization: Delmunsoft
Deviantart: NoyemiK
Github: NoyemiK
Soundcloud: mishkahd

#19 Post by Noyemi K »

The new style reminds me just a bit of the recent Fire Emblem games!
Music composer for:
Innate Imperfections [NaNoRenO 2015] | Blind Griffin [NaNoRenO 2015] | Locked Souls

Please consider hiring me to work on your game.

robovelociraptor
Regular
Deviantart: robovelociraptor

#20 Post by robovelociraptor »

I like the new style a lot more! It looks more mature (Noyemi is right, it does remind me of Fire Emblem. O.O) and I think the shading and linework are better, as is the "facial anatomy." ^^

There was one minor thing I noticed, though, I think his neck is slanted too far to the left.
sakda;sld.png
sakda;sld.png (123.24 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Maybe something like this would be better?

Anyhow, I think you've improved quite a bit, keep it up! :mrgreen:

Monochrome.Cherry
Regular

#21 Post by Monochrome.Cherry »

Noyemi K wrote:The new style reminds me just a bit of the recent Fire Emblem games!
Thank you so much Noyemi! Although I wasn't consciously trying to go for that style, it makes me happy that it reminds you of it since I am a huge fan of the recent games and its art style is just super gorgeous! :mrgreen:
robovelociraptor wrote:I like the new style a lot more! It looks more mature (Noyemi is right, it does remind me of Fire Emblem. O.O) and I think the shading and linework are better, as is the "facial anatomy." ^^

There was one minor thing I noticed, though, I think his neck is slanted too far to the left.
sakda;sld.png
Maybe something like this would be better?

Anyhow, I think you've improved quite a bit, keep it up! :mrgreen:
Thank you very much! (Hehe, I'm super honored it reminds you guys of the FE style since I really love FE's art style!) I'm so grateful for your words, and it makes me happy to hear that it looks better than before since I was trying to go for a more mature and a "more fit for otome game" style, so thank you again!

And I can't thank you enough for pointing out the neck! I was trying so hard to figure out what exactly looked wrong but now that you pointed it out, it made sense! So thank you so much again, since because of your help, I've started to improve the way I draw necks! :D
Image Image

Ameretsu
Deviantart: Bartlett-Nobel

#22 Post by Ameretsu »

What do you think about the story?

The story sounds interesting, definitely attention grabbing, but I'm excited to see more of it.

Is the art appealing to you?

Honestly the art surpassed what I'd hoped for. I'd only seen some fan art I mistook for actual CGs that lead me here and I'm pleasantly surprised by the high quality :)

Which characters interest you the most and why?

Sakura Hideaki!

Is it bad to say I like his character the most because he seems like the type you could tease? I'll admit I'm a terrible person ^^; but I've a bad habit of seeing cute guys like that and wanting to push them down ^/////^ But he's fragile, so maybe just stick with teasing ;3

Do you like the idea of two nameable characters?

I do like the idea, so long as there is a reason for it, if its to create some kind of relationship with them, by giving them a familiar name and subtly forming a bond in doing so. (Since most people would see similar looking characters and think of their own sister or think of a friend or even in my case someone you don't get along with). I don't like the idea if its just for fun, it seems a little.. eh, gimmicky? Thats not quite the right word but I'm unsure of a better one.

Do you find the idea of a game that has 3+ parts okay?

I love the idea that it has multiple parts. I think it may be more difficult to keep it cohesive if its broken up if you aren't careful, but done right I think it could be fantastic. Maybe TellTale games and Dont Take This Risk (Thats right blanket guy, I see you there!) have broken me gently into that particular way of gaming but I don't find it nearly as frustrating as I used to.