mad hatter. [GxB/G] [Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
cookie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:11 pm
Contact:

mad hatter. [GxB/G] [Fantasy]

#1 Post by cookie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:45 am

Deleted
Last edited by cookie on Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:23 am, edited 9 times in total.

User avatar
yetibutts
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:08 am
Contact:

Re: mad hatter. [GxB/G] [Fantasy]

#2 Post by yetibutts » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:39 pm

1. I love the art!! *_* The bold colors/contrast looks really cool, and it was the first thing that drew me in. There are a lot of games with the Alice in Wonderland theme, but I think the twist with "Alice" waking up in a world of nightmares sounds pretty interesting. It reminds me of Alice: Madness Returns, which is one of my favorite games, haha.

2. I think the characters sound pretty interesting! I'd love to learn more about Melanie (Queen of Hearts?), Jack, and Lily (I'm a sucker for cute characters).

3. Yes! Partially because I love dark twists in stories, but I think that trying to navigate your way out of the twisted wonderland (if you even can) and hitting route endings where you could potentially die would be interesting.

4. Good luck! You can do this!! I think you have a great idea and this looks like a fantastic project.

mysticichigo
Regular
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:53 pm
Contact:

Re: mad hatter. [GxB/G] [Fantasy]

#3 Post by mysticichigo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:28 pm

1. What are your thought of everything? (art, story, presentation...)

Well, for one thing, I love your art. For another, I love anything pertaining to Alice in Wonderland, and this sounds like a majorly new spin on the story. I'd really like to see where this goes from here.

2. What do you think of the characters?

The prince, Dana, Melanie, and Jack all seem very interesting. I feel like their stories have a lot of potential and could take some interesting turns. As for the others, there's not really much for me to go off of with them. I'd probably need to know more about their personalities to be able to form much of an opinion about them, since it feels like I mostly just know their roles within the stories and little else.

3. You are interested in the story? why?

As I mentioned, anything Alice is a major 'win' for me. I also really like stories where someone takes a supposed 'classic' - especially if it's a children's story- and makes it a lot darker. Bonus points if sci-fi elements get thrown in as well, because what could be more perfect than a dystopian cyborg Cinderella or something like that? (And before somebody mentions the Lunar Chronicles being built off of exactly that premise, that's what I'm referring to. :wink: )

Since it sounds like this game is going to include aspects of all of those things, I am certainly looking forward to it.

4. Any tips? It's my first VN and I'm afraid of losing my mind.

I've never made one of these before, so I can't help you there. I'm a very enthusiastic supporter of OEVN projects, though, so I can be your pep squad if you need one!

User avatar
Shinoki
Veteran
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:12 pm
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki
Contact:

Re: mad hatter. [GxB/G] [Fantasy]

#4 Post by Shinoki » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:37 pm

1. What are your thought of everything? (art, story, presentation...)

It seems interesting. I generally can't say much when simply looking at summaries of what to come, but it seems interesting--as in, good interesting. I like the idea of focusing on the Mad Hatter rather than the typical Alice character. The art is quite nice as well.

2. What do you think of the characters?

As a yuri girl, I'm the type who really only plays otome games for the female routes... so I'll talk about what I think about the girls 'cause they're who I focus on.

Melanie is the one who I feel like I would definitely be most interested in chasing after, and she has this classic cool aura of aloof-ness with some hurt and pain locked up feeling going on.

However, Lily seems the most mysterious. She might be shy, but her position is interesting--the only candy shop? Loves everyone? That type of thing makes me overthink it (plus, I'm a cynic who doesn't believe in loving everyone lol)

Just a random thing that's also a plus: they're not all high school kids, though they're still pretty young.

3. You are interested in the story? why?

It's an Alice in Wonderland type of thing, but it seems rather dark (not that there aren't such out there already)--but the biggest thing is the Mad Hatter topic that seems to be important in this story.

4. Any tips? It's my first VN and I'm afraid of losing my mind.

I don't have any real tips. Maybe keep organized and set checkpoints for yourself, at which if you do accomplish the work you want to get done, also reward yourself. *salutes*

User avatar
cookie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:11 pm
Contact:

Re: mad hatter. [GxB/G] [Fantasy]

#5 Post by cookie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:57 pm

yetibutts wrote:1. I love the art!! *_* The bold colors/contrast looks really cool, and it was the first thing that drew me in. There are a lot of games with the Alice in Wonderland theme, but I think the twist with "Alice" waking up in a world of nightmares sounds pretty interesting. It reminds me of Alice: Madness Returns, which is one of my favorite games, haha.

2. I think the characters sound pretty interesting! I'd love to learn more about Melanie (Queen of Hearts?), Jack, and Lily (I'm a sucker for cute characters).

3. Yes! Partially because I love dark twists in stories, but I think that trying to navigate your way out of the twisted wonderland (if you even can) and hitting route endings where you could potentially die would be interesting.

4. Good luck! You can do this!! I think you have a great idea and this looks like a fantastic project.
owo thank you so much! I know, like I was listening to a song called Mad Hatter and I just had this idea. I know that the Alice in Wonderland is like a cliche, but this is not like that, like there is so much things inspired in it but not everything. And yes, Melanie is one of the things inspired in Alice in wonderland!! it's great that you notice it!
I want to be this a loooooong VN, so yeah, I think in many endings and routes and, yeah, many opportunities to die.
Thanks for your comments! ^-^
mysticichigo wrote:1. What are your thought of everything? (art, story, presentation...)

Well, for one thing, I love your art. For another, I love anything pertaining to Alice in Wonderland, and this sounds like a majorly new spin on the story. I'd really like to see where this goes from here.

2. What do you think of the characters?

The prince, Dana, Melanie, and Jack all seem very interesting. I feel like their stories have a lot of potential and could take some interesting turns. As for the others, there's not really much for me to go off of with them. I'd probably need to know more about their personalities to be able to form much of an opinion about them, since it feels like I mostly just know their roles within the stories and little else.

3. You are interested in the story? why?

As I mentioned, anything Alice is a major 'win' for me. I also really like stories where someone takes a supposed 'classic' - especially if it's a children's story- and makes it a lot darker. Bonus points if sci-fi elements get thrown in as well, because what could be more perfect than a dystopian cyborg Cinderella or something like that? (And before somebody mentions the Lunar Chronicles being built off of exactly that premise, that's what I'm referring to. :wink: )

Since it sounds like this game is going to include aspects of all of those things, I am certainly looking forward to it.

4. Any tips? It's my first VN and I'm afraid of losing my mind.

I've never made one of these before, so I can't help you there. I'm a very enthusiastic supporter of OEVN projects, though, so I can be your pep squad if you need one!
Thanks, the artist is amazing, I know, since I saw these sprites I was like 'OMG'. All the characters are important for the story, I just put some details but not everything, there are so many things about everyone. I'm glad that you are interested in the characters; just saying but Jack is my favorite e.é Yeah, you don't have a idea of all the story... Like, I planned it for months and I stayed awake until 5 a.m. So it's amazing having people who supports you. Thank you! owo
Shinoki wrote:1. What are your thought of everything? (art, story, presentation...)

It seems interesting. I generally can't say much when simply looking at summaries of what to come, but it seems interesting--as in, good interesting. I like the idea of focusing on the Mad Hatter rather than the typical Alice character. The art is quite nice as well.

2. What do you think of the characters?

As a yuri girl, I'm the type who really only plays otome games for the female routes... so I'll talk about what I think about the girls 'cause they're who I focus on.

Melanie is the one who I feel like I would definitely be most interested in chasing after, and she has this classic cool aura of aloof-ness with some hurt and pain locked up feeling going on.

However, Lily seems the most mysterious. She might be shy, but her position is interesting--the only candy shop? Loves everyone? That type of thing makes me overthink it (plus, I'm a cynic who doesn't believe in loving everyone lol)

Just a random thing that's also a plus: they're not all high school kids, though they're still pretty young.

3. You are interested in the story? why?

It's an Alice in Wonderland type of thing, but it seems rather dark (not that there aren't such out there already)--but the biggest thing is the Mad Hatter topic that seems to be important in this story.

4. Any tips? It's my first VN and I'm afraid of losing my mind.

I don't have any real tips. Maybe keep organized and set checkpoints for yourself, at which if you do accomplish the work you want to get done, also reward yourself. *salutes*
Yeah, I love Lily so much, you don't have a idea. There is no high school kids since the life expectancy is pretty low, so the 'kids' must take care of themselves. It's pretty difficult to explain, it will be more clear in the VN.
Thank you so much!!
Image
x

User avatar
Alcor
Veteran
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:14 pm
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
Organization: CosmicAlbacore
itch: cosmic-albacore
Contact:

Re: mad hatter. [GxB/G] [Fantasy]

#6 Post by Alcor » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:40 pm

1. What are your thoughts of everything? (art, story, presentation...)

Wow, the art is so pretty! I'm loving the way that everyone is drawn, because I think it really tells me something about their personality. Also I'm drawn to (well-done) Alice-inspired stories, and I'm looking forward to how you're making your own variation of the story. The synopsis (the italicized text!) is well-written and piques my interest.

2. What do you think of the characters?

I'm loving the designs! My favorite is Jack (probably because silver/white-haired boys are my greatest weakness, and long-haired boys are another of my weaknesses, and Jack is both), though Daniel comes in at a fairly close second. Looking forward to learning more about the entire cast!

3. You are interested in the story? why?


Yup, I'm interested! As I mentioned, I'm drawn to Alice-inspired stories! I'm curious to see what kind of twist you're adding to the story--so far it sounds fairly dark, which I really appreciate, and I hope the plot is as intense as it sounds like it will be.

4. Any tips? It's my first VN and I'm afraid of losing my mind.

Don't worry, I feel ya! I'm also working on my first actual VN. I would say to just take what assets you have and keep running with it, and don't overly fuss about the little things (minor details you want fixed on sprites/backgrounds/CGs, looping music, etc.) until after you have the main project hammered out--the little things can be fixed later. Also, beware of feature creep! Don't just keep adding new things--set a limit for yourself or it might never get finished (i.e. what happened to all my previous VN project ideas--they became way too ambitious).

Also please feel free to send me a PM or anything if you ever want to talk! I'm not a Ren'Py veteran by any means, but I might be able to help a bit. (I am honestly considering applying to help with the GUI for your project, I just don't know if it's something I can actually do at this point in time ^_^;)

Best of luck, and I'll be eagerly following this project!

User avatar
cookie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:11 pm
Contact:

Re: mad hatter. [GxB/G] [Fantasy]

#7 Post by cookie » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:38 pm

ALCOR_etc wrote:1. What are your thoughts of everything? (art, story, presentation...)

Wow, the art is so pretty! I'm loving the way that everyone is drawn, because I think it really tells me something about their personality. Also I'm drawn to (well-done) Alice-inspired stories, and I'm looking forward to how you're making your own variation of the story. The synopsis (the italicized text!) is well-written and piques my interest.

2. What do you think of the characters?

I'm loving the designs! My favorite is Jack (probably because silver/white-haired boys are my greatest weakness, and long-haired boys are another of my weaknesses, and Jack is both), though Daniel comes in at a fairly close second. Looking forward to learning more about the entire cast!

3. You are interested in the story? why?


Yup, I'm interested! As I mentioned, I'm drawn to Alice-inspired stories! I'm curious to see what kind of twist you're adding to the story--so far it sounds fairly dark, which I really appreciate, and I hope the plot is as intense as it sounds like it will be.

4. Any tips? It's my first VN and I'm afraid of losing my mind.

Don't worry, I feel ya! I'm also working on my first actual VN. I would say to just take what assets you have and keep running with it, and don't overly fuss about the little things (minor details you want fixed on sprites/backgrounds/CGs, looping music, etc.) until after you have the main project hammered out--the little things can be fixed later. Also, beware of feature creep! Don't just keep adding new things--set a limit for yourself or it might never get finished (i.e. what happened to all my previous VN project ideas--they became way too ambitious).

Also please feel free to send me a PM or anything if you ever want to talk! I'm not a Ren'Py veteran by any means, but I might be able to help a bit. (I am honestly considering applying to help with the GUI for your project, I just don't know if it's something I can actually do at this point in time ^_^;)

Best of luck, and I'll be eagerly following this project!
I think all the characters are important, but I must confess that I have my favorites ^-^ And I'm happy that you are interested in one of them.
Thanks for your comments! and good luck in your project as well! I know because I had many projects before and I canceled all of them because I was stressed. And I'm working hard in this VN. I was thinking about doing a GUI by myself, y'know? but I don't think that will be possible... It will amazing if you help me, really! but if you don't have the time don't worry! And thanks for offering your help! I'm really glad owo
Image
x

User avatar
Alcor
Veteran
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:14 pm
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNo '16), misSHAPEn love! (NaNo '16)
Projects: a(t)rium
Organization: CosmicAlbacore
itch: cosmic-albacore
Contact:

Re: mad hatter. [GxB/G] [Fantasy]

#8 Post by Alcor » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:24 am

cookie wrote:I think all the characters are important, but I must confess that I have my favorites ^-^ And I'm happy that you are interested in one of them.
Thanks for your comments! and good luck in your project as well! I know because I had many projects before and I canceled all of them because I was stressed. And I'm working hard in this VN. I was thinking about doing a GUI by myself, y'know? but I don't think that will be possible... It will amazing if you help me, really! but if you don't have the time don't worry! And thanks for offering your help! I'm really glad owo
Haha, I see! If you think that a GUI design might be fun to do, I'd recommend giving it a try! Personally, I didn't think I would enjoy GUI design until I actually tried it for myself, and now it's something I really enjoy :D

My GUI experience is fairly limited and so far I've only done simple-ish things (see my project thread, for example >_<;), but I'll shoot you a PM and see if I can help. Cheers!

User avatar
cookie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:11 pm
Contact:

Re: mad hatter. [GxB/G] [Fantasy]

#9 Post by cookie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:07 am

Deleted
Last edited by cookie on Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cookie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:11 pm
Contact:

Re: mad hatter. [GxB/G] [Fantasy]

#10 Post by cookie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:19 am

Deleted

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users