Sacred Sand [Remake] [BxB] [Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
cucumber

Re: Sacred Sand [Remake] [BxB] [Fantasy]

#16 Post by cucumber »

Woah, you're giving it a makeover!? Look forward to it.
But Rhael is always going to be my no1 heart.

shadowkazaki
Regular
Projects: Descendant of the Moon

#17 Post by shadowkazaki »

Can't wait to see what you do with this! Good luck! ^^

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

#18 Post by SilverHyena »

So wow. I haven't updated this thread in forever. It'd be reasonable to think I dropped off the face of the earth.

I didn't though and, believe it or not, I have been slowly working on this between all of my other obligations. I'm in the process of redoing the art (again) but that shouldn't take me nearly as long as going through the script and adding a bunch of stuff did.

That's right! I said did! I've finished messing with the script! It's a little over 60,000 words now (compared to the original's 35,000+ words) and has 35 endings (the original had 21). I changed quite a bit of it around which might make people who loved the original a bit nervous, but I think all the changes are for the better. It should clear up some things that didn't really make any sense in the original. Hopefully anyway.

I think I should have the game done by the end of the year. (Maybe earlier than that, but let's not get ahead of ourselves)

In non script related news, I'm attaching the new sprites I have for Noi and Learah:
Noi_new.png
learah.png

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

#19 Post by Red-Baby »

You're redoing sacred sand!?!?!
I loved the first game. I played it so many times since the story was easy to follow and was interesting.
The new art looks awesome!
Will you be changing the textbox/gui so that there's a quickmenu?

Generic Timeline

#20 Post by Generic Timeline »

Woo, I'm ecstatic to hear this! I've been off Lemmasoft for a while and this is such a pleasant surprise to come back to. Happy to hear about the new word count, and the new sprites look absolutely brilliant. So pumped for this!

ladynamoru
Regular
Deviantart: ladynamoru

#21 Post by ladynamoru »

As a person who played and enjoyed the Original Sacred Sand a remake sounds great.

And I want to thank you for doing a good job to the original.
Despite what you said with the original, it is still a good game and has a great story.
( Im not picky with art and typos as long as the overall story is good)

Question:
Could there be new capturable characters on the remake or secret characters?
Any estimate time it will be done? ( coz I dont mind waiting for a good game such as this.)

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

#22 Post by SilverHyena »

So... Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, but that December release date I was shooting for turned out to be optimistic. Between drawing Christmas gifts and getting sick at the end of November, not a lot happened. That being said, it's definitely happening sometime this upcoming year. (I'm thinking February, but I should probably learn my lesson and not specify an actual month)

For now, have a Noi CG to tide you over:
Noi_Lute.png
And now, for my very late replies:

@red-baby: I sure am! It's kind of old now and I've learned a lot about Ren'py since those days so I figured it was time. As for a quick menu... That's built into Ren'py now and I have no plans to take it out so there will be one! :D

@Generic Timeline: Thank you for being so pumped! I hope waiting a bit longer isn't too much of a buzzkill. (I am forever slow at everything)

@ladynamoru: I'm still pretty proud of the first one, despite its pretty glaring flaws. I'm glad everyone has embraced it so much. As for new capturable characters, there is one new one: Noi. He'll be the only new one since adding characters, as it turns out, is a challenge, but the more minor characters are also fleshed out more. As for a timeline... Well, I botched the December release I wanted, but maybe February. If it doesn't come out by the end of next year, something went terribly wrong. :P