Doki Doki Dollmaker [BL][Romance][Comedy][Slice of Life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Konoi
Regular
Deviantart: Kurozora-Konoi

Re: Doki Doki Dollmaker [BL][Romance][Slice of Life]

#16 Post by Konoi »

This game looks so awesome wow! I'm happy to see a BL counterpart to Nameless, too! Doll romances are always cool (dolls are one of my weaknesses haha)
The art is gorgeous and the character designs are soo cool! I don't know who I like the most physically speaking, but I think my favorite character so far is Torin! Though I don't know if I'd like to do his route first, or leave it and do it last, since I'm pretty sure he'll stay my favorite!

In any case, good luck with finishing the game! I'll be looking forward for it!

CosmicFan

#17 Post by CosmicFan »

The game looks wonderful. I'll be waiting impatiently for the release date.

DokiDokiDollmaker
Regular
Projects: Doki Doki Dollmaker
Tumblr: dokidokidollmaker

#18 Post by DokiDokiDollmaker »

Konoi wrote:This game looks so awesome wow! I'm happy to see a BL counterpart to Nameless, too! Doll romances are always cool (dolls are one of my weaknesses haha)
The art is gorgeous and the character designs are soo cool! I don't know who I like the most physically speaking, but I think my favorite character so far is Torin! Though I don't know if I'd like to do his route first, or leave it and do it last, since I'm pretty sure he'll stay my favorite!

In any case, good luck with finishing the game! I'll be looking forward for it!
Sorry for the late reply! I didn't receive an notification for some reason... :?

Thank you for your kind words! I haven't had the opportunity to play Nameless yet, but it is DEFINITELY on my list! I find that I don't have much time to play visual novels when I am making my own, haha.

Yes, my artist Deji is a miracle-worker! She really made my character designs come to life! She is incredibly talented and I'm lucky to be working with her on this project~ <3

I'm not supposed to pick favorites, but I'm a little biased toward Torin myself...
Don't worry though - the other story paths won't suffer because of it! I do love them all so much and am so obsessed with keeping things fair that I even make sure the WORD COUNT on each path remains consistent.

To be honest, I recommend going for your favorite from the get-go because the surprises will be more impactful the first time around! Anyway, thank you so much for your support. Please tell your friends about the project and be sure to follow DDD on Tumblr for detailed updates!
CosmicFan wrote:The game looks wonderful. I'll be waiting impatiently for the release date.
Thank you very much! I'm waiting impatiently for the release date too - ha!
Last edited by DokiDokiDollmaker on Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

#19 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Ooh, the artwork is really beautiful! Good luck on this project! :)
ImageImageImageImage

DokiDokiDollmaker
Regular

Re: Doki Doki Dollmaker [BL][Romance][Comedy][Slice of Life]

#20 Post by DokiDokiDollmaker »

Updated the main post with new info and assets! Kickstarter to launch in Q1 of 2021! :D

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#21 Post by Morhighan »

Looking forward to it, best of luck once the KS starts up!

DokiDokiDollmaker
Regular

#22 Post by DokiDokiDollmaker »

LeonDaydreamer wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:45 am Ooh, the artwork is really beautiful! Good luck on this project! :)
Thank you very much! Yes, Dejinyucu is amazing - the project just wouldn’t be the same without her!
Morhighan wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:47 am Looking forward to it, best of luck once the KS starts up!
Glad to hear it - thank you so much!

Kickstarter and demo both launch on March 16th, 2021!

Noire
Regular
Projects: Mirage Noir

#23 Post by Noire »

This looks absolutely superb! I cant wait to see the final game :)

DokiDokiDollmaker
Regular

#24 Post by DokiDokiDollmaker »

Noire wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:44 pm This looks absolutely superb! I cant wait to see the final game :)
Thank you so much! We’ve been working very hard on it. 💗

Only 2 weeks to go!

A note on the Kickstarter review/approval process:

Everything’s ready except for the promo video, which is currently in-progress. I know I can upload the video after the fact, but as a first-time creator on Kickstarter, having a video ready upon submission is crucial; it is often a determining factor for auto-approvals.

The video will be finished this Friday. I’ll implement/test it over the weekend and will submit the campaign for review by Monday, March 8th at the absolute latest. This will give the project 6 business days for approval, which covers the recommended 3 for standard approvals, plus an additional 3 for revisions, if required. I’ve always been transparent with the project’s status, so I wanted to share this info with you juuust in case. 😉

More info on the development blog here: https://dokidokidollmaker.tumblr.com/

DokiDokiDollmaker
Regular

#25 Post by DokiDokiDollmaker »

Only 5 days until the Kickstarter and Demo launch!

Doki Doki Dollmaker has been officially approved on Kickstarter! No revisions were needed, so we’re ready to launch as-scheduled on March 16th at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific. That’s 5:00pm if you’re in Central. 👍

If you like colorful characters, wholesome moments, and slow burn romance, this is the visual novel for you. 💗 Thanks for checking it out!

DokiDokiDollmaker
Regular

#26 Post by DokiDokiDollmaker »

The Kickstarter pre-launch page is now available! Click the green “Notify me on launch” button for a reminder when it goes live on March 16th! Demo launches simultaneously. ☺️

Pre-launch page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ka ... sual-novel

Only three days to go!

DokiDokiDollmaker
Regular

#27 Post by DokiDokiDollmaker »

caibanh

Re: Doki Doki Dollmaker [BL][Otome][Romance][Slice of Life]

#28 Post by caibanh »

runeraccoon wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:58 am
I'll just take the liberty to answer this -shot- An Otome is basically a game that's directed at girls. It doesn't neccessarily mean the main character has to be a girl XD So in a sense, BL games count as well.
Thanks for the clarification, can't believe I'm still mistaken of that in this age(?) XD
No, I belive you understand it right. Both Otome and BL are Josei Mukei aka "Aimed at women", here the explain image for simple:
The detail in this post.

========================
Which doll would you like to pursue a romantic relationship with?
At first, not any of the doll interest me (the one charmed me the most actually Lyle and Cole LOL). After finished the demo, I would said I interested in Ellery and Kahvel (Kah kinda has the school president vibe xD).

DokiDokiDollmaker
Regular

#29 Post by DokiDokiDollmaker »

@caibanh

Yes, I removed [Otome] from the thread title to avoid potential confusion. I didn’t want to mislead people or their expectations of the project’s genre/content. 😊

Also, thank you for playing the demo! Lyle is my favorite too, hehe. I’m happy to hear that he is a likable main character. 💗 Your interest in Ellery and Kahvel after playing the demo brings me so much joy! They have been low on the popularity polls and I had a feeling some people would fall for them after getting to interact with them a bit. Thank you for sharing that. 😊

DokiDokiDollmaker
Regular

#30 Post by DokiDokiDollmaker »

Doki Doki Dollmaker is over 50% funded on Kickstarter!

We’ve raised roughly $4,000 in 8 days and have 22 days to go before campaign completion. Thank you for supporting the project with your pledges and/or shares! 🧵

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ka ... sual-novel

Backers can expect an update on Kickstarter later today. 👍