★ RockRobin [GxB][Band Management][Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
try10
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: ★ RockRobin [GxB][Band Management][Demo]

#16 Post by try10 »

So glad that everything is working so well. Thank you very much for the update! :D

pandamyc
Tumblr: Pandamyc
Deviantart: Pandamyc
Soundcloud: Pandamyc

#17 Post by pandamyc »

Oh wow! I didn't even know it went under hiatus. I remember playing this game so long ago, and I finally hear of it's whereabouts. This game had such a wonderful impression on me back then, and it still does. I can't wait for the final product.

selenity136
Regular

#18 Post by selenity136 »

So excited that 4 of the open mode characters have been completed! What OM characters are there left to write?

Also, I'm not seeing it on the pictures, but where would the relationship bar be located?

*squeals* Ahhh I'm so excited for this to come out! I know I won't be sleeping well on 3/31.

CatyCats
Regular

#19 Post by CatyCats »

You really make an effort in this game and with that I mean that you really make it big. The art is awesome, not too big eyed anime like (like in other otome games), the story itself is very nice and detailed, the open story mode is very big with lots of choices, things, options,... which we all like! It's weird I never heard of this project before (6years ago).. Cute chibi's too I see :p
I really love the demo! And you are really doing a very good job at making the game! I can see that. Just make sure you rest too!

Oh my bandname is StarBeat (in game I mean). I just like the sound of that :p
I wish you good luck!

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#20 Post by Aleema »

selenity136 wrote:So excited that 4 of the open mode characters have been completed! What OM characters are there left to write?

Also, I'm not seeing it on the pictures, but where would the relationship bar be located?

*squeals* Ahhh I'm so excited for this to come out! I know I won't be sleeping well on 3/31.
Joel is currently being written by Alphonse. I need to finish Seth, Natasha, Bruno and fix up Jammy & Claudette. It's going slower than I thought, while working full time. :(

The relationship bar will be in the upper right hand corner.
CatyCats wrote:You really make an effort in this game and with that I mean that you really make it big. The art is awesome, not too big eyed anime like (like in other otome games), the story itself is very nice and detailed, the open story mode is very big with lots of choices, things, options,... which we all like! It's weird I never heard of this project before (6years ago).. Cute chibi's too I see :p
I really love the demo! And you are really doing a very good job at making the game! I can see that. Just make sure you rest too!

Oh my bandname is StarBeat (in game I mean). I just like the sound of that :p
I wish you good luck!
Thanks for playing the demo, Caty! I do like the smaller-eyed anime style. Thanks for telling me about your band. :) I love hearing about that stuff.

In other news ... Working on Wizz right now. I wonder if I should tone him down. He might be too much of a douche. :mrgreen:

Unicorn_Magic
Regular

#21 Post by Unicorn_Magic »

Oooo this sounds interesting, its otome AND music related, just perfect! First thing that drew me to this project though, is the 'band management' feature since I've always wanted to be in a band :mrgreen: Anyways, I'm gonna play the demo in a few, I'm sure it'll be as good as I imagine, maybe even better. Lastly I'd like to say all the best for the project, looking forward to the complete version eagerly! *clapping hands while jumping in delight* :lol:

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#22 Post by Aleema »

We've nailed down a release schedule.

On April 2nd I will post the open beta with a focus on Story Mode and general game mechanics. The next week I will start releasing the characters in Open Mode (main story + 1 romance character + 1 non-romance character). We'll release 2 non-romance characters or 1 romance character every Friday until we're all out of characters! The game is set to be 100% complete on June 10th. This will include all open mode character solo plots, extended Dallas, Beau, & Emmitt romances (an additional arc for each that happens after story mode), combo scenes (certain Open Mode chars may become friends or hook up!) and jealousy/break up scenes.

If the "Update" function on the main menu works well enough, you won't need to re-download the game very week to get the new content. :)

There's a lot of features I wanted to add and things I want to change. I'm sure many devs feel the same way, because there's just a point where you have to say "ship it." I'll keep working on the game over beta, of course. I still need to make the game widescreen, if only for the sake of phones and Let's Plays. Not many people had a problem with the resolution while playing on PC.

Somewhere in those updates, Xander (romancable) will become available for those with the "premium content" code - which I will give to everyone who tests the game or creates fanwork. Just a way to say Thank You!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by try10 »

YAY! This makes me so happy! :D Rock Robin is one of the games I really, really want to play! I'm counting the days until everything will be released! Thank you for the update and for your hard work! :)

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#24 Post by Starling »

Open Beta is now available for wide-download! Go to http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 45&t=37968 if you want to download it :D!

As mentioned before, we'll be doing a release schedule after this for all the Open Mode related storylines every week from now on, until we've released them all. A week after the final update we'll release the official, non-beta version of the game.

Thank you for everyone's support from not just this time around, WiP thread-wise, but also from our original thread so long ago and all of those who supported us from the shadows waiting for this game to finally be finished. We love you all <3 Please enjoy the game.
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#25 Post by AsHLeX »

Leaving a review of the open-beta version because I think more people need to see this hidden gem, even if it's like... so many years later lol. Spoilers ensue.
First off, I have to say. I have never hated a main character as much as I hated Robin. She's manipulative, breaks stuff when things don't go her way, and is toxic to her teammates and (ex-)lovers. That being said, she is crafted beautifully, has so much character, and I can understand why she acts the way she does.

This visual novel really should be rated mature and I mean it in a good way. Not because of the (non-explicit) sex scenes, but because the themes that it tackles are so raw and so real. Domestic violence, abortions, sexual abuse, anxiety, the emotional rollercoaster of sex and love, the difficulties of parenting... Heads off to the writers because you guys did a darn good job. The characters a three-dimensional and did a great job at invoking feelings in me that I never thought I had.

I personally liked Dallas' route the most, mainly because of the tasteful way that it dealt with the difficulties around a toxic relationship and an abusive ex, but I found that all of the characters had life breathed into them, even Kirby whose route was my least favorite, personally.

I also really love the band management aspect of this, and for those who love management simulators, I ensure you that RockRobin will tickle that itch.
From what I could see, it seems that this visual novel is still in-progress and in beta release, but for the content that's out now, it's well worth playing. I only hope that the developers have not dropped it completely yet because
I really want to know what happens for Dallas, Kirby, and Beau's happy epilogues.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#26 Post by Zelan »

I would definitely LOVE to see a full version of this game, but even still the story mode is complete and stands on its own, and SUPER fun. This was actually one of the first VNs with gameplay that I ever played years back and I remember really enjoying myself. Like Ashlex said, definitely give this game a go. (: