Not Another Cinderella Story! BxB

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

Re: Not Another Cinderella Story! BxB [NaNoRenO2016]

#91 Post by MimirollCookie »

Umm.... Yes. You said confusingly. ^_^;
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#92 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Yeah well I already mentioned I would make a demo and of course meant that I wanted to finish the whole game but that we didn't because we would like to revamp a lot of things which will come after nano. Sorry for the confusion.
ImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#93 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

We're in a need of a programmer for the gui!
ImageImage

Mashiro-chi
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Wolf & Red's Lovestory,Familiar & Love
Tumblr: nyahtome
Deviantart: Mashiro-chi

#94 Post by Mashiro-chi »

AAH, the logo is so damn beautiful!! and I'm fan of those re-tell fairy tales! so I'm looking super forward the release, even though I'm not really BxB fan.
and let's hope you can find that programmer soon. :)

Game dev blog:Tumblr

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#95 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Mashiro-chi wrote:AAH, the logo is so damn beautiful!! and I'm fan of those re-tell fairy tales! so I'm looking super forward the release, even though I'm not really BxB fan.
and let's hope you can find that programmer soon. :)
Thabks to potouto for the logo :) I totally did find a programmer and the release will definitely take a while sadly, hoping I also find a Co writer and speed things up. My artist has been so busy too :(
ImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

Re: Not Another Cinderella Story! BxB

#96 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Good news is I've found a Co writer and a CG artist to join the team. I'm thinking of looking for a new sprite artist as well due to communication issues.
Last edited by LadyOfGatsby on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

Re: Not Another Cinderella Story! BxB New sprite artist need

#97 Post by Elze »

Umm why are you looking for a new sprite artist when your sprites are 100% complete? O.o What happens to all the beautiful sprites then? D;

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#98 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Elze wrote:Umm why are you looking for a new sprite artist when your sprites are 100% complete? O.o What happens to all the beautiful sprites then? D;
They don't have expressions and I don;t have the files for them. Beautiful sprites or not, I'll settle for what I can :)
Last edited by LadyOfGatsby on Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#99 Post by infel »

I'm sorry to see that you may need a new sprite artist. The art work is very nice. Maybe try emailing them now wait two days and then try again. When it happens to me, I say something in the message title like "Please read this," and ask them if they are still with me and if they can keep up with the work and communication.

If it doesn't work out I wish you the best in finding an artist. The game looks really fun to play.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#100 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

infel wrote:I'm sorry to see that you may need a new sprite artist. The art work is very nice. Maybe try emailing them now wait two days and then try again. When it happens to me, I say something in the message title like "Please read this," and ask them if they are still with me and if they can keep up with the work and communication.

If it doesn't work out I wish you the best in finding an artist. The game looks really fun to play.
Thank you Infel! Yes I kept updating them already messaged them that most likely, I want to move on and let them know already.
ImageImage

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#101 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Deleted.
Last edited by LadyOfGatsby on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Ishvke

#102 Post by Ishvke »

Hey, guys, I am really happy to see all your progress on NaCS! And I'm super glad you guys managed to find a new sprite artist! I've been really looking forward to it, although I haven't been motivated enough to figure out my LSF password until now. The thing is, I have a quick question. Didn't Drewz come up with the character designs? Have you asked Drewz if it's alright to use his concept art? ^_^;; You didn't even use them as a base, haha. You just redrew them. Even if Drewz left of his own volition (as opposed to due to being kicked for supposed inactivity, in which case it'd be... even worse!), it's in bad taste to use his work, haha, particularly since you guys aren't even crediting him anymore ^_^ I just wanted to confirm since you've written several times that you haven't been able to get into contact with Drewz, which means there's no way he could've approved of you using his concept work! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Please ignore me if you've already discussed everything with Drewz! There was no mention of any conversations, so I assumed! (TT^TT) Also, please ignore me if Drewz only "redrew" or "polished" the characters, while you gave him concept sketches / character designs you did yourself. (I don't think that was the case though. While my memory could be failing me, I'm pretty sure I remember Drewz being credited for character designs!) I really hope I don't come off as naggy, though! (*≧▽≦) I just happen to be more, ehh, sensitive than most with regards to crediting/copyright issues and just wanted to double check the deets! Good luck with your VN! I'll be looking forward to it! ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
Pronunciation: ISH-vick'kay

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran

#103 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Ishvke wrote:Hey, guys, I am really happy to see all your progress on NaCS! And I'm super glad you guys managed to find a new sprite artist! I've been really looking forward to it, although I haven't been motivated enough to figure out my LSF password until now. The thing is, I have a quick question. Didn't Drewz come up with the character designs? Have you asked Drewz if it's alright to use his concept art? ^_^;; You didn't even use them as a base, haha. You just redrew them. Even if Drewz left of his own volition (as opposed to due to being kicked for supposed inactivity, in which case it'd be... even worse!), it's in bad taste to use his work, haha, particularly since you guys aren't even crediting him anymore ^_^ I just wanted to confirm since you've written several times that you haven't been able to get into contact with Drewz, which means there's no way he could've approved of you using his concept work! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Please ignore me if you've already discussed everything with Drewz! There was no mention of any conversations, so I assumed! (TT^TT) Also, please ignore me if Drewz only "redrew" or "polished" the characters, while you gave him concept sketches / character designs you did yourself. (I don't think that was the case though. While my memory could be failing me, I'm pretty sure I remember Drewz being credited for character designs!) I really hope I don't come off as naggy, though! (*≧▽≦) I just happen to be more, ehh, sensitive than most with regards to crediting/copyright issues and just wanted to double check the deets! Good luck with your VN! I'll be looking forward to it! ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
Hey there I already discussed everything with Drew beforehand and these were my designs originally. Yes I gave him character designs and concept for all characters so it was my ideas. Only the art belonged to Drew and I'm not crediting him or using his art anymore just my design. Designs on Drews part were mainly on step mother princess and two step brothers. I don't really see how it would even be a copyright issue at all.
ImageImage