Chomp Chomp ☼ (Farming | Fantasy | Stat-raising)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

Re: chomp chomp [Fantasy][NaNo2016]

#16 Post by Weenily »

potouto wrote:Huhuh I wonder if I should add more romance events or more gag events, kiss kiss fall in love, Artin. I'm inserting Easter eggs back and forth, left and right, keep an eye out :0 Yes! The idea to begin with is keeping the love interest as nonbinary and the player with customisable pronoun for accessibility to the players. genderless pronoun yees
Why not both? B) Add as many romantic/gag events as you can. Insert all the weeb references. I'll hunt for all those Easter eggs! YESSS ARTIN BEING NB JUST MAKES ME LOVE THEM EVEN MORE TBH.
Last edited by Weenily on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

YzzaPizzaIsCheezy
Regular
Completed: Best Friends
Projects: Sweet and Spices (NaNo'16)
Organization: Pastelle Studios, Classical Projects

#17 Post by YzzaPizzaIsCheezy »

I love harvest moon!
Maybe i'll start loving this too! :wink:

yuren
Projects: chomp2
Github: yosephharyanto

#18 Post by yuren »

UPDATE I finished the introduction welps that was long. Sketching the GUI design first then work on the rest of the game events c': We better finish the game this time because someone is already threatening to chase after me with lawn mower
I swear it wasn't me :)

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#19 Post by potouto »

It's only the second day and I already feel like digging a grave for myself. While it feels like a lot of time are left but when I think about all the necessities I need to work on, it ends up feeling as if there isn't enough.

I only have a bit more time to do a main menu today so please tell me about what you think about the design direction so far! the longer I stare at it, the more my eyes hurt
Weenily wrote:Why not both? B) Add as many romantic/gag events as you can. Insert all the weeb references. I'll hunt for all those Easter eggs! YESSS ARTIN BEING NB JUST MAKES ME LOVE THEM EVEN MORE TBH.
Yes, I will see what I can come up with though I'm dry when it comes to romance herp. All for the genderqueer C: I'm glad you love them as a character <3
YzzaPizzaIsCheezy wrote:I love harvest moon!
Maybe i'll start loving this too! :wink:
Aha, yes, hopefully you will c:
yuren wrote:I swear it wasn't me :)
I'm going to add you to the list of people who are out for my blood if this project isn't finished D8

yeah well | commission | website

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#20 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Everything about this is so cute <3 From the title, story to the graphics! I'm so looking forward to this :) I'm also a die hard harvest moon fan and played almost every single game too haha
ImageImage

Weenily
Regular

#21 Post by Weenily »

That main menu is stunning! Everything goes well together, the fonts look good, I like the cut-out effect, and those chicks are too adorable!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Demetis
Regular

#22 Post by Demetis »

UPDATE I finished the introduction welps that was long. Sketching the GUI design first then work on the rest of the game events c': We better finish the game this time because someone is already threatening to chase after me with lawn mower
I REALLY seriously have no clue who you are talking about o3o <3

But omg that start screen XDDD You didn't seriously added adorable baby chicks on it did you I am gonna die from sugar overdose omg 8D
And good job finishing the intro scene!
Now go finish the rest //slapped

khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#23 Post by khnachi »

Loving the GUI so far! Good luck! :wink:

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#24 Post by runeraccoon »

The GUI is cute! It's bright and definitely won't be my desktop's wallpaper, but it should work perfectly for the game~ Can't wait to see the characters! :>

yetibutts

#25 Post by yetibutts »

oh my goD that main menu screen is adorable! I think it looks great the way it is. I can't wait to play this, ahhh!

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#26 Post by clua »

This project sounds super cute!! I love the GUI and the tiny chicks XD But the pattern at the back is really bright, and as you say it hurts my eyes too(Well, my eyes are bad already...) Perhaps desaturate it a little bit?
Good luck to you all, you can do it!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#27 Post by potouto »

LadyOfGatsby wrote:Everything about this is so cute <3 From the title, story to the graphics! I'm so looking forward to this :) I'm also a die hard harvest moon fan and played almost every single game too haha
Thank you so much! Same though, I really love the series! I even like new Natsume games even though they do have a few...eccentricities :D And I heard a new Story of Seasons game is coming, so I'm really excited :DD
Weenily wrote:That main menu is stunning! Everything goes well together, the fonts look good, I like the cut-out effect, and those chicks are too adorable!
THank you so much ! I still have to tone down the color a bit but I'm glad they look nice to you C:
Demetis wrote:I REALLY seriously have no clue who you are talking about o3o <3

But omg that start screen XDDD You didn't seriously added adorable baby chicks on it did you I am gonna die from sugar overdose omg 8D
And good job finishing the intro scene!
Now go finish the rest //slapped
I would put you into liars jail but since we are close, I'll let you go this time o k

Y E S those baby chicks are here to stay, fight me if you c a n C: I'm gonna choke them down your throat like how you did with me and bacons. You are needy needy :0 I'm writing I'm writing, I'm dying but I'm also writing please stop slave driving me
khnachi wrote:Loving the GUI so far! Good luck! :wink:
Thank you! Good luck with uni by the way c;
fuicchi wrote:The GUI is cute! It's bright and definitely won't be my desktop's wallpaper, but it should work perfectly for the game~ Can't wait to see the characters! :>
It definitely won't become my desktop's wallpaper so same, but thank you for the compliment! I have to fix the color a bit but I'm excited to see the characters, too! Lani's sketches of Artin are really cute huhuh
yetibutts wrote:oh my goD that main menu screen is adorable! I think it looks great the way it is. I can't wait to play this, ahhh!
Thank you so much, I hope the final design will do the justice to everyone's expectations!
clua wrote:This project sounds super cute!! I love the GUI and the tiny chicks XD But the pattern at the back is really bright, and as you say it hurts my eyes too(Well, my eyes are bad already...) Perhaps desaturate it a little bit?
Good luck to you all, you can do it!
Yeah I agree with you on that so I modified it immediately c: Thank you so much, wish you good luck with your NaNo too!

UPDATE: Woah yuren works really fast, he's already finished a lot of game functions! I need to speed up too since my workload needs to be lessen uhuh!

yeah well | commission | website

Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

#28 Post by Laniessa »

Hullo everyone! Artist here! I'm very excited about this game, huehue. I'm trying out a simpler, brighter style for this! I just finished up the sprite for Artin, so I hope you like <3
Attachments
artin.png

PeroxidePrince
Regular
Completed: Cooked with Love, so obscure;, LAST CALL, Reflections on the River, PANGS (you are hungry.)
Projects: Through the Panels
Organization: STARDUST★SODA
itch: stardust-soda

#29 Post by PeroxidePrince »

Ahh this looks so cute! I'm so on board for a protagonist with customizable pronouns!
The sprite style looks great, and looks like it'd go really nicely with the general aesthetics of the UI as well!
I'm also really about those baby chicks on the main menu haha... Too cute.
Best of luck with your project!

Weenily
Regular

#30 Post by Weenily »

Congrats on finishing Artin's sprite!!! They're so cute oh my gosh! I love their pants. The coloring style definitely suits the GUI and gosh I just want to pinch Artin's precious face.