Infurubia [Fantasy/Romance][NaNoRenO 2016] (2ND DEMO OUT)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

Infurubia [Fantasy/Romance][NaNoRenO 2016] (2ND DEMO OUT)

#1 Post by clua »

Grab the 2nd demo HERE
Infurubia tells the story of Gamba and her twin brother, Chacal who is unfortunate enough to be the vessel of the God who walks among mortals, Lundúraga. Because of this, he endures every day the struggles of the God trying to leave his body, breaking his bones and ripping his flesh. This dishearting sight lead Gamba to always look for a better future for her brother, and one day she decides to take him to a small trip outside the town. This very little action will take them both to a bittersweet journey.

Characters
*checked the sprites again, this is how they should look in game:
The protagonist and Chacal's twin sister. Tries to be cheerful around others but she is easily baffled when things get bad.
Excellent fighter even if she catalyst part of Lundúraga's soul, which makes her dizzy from time to time. Hopes for a better future for her brother and is always around to protect him.

Gamba's twin brother and Lundúraga's vessel. A total negative and intolerant man, which is understandable by his situation but it rubs strangers the wrong way. Seems strict and heartless when he scolds her sister. Even so, cares a lot for her.

A man that travels around the world along with Cellia. Looks taciturn but he is very passionate when it comes to traveling. Happens to be the last human and, as expected, carries a turbulent past.

Small feisty woman that travels along with Haern. Always carry a smile and looks like she is having a lot of fun, also tease master.
Is like a sister to Haern, a really old sister.

Southern Queen of Marla, quendom of the Kaufur people. Was betrayed by the royal advisor in joint of the Northen Queen and decreed
dead. Is currently looking a way to pay back and ascend to the throne with merits. Travel along with Alink.

A prisoner inside the cells of Marla. Incredible violent man, and a complete inept to everything else. Lost half of his tongue, so he avoids to speak, and if he tries he just able to mutter gibberish. Travels along with Eidell as her (forced)servant.

Details
(Infurubia or Journey of the vessels of God)
♦Fantasy/Romance/Drama
♦ For ages +17(Contains some nudity, violence and sexual themes which won't be any explicit!)
♦7 chapters
♦3 endings(TBD)

Progress(UPDATED: 05/07/2017)
Script:80%(Currently 77k/ chapter 6)
Base sprites: So far there are 30 character sprites(Hoping this doesn't increase that much already :A:!)
Sprite variations and expressions: Not going to count that!
Backgrounds:20 location backgrounds(Doesn't include variations)
CGs and other significant art: 60+ cgs so far not including variations
GUI:100%
Music: 8/8 tracks are done!(Will need some more but that depends of my future budget)
Encyclopedia: To fix some day...
Proofread:Not yet!
Beta test:Not yet!

OOOOHH. Hello guys, it's me again! I hope I manage to complete this year too but if anything I will try to do all that I can.
Hope you guys like the final result(If there is) The game is planned to have a bunch of romance scenes, but don't expect it to
have romance endings. It's a bit like TKOT, like you were expecting to kiss all the guys at the end but that was not the case because
of the nature of the protagonist...If I change my mind you will find out a 4th ending xD
I don't think I will try anything new this time, but maybe an encyclopedia. I will be writing this by chapters.
Ah, also! I was debating myself with the name, this is supposed to be my very first story ever but with a lot of changes. The name "Infurubia" is one of the things that I kept because I thought it fit better the fantasy atmosphere.

If you have any questions I would gladly answer them. :D
Last edited by clua on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 14 times in total.
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

Re: Infurubia [Fantasy/Romance][NaNoRenO 2016]

#2 Post by Weenily »

Oh mannn the story is so interesting! I absolutely love your creativity!!! I was kinda shocked reading the ages lmao Haern is a baby compared to everyone else. I'm really curious about how their journeys are all going to connect! Gamba is so cute gosh. Poor Chacal though omg. I'm definitely looking forward to this! Good luck and I hope you get to finish it!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Kumiho
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
Projects: The Thousandth Day

#3 Post by Kumiho »

OH MY GOSH I have been secretly stalking your sketches on your dev Tumblr since forever ago <3 Suuuper excited, and I'm such a fan of both The Knife of the Traitor + Charlatans + Basiliska that I don't even. QuQ The plot and characters all sound ridic perf, and the title is super cool as well! (*cough* gotta google its definition though) While I love my fluff, it's not necessary by any means. If less romantic endings suit the VN better, well, of course they're preferable for readers as well imo 8') Good luck with the VN, esp. the encyclopedia if you decide to implement/code it x'D <333

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by clua »

Weenily wrote:Oh mannn the story is so interesting! I absolutely love your creativity!!! I was kinda shocked reading the ages lmao Haern is a baby compared to everyone else. I'm really curious about how their journeys are all going to connect! Gamba is so cute gosh. Poor Chacal though omg. I'm definitely looking forward to this! Good luck and I hope you get to finish it!
XDD I'm not actually fan of that kind of age difference but it kinda takes part of the plot. Thank you so much for your kind words, I hope I don't disappoint!!
Kumiho wrote:OH MY GOSH I have been secretly stalking your sketches on your dev Tumblr since forever ago <3 Suuuper excited, and I'm such a fan of both The Knife of the Traitor + Charlatans + Basiliska that I don't even. QuQ The plot and characters all sound ridic perf, and the title is super cool as well! (*cough* gotta google its definition though) While I love my fluff, it's not necessary by any means. If less romantic endings suit the VN better, well, of course they're preferable for readers as well imo 8') Good luck with the VN, esp. the encyclopedia if you decide to implement/code it x'D <333
XD Well...The title is invented, and probably sounds a little bit dumb, original story got something to do with "fury" which is "furia" in Spanish...So the name :p It's going to be fluff!! I promise XD I'm not a gifted writer but I will give my best on this story. Thank you so much, and also good luck to you too!! XD

Guys I finished three sprites today and I think it's my limit :A: I will try to sketch the fourth one, since tomorrow I doubt I will be working too much on the project.
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#5 Post by Harliqueen »

Oh my word! This sounds seriously interesting, will definitely be keeping a close eye on it throughout the month :D

And I adore the colours of your character art!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Weenily
Regular

#6 Post by Weenily »

clua wrote:XDD I'm not actually fan of that kind of age difference but it kinda takes part of the plot. Thank you so much for your kind words, I hope I don't disappoint!!
Interesting!! And no prob, you can do it! ALSO OH MY GOODNESS...CHACAL AND HAERN ARE SO ATTRACTIVE I'M BLUSHING. Congrats on finishing three sprites that's a lot of work!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#7 Post by Razz »

Yes please. I cannot wait to play your game~ animal ears ftw

officeryou
Regular
Projects: Alpha's Adventures
Organization: Onee-sama Productions

#8 Post by officeryou »

Good luck!

Drewz
Regular

#9 Post by Drewz »

Oh my gosh, I was so hoping you'd participate again! Absolutely loved Charlatans from last year and so very glad that you used the same style for the art!
The story seems so interesting; Good luck with NanorenO, this seems like a must play to me already!
*stalks the thread*

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#10 Post by Ghost of Crux »

As always, you bring some of the most imaginative, beautiful art to the fray. Your stories are always great, too. AAH. I can't wait.
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#11 Post by KittyKatStar »

I love your work as always >w< I enjoyed Charlatans last year, and I really love the concept and creativity you put into this one.

Best of luck with your nano!

Weenily
Regular

#12 Post by Weenily »

!! The other character's sprites are complete! I'm in love with Cellia's, Gamba's, and Chacal's designs but the whole cast looks amazing!

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by clua »

Harliqueen wrote:Oh my word! This sounds seriously interesting, will definitely be keeping a close eye on it throughout the month

And I adore the colours of your character art!
Aww thank you!! Good luck with your project too!
Weenily wrote:
clua wrote:XDD I'm not actually fan of that kind of age difference but it kinda takes part of the plot. Thank you so much for your kind words, I hope I don't disappoint!!
Interesting!! And no prob, you can do it! ALSO OH MY GOODNESS...CHACAL AND HAERN ARE SO ATTRACTIVE I'M BLUSHING. Congrats on finishing three sprites that's a lot of work!
XDD Well, supposedly Alink should be the most good looking of the guys but for some reason I'm having problems...:p
Razz wrote:Yes please. I cannot wait to play your game~ animal ears ftw
Hey Razz! Ahaha, honestly I like this kind of stuff too but I wanted to look cool and grown up so I stopped
doing cute girls and boys with animal ears lol. Thank you!
officeryou wrote:Good luck!
Hey! Thank you :D!!
Drewz wrote:Oh my gosh, I was so hoping you'd participate again! Absolutely loved Charlatans from last year and so very glad that you used the same style for the art!
The story seems so interesting; Good luck with NanorenO, this seems like a must play to me already!
*stalks the thread*
Aww Thank you! I'm always so happy when people post in Charlatans thread XDD, hope you saw the message about the extra screen!
Ghost of Crux wrote:As always, you bring some of the most imaginative, beautiful art to the fray. Your stories are always great, too. AAH. I can't wait.
You are so kind to me! :A: Good luck to you too!!
KittyKatStar wrote:I love your work as always >w< I enjoyed Charlatans last year, and I really love the concept and creativity you put into this one.

Best of luck with your nano!
Hey Kitty!! Thank you for your kind words, best wishes for you and Deji and the whole team for this Nano XD
Weenily wrote:!! The other character's sprites are complete! I'm in love with Cellia's, Gamba's, and Chacal's designs but the whole cast looks amazing!
Yes!! You noticed! Aww, I like Cellia and Eidell the most. I can't deal with the fact that the remaining cast has some problem in their faces :p I will check that tomorrow, with luck I will be able to see better the problem :D

Guys I wasn't actually but I made an effort and finished every one. But I think I will check some stuff later
Bigger version
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Weenily
Regular

#14 Post by Weenily »

Ahh I can definitely see that Alink is meant to be the most attractive guy (and he totally is u v u i love that dark curly hair, his posture, his tail, and cape omg), but I hope you can find whatever's bothering you about the sprites and turn it into something you're happier with!

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#15 Post by Elze »

GOSH THE ART IS SO CUTE- I really, really love your style and their personalites all sound very interesting. So far I think I like Kuurin best. I don't think any of the sprites have anything wrong with their face? They look perf to me, but either way I hope you resolve the issue soon. Congrats on finishing everyone! ♡