Infurubia [Fantasy/Romance][NaNoRenO 2016] (2ND DEMO OUT)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

Re: Infurubia [Fantasy/Romance][NaNoRenO 2016] (DEMO)

#61 Post by clua »

amora wrote:I'm so excited to play the full game! When I found this I thought "Oh, this art reminds me of The Knife of the Traitor!" and then I saw why. lol
I was a huge fan of TKOT (loved Corvus ending sooo much) so I cannot wait to play this. I truly love your art.

These are my impressions:
I really like Gamba character, she's amazing!
I was super sad when I saw that Chacal was Gamba's brother because he was the mainly reason of my excitement :(
For me, he's the cutest and the most attractive character of all (I also like his personality a lot). I cannot help it, I'm too fond of him! oh well, I'm gonna have my heart broken... </3
So yeah, I truly wish they weren't brothers so I could end up with him in a love way ~ (perhaps there will be? I mean, they aren't humans after all so it wouldn't be weird. At least not for me, I wouldn't mind dating him at all)

Also, Tomislav character looks so beautiful!

Oh, and you should feel important because after FIVE YEARS I finally created an account here just because of this game (and the need of telling my feelings)

Btw: Chacal was the name of a goat of childhood friend of mine. I instantly thought of him when I read the name. He was such an adorable goat!

sorry for my bad english and any mistakes :/
Hello!
Thank you so much for playing the demo! Don't worry about your English, we must be in the same boat haha.
Wow! I was worried no one liked Chacal because he comes as an asshole at first, I'm glad you do :A:!
Sadly this isn't the game you can choose which one you can pursue, so Chacal is not an option. Even so, I wish you could
play the game when it's done!

I recently wrote the scene where Tomislav appears. I had in mind a totally different character at first. A character you would pity a little, but in the end, I wrote her to be a little insane XD. I like her better in that way.

Aww I'm glad you decided to create an account, I hope you have a bunch of fun posting about the games you like!

PS: A goat named Chacal! That's super cute XD Original Chacal was more devilish and playful and even a bit perverted, that's why I chose that name for him at first. The current Chacal is more serious and grumpy, but supposedly at heart, he is kinda like the original one.

BTW Chacal= Jackal and Gamba= Shrimp! Gamos chose animal names for their children, but those names are always written in Spanish.

Hey guys! I will be using Nanoreno to work on Infurubia. My goal is to finish the art assets for chapter 3 to 5!
I will be posting from time to time my progress of each week.

The state of the game now is the following:

-76K which covers chapter 1- part of chapter 6(More than the half of it)
-I've edited chapter 3-4 already
-Artwork for chapter 3 is half done
-I've coded half of chapter 3

I've got some few assets done for chapter 4 and 5. What I'm mainly missing are backgrounds and CG. Sprite art is only a matter of variations and some new characters that need one.

You can follow my Twitter for everyday progress.
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#62 Post by KittyKatStar »

YAAAY you're back on it. Good luck with the Nano, clua <3

smilehirasaka
Projects: NaNoReNo 2017: SPRING-HEELED JACK
Tumblr: sugarwafer

#63 Post by smilehirasaka »

I'm so excited! i'm already compelled by the plot, but the designs really sealed the deal for me, your use of patterns & clothing style is lovely! I'll be rooting for you!

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#64 Post by clua »

KittyKatStar wrote:YAAAY you're back on it. Good luck with the Nano, clua <3
Thank you Kitty! :A:! I wish the best for you and everyone in Apple Cider for this Nano too :D!
smilehirasaka wrote:I'm so excited! i'm already compelled by the plot, but the designs really sealed the deal for me, your use of patterns & clothing style is lovely! I'll be rooting for you!
Hello!

Thank you!! Yes! I think patterns and the style of clothing per race are important not just as a visual detail, but to immerse a little the player that they belong to a certain world(And help me to make the world building a little more believable haha)

Hey guys! Weekly update here:

Art and coding for chapter 3 is going slowly towards completion. I hope I can have it for this week, so I can invest my time in the art and coding for chapter 4.

Have some screencaps I've done during March:
(Chapter 3_Zanguis Forest)
(Chapter 3_Zanguis Forest)
(Chapter 3_Lands of Wirama)
(Chapter 3_Lands of Wirama)
(Chapter 3_Plais of Muen)
(Chapter 3_Plais of Muen)
(Chapter 3_Lands of Epolia)
(Chapter 3_Lands of Epolia)
CG previews:

Some concept art(Mainly for chapter 4-5)
Gamos warriors!
Gamos warriors!
Queendom of Marla's soldiers(The Northern ones!)
Queendom of Marla's soldiers(The Northern ones!)
Chief Sajino, who is in charge of the town where the twins were born. Young and inexperienced, easy to anger. His sprite is done if you scroll down!
Chief Sajino, who is in charge of the town where the twins were born. Young and inexperienced, easy to anger. His sprite is done if you scroll down!
Finally some sprite art update:
From left to right&gt; Gamba&gt; Chacal&gt;Tiny Virgil(Charlatans' easter egg)&gt;Lince(Twins mother)&gt;Chief Sajino
From left to right> Gamba> Chacal>Tiny Virgil(Charlatans' easter egg)>Lince(Twins mother)>Chief Sajino
I checked Langrila's sprite. Hope he is fine now :A:
I checked Langrila's sprite. Hope he is fine now :A:
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

amora
Regular

#65 Post by amora »

I'm so excited for this! Thank you for the updates :)

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#66 Post by clua »

amora wrote:I'm so excited for this! Thank you for the updates :)
Thanks to you for following :A:!

Hello! Here is my weekly update for the second week of March:

I'm still in chapter 3 :A: But really close to finishing it(There are just 3 scenes left for the chapter, also remember you can get an ending here!)

I can't show much but here is it one scene prev

Flashback scenes.

CG prevs:
Finally, Degrimas (WIP)
Finally, Degrimas (WIP)
:p
:p
A choice! omg
Choices...
Choices...
Remember you can see my daily dev entries via Twitter
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

amora
Regular

#67 Post by amora »

Oh! I truly don't think I could possibly love this game more! <3
Good luck with everything and thank you for the scene preview :)

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#68 Post by Anna »

This looks very cool and ambitious, clua! I always like your stories and art; I actually cheered out loud to Kiki when I saw you're entering this nano as well, can't wait to check out what you made when the month is over~

Either way, really fun to have you around this nano, let's both make something cool and enjoy this jam to the fullest, whee~ :DDD

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by clua »

Sorry everyone for not keeping this updated after Nano!
I was really busy during April, in special at the end of the month which lead me to
be stressed enough to stay away from my PC for several days.

I will resume development during this month, hoping to start chapter 4(One of my fav chapters along with 5!)

Since I have little to show now, I will be writing a little bit of the game's music!
So far I've commissioned 5 tracks of 8 I had planned for the newest demo. The composer I hired is the talented Arcane Divine Piano. 3 tracks are currently under revision, but I might end up uploading them as soon as they are done!
In the meantime, here is one track you can check now. Hope you like it!

@amora
Hopefully this time I will be updating more often :A:!

@Anna
Hey Anna! In the end I didn't meet my goal but I did a lot. Funny enough, Infurubia was made instead of another game that I considered was longer for Nano. I will be taking more than one year to complete it haha... ._.
Hope you two manage to finish your Nano project as well!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

kistnerelizabeth
Regular

#70 Post by kistnerelizabeth »

Oh my gosh! I love your character art so much! <3 I got a lot Okami vibes from it. So amazing. The characters are awesome, too. I can't wait to see more about this game. :)

Baky
Regular
Tumblr: delicrieux

#71 Post by Baky »

OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD i just finished playing and i cant. i cant. such a good game. the art is amazing. the story is so interesting. im shook. i havent played such a good game in a while, and i cant WAIT FOR THE FULL VERSION PLEASE HURRY.
i
am
shook
love you lots drink water stay healthy love you xx
♡I write things for fun.♡

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#72 Post by clua »

kistnerelizabeth wrote:Oh my gosh! I love your character art so much! <3 I got a lot Okami vibes from it. So amazing. The characters are awesome, too. I can't wait to see more about this game. :)
Oho! I loved Okami perhaps some influence is showing! Thank you so much for your kind words!
Baky wrote:OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD i just finished playing and i cant. i cant. such a good game. the art is amazing. the story is so interesting. im shook. i havent played such a good game in a while, and i cant WAIT FOR THE FULL VERSION PLEASE HURRY.
i
am
shook
love you lots drink water stay healthy love you xx
Hello!

:A:!! It's good to hear you liked it! Honestly, I felt kinda scared because I haven't heard much feedback about the demo but I guess you all are waiting for more substance to give a better opinion.
I hope the next part doesn't disappoint! Thank you!
ps: Aha, drinking water is good I'm trying to do it more often
One of the several sprite variations in this chapter. x_x
One of the several sprite variations in this chapter. x_x
Hey guys! I have a little progress here:
How it normally would look.
How it normally would look.
With a tiny gradient overlay so it looks like sunlight is present.
With a tiny gradient overlay so it looks like sunlight is present.
The very first CG you will see in chapter 4. Similar to the rainbow mountains one. Literally the onsen episode(Without onsen fanservice :p)
The very first CG you will see in chapter 4. Similar to the rainbow mountains one. Literally the onsen episode(Without onsen fanservice :p)
Finally here is another music preview! Night theme.

EDIT: Totally forgot! I made a tiny fanservicey game for Easter. It's not proofread tho
Also there is new merch at the store, any purchase is very welcome since I'm saving for the remaining tracks for the demo!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Stella123

#73 Post by Stella123 »

I just played the demo and here are my views.
After first 5 mins of the game-play when i learned the narration in 3rd POV i thought uhnn... "i am not used to such VNs" BUT I continued to read and after 8 mins, ohh my gosh its soo good :) (when cellia embraced my screen). I loved Cellia she is sooo good, she was goddess!!! :D . Also the interactions between Gamba and Haern were soo cute(pls have their romantic ending!! :3).The CGS and BGs were lovely :) !! I found some mistakes in the writing( Its a DEMO :? , so yeah).
However I have qualms over Eidell, is she antagonist? or a character which turns good from bad? Frankly I didn't like her from the start, she killed many people over the years she ruled and an excuse as she had sad and lonely :?: .In 2nd chapter she is like killing people (as she "thinks" they are traitors) but then again she is sweet when it comes to Alink(coz he is handsome hunk?? :roll: ). If she ends up as good person and rules the country without karma coming back at her then I am baffled. :shock:
Well overall its a lovely VN with novelty as one of its usp and I am excited over its release kyaaa~~!! :mrgreen:
ohh and look at the time here its 3:20 am. I should better sleep :oops:
Adios~~

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#74 Post by clua »

Stella123 wrote:I just played the demo and here are my views.
After first 5 mins of the game-play when i learned the narration in 3rd POV i thought uhnn... "i am not used to such VNs" BUT I continued to read and after 8 mins, ohh my gosh its soo good :) (when cellia embraced my screen). I loved Cellia she is sooo good, she was goddess!!! :D . Also the interactions between Gamba and Haern were soo cute(pls have their romantic ending!! :3).The CGS and BGs were lovely :) !! I found some mistakes in the writing( Its a DEMO :? , so yeah).
However I have qualms over Eidell, is she antagonist? or a character which turns good from bad? Frankly I didn't like her from the start, she killed many people over the years she ruled and an excuse as she had sad and lonely :?: .In 2nd chapter she is like killing people (as she "thinks" they are traitors) but then again she is sweet when it comes to Alink(coz he is handsome hunk?? :roll: ). If she ends up as good person and rules the country without karma coming back at her then I am baffled. :shock:
Well overall its a lovely VN with novelty as one of its usp and I am excited over its release kyaaa~~!! :mrgreen:
ohh and look at the time here its 3:20 am. I should better sleep :oops:
Adios~~
Hello!

Thank you so much for playing the demo, as well for letting me know what you think!
I'm glad you like Cellia so much! She is dead last in the popularity poll so I was getting sad :A:
If you like, you can tell me about those mistakes so I can fix them right away!
About Eidell, yes she is meant to be one of the main characters of the game that comes across first as an antagonist.
I believe she is the most down to earth character of them all, even so, she is a terrible ruler which spent more time reading books than interacting with her people. In consequence she is unable to understand them completely and pretty much everyone from Marla tells that into her face XD
Some spoilers about the killing part:
Tho she didn't kill people through her reign! The only time she got to kill was when she was running away of the queendom but ngl, she enjoyed ever second she slayed those traitors(It was a kill or be killed situation anyway)
About Alink:
What she treasures most is kindness and even if little, that's what Alink showed her so I felt under her situation it was understandable she would warm up to him. She liked the second slave she cast a seal on as well because of the same reason XD.
I can understand if you don't like her tho, but I thought it would be right to clear those points first!
Again, thank you for playing the demo it means a lot to me when people let me know what they felt when playing!

EDIT: I guess I can use this post to post some progress?
Script:still 76k I'm not touching it until I have all art assets done until chapter 5
Artwork: Working on chapter 4! I can't show you much aside from what I'm posting below but after certain scene is done(Waterfall scene) I will be posting new sprite art of some secondary characters(Mostly warriors)
Music: So far 5 tracks were commissioned, 4 were approved and one is under revision. Thanks to everyone who
purchased items from my store I will be able to commission 3 tracks more and complete the 8 I had planned for the demo.

Here there are some CG prevs mainly:
wew.png
chaaa2.png
There are plenty of sad twins in this game.
There are plenty of sad twins in this game.
And other stuff:
Time to eat the baby boar!
Time to eat the baby boar!
screenshot0046.png
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Stella123

#75 Post by Stella123 »

[img][IMG]http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh4 ... 3counc.png[/img][/img]
hot---cold

[img][IMG]http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh4 ... 6whtdd.png[/img][/img]
why----what

[img][IMG]http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh4 ... cuxt9a.png[/img][/img]
idk I think there is something wrong with this sentence.

These are some of the mistakes I found. TBH I am not good in English but I hope it helps!!
Anyways Gambate with the game~~ :o