Infurubia [Fantasy/Romance][NaNoRenO 2016] (2ND DEMO OUT)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

Re: Infurubia [Fantasy/Romance][NaNoRenO 2016]

#16 Post by potouto »

Hi clua! Lovely to see more of your works come to life c: Haha please finish this. The character designs are so beautiful, seem to be a colourful bunch as usual. I'm most interested by Haern so far because purple!! I love Chacal and Gamba's relationship though, they are so cute c: Thank you for more cute siblings ! And the logo oh my god touches it all over

yeah well | commission | website

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#17 Post by clua »

Weenily wrote:Ahh I can definitely see that Alink is meant to be the most attractive guy (and he totally is u v u i love that dark curly hair, his posture, his tail, and cape omg), but I hope you can find whatever's bothering you about the sprites and turn it into something you're happier with!
I think I got to fix them! It was minor things except for Alink, I forgot totally about his sword.
Elze wrote:GOSH THE ART IS SO CUTE- I really, really love your style and their personalites all sound very interesting. So far I think I like Kuurin best. I don't think any of the sprites have anything wrong with their face? They look perf to me, but either way I hope you resolve the issue soon. Congrats on finishing everyone! ♡
I like her too! I think she is my very fav one hehe. Thank you for the good wishes!
potouto wrote:Hi clua! Lovely to see more of your works come to life c: Haha please finish this. The character designs are so beautiful, seem to be a colourful bunch as usual. I'm most interested by Haern so far because purple!! I love Chacal and Gamba's relationship though, they are so cute c: Thank you for more cute siblings ! And the logo oh my god touches it all over
XD Well...They don't start being cute :A: actually the game begins with them fighting :p But they patch up as time goes by.
Thank you for the good wishes! I still can't get over the cuteness of your project XD!

An update, I got to fix everyone today, what do you think?
Haern's hat was also added(Lol, now he is too tall for the game...)

Also you can see the progress report of yesterday here:
http://notttt-che.tumblr.com/post/14036 ... u-everyone
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#18 Post by MimirollCookie »

Really like Celia's concept! :P

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by clua »

MimirollCookie wrote:Really like Celia's concept! :P
Thank you :D!!

Some more progress...
I did some backgrounds:
A textbox
And some characters that will appear recurrently:
They are Icaro bandits, aren't they cute ^q^?

Regarding the script, I manage to write 3k which is not much actually :A: But I'm near to finish chapter one draft(There are some things that need to be added so I'm guessing the word count for each chapter would be something like 5k, making the game near 20k? But knowing myself It would be definitely less :A:)

I...Don't want to think if I'm going to make it or not, I just want to work everything that I can in this month :A:
Again, if you have questions...Or anything! Really! Just tell me :D
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#20 Post by Weenily »

My opinion on the new sprites: Gamba's new lips make her look more pretty and more serious! Haern looks kind of younger because his face is more round now and he looks gentler. Chacal looks more serious and focused now! And haha omg I love how Alink looks like he's looking down on you in the sprite update. I think his mouth is kind of too low though?

Those backgrounds are so nice! I love the colors and the painterly style! I really like the Icaro bandits omg I love the big one their wing arms are so cool.
Good job on writing 3k still!

Also hmmm I'm not sure what to ask that won't be spoilers! do you have any ships among the characters xD? I'm really curious about why the humans died out! And can I know more about the races? Like which race has the longest life or which is the strongest! Are there any races that are looked down upon as inferior?
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by clua »

Weenily wrote:My opinion on the new sprites: Gamba's new lips make her look more pretty and more serious! Haern looks kind of younger because his face is more round now and he looks gentler. Chacal looks more serious and focused now! And haha omg I love how Alink looks like he's looking down on you in the sprite update. I think his mouth is kind of too low though?

Those backgrounds are so nice! I love the colors and the painterly style! I really like the Icaro bandits omg I love the big one their wing arms are so cool.
Good job on writing 3k still!

Also hmmm I'm not sure what to ask that won't be spoilers! do you have any ships among the characters xD? I'm really curious about why the humans died out! And can I know more about the races? Like which race has the longest life or which is the strongest! Are there any races that are looked down upon as inferior?

Oh!! Thank you for your detailed revision on the sprites! I think I can check Alink's mouth...I need to practice face structure, I'm having some trouble when drawing the nose and mouth :p

I do have ships! XD But for now I will let that to everyone to guess hehe. As a hint there are: one-sided love, another which is impossible and a tragic one. About the humans, it's a big spoiler so I can't tell yet! :A:! But I can tell about races!

Gamos(Which are the MC, Gamba and her brother, Chacal) Are some sort of human with wolves. Of all the races in The World(Yes, everyone refers to their world like that, I figure it out with would be less bothersome) They are the ones who are most bound to nature. They are seen by other races as old fashioned and traditional fanatics. Gamos are very skilled fighters and their preferred weapon are knives. Their lifespan is around 300 to 310 years, making them the longevous race after Kuurins. Physically, they are somewhat tall(Males and females can reach 1.80 to 1.90 cm) Usually with dark hair. They are very pale in Winter but they get tan in Summer and they will always have those red marks on their cheeks. They have one partner for the rest of their lives(There are exceptions of course...) And they name their children with animal names, it has to do with some creationist ritual in the name of the very first Gamos, named like that because of...a gamo! XD They speak Babelia, as every other race in The World and they believe in a triad of Gods, which the most important is Lundúraga. To end their info dump, they claimed 2 great forests for themselves and they built citadels at the end of them. Usually at the outskirts, there are several little towns(Not named yet, but one of those towns is where the twins live, and the great forest nearby them is called "Old Horn"...That one very orange BG I did!)

Humans(Haern)...Are humans! XD Or better said Human. I can't say much about Haern actually :A: But the lifespan of a human in The World is 100 to 120 years.

Kuurins (Cellia) Are some sort of mix of a fairy, elf and a mosquito XD. They are the longevous race, their lifespan is 400 to 450 years, but they don't always live that much. They can only reproduce with themselves, they are totally another species with less mammal characteristics...Their physical traits always include gradient skin, light colored hair, insect wings and a very flowery skin(Yes, Cellia is literally naked, those are not clothes but part of her skin)Also, they are short people(1.65 cm at max) Cellia's background is also a spoilers :A:

Kaufurs(Eidell) Are a mix of foxes and humans. Their lifespan is 150 to 200 years. They are currently the most scientifically advanced race in The World since the Humans are almost extinct. A kaufur physical trait will always include: Green/Ochre/Red hair, dark skin, two marks on each cheeks(One red and one black), slit pupils, and a super fluffy tail. They tend to be not very tall(1.70-1.74 at max...Eidell is considered very tall actually) The kingdom of Marla is where almost every Kaufur lives. A matriarchy with two queens since the kingdom is quite big(There are a bunch of them in The World) They stole the knowledge of magic from the Humans at the time they were driven to extinction, because of that, Kaufur people younger than 90 years is able to use magic(Magic in The World is acquired by a ritual similar to a baptism. It only works with newborns) They look other races with disdain. To them, they are all ignorant and barbaric, and most of the other races tend respect Kaufurs and their laws.

....Alink is an hybrid of a Gamos and a Kaufur, all I can say is that his father was the Kaufur and everyone confuses him for a Gamos, because of his pale skin and his height. He can use both magic and weapons skillfully.

There are some other races(Icaros, Nannaus, and that one slave merchant guy that happens to be a giant) But principally those are. Hope this was not boring :_:
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Weenily
Regular

#22 Post by Weenily »

No problem! I feel you, facial structure is hard :'> just gotta keep trying though!

Pffft okay! Thanks for the hints!! Gosh those all sound like such sad ships... I love it. >7<

!!! Omg don't worry, that was really interesting! Thank you so much for sharing all that info! I'm amazed at the amount of detail you've put into the story and the lore! LOL I love how their world is literally called "the World" it's very easy to remember. I love the culture of the Gamos. And the Kaufurs sound so cool! I really like how their designs kind of reflect their race's cultures!

ALSO BECAUSE I LAUGHED REALLY HARD WHEN YOU SAID CELLIA WAS LITERALLY NAKED:

fghjks sorry if they're out of character
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by clua »

Weenily wrote:No problem! I feel you, facial structure is hard :'> just gotta keep trying though!

Pffft okay! Thanks for the hints!! Gosh those all sound like such sad ships... I love it. >7<

!!! Omg don't worry, that was really interesting! Thank you so much for sharing all that info! I'm amazed at the amount of detail you've put into the story and the lore! LOL I love how their world is literally called "the World" it's very easy to remember. I love the culture of the Gamos. And the Kaufurs sound so cool! I really like how their designs kind of reflect their race's cultures!

ALSO BECAUSE I LAUGHED REALLY HARD WHEN YOU SAID CELLIA WAS LITERALLY NAKED:

fghjks sorry if they're out of character
AAAAAAAAAA this is soo cute, thank you so much!! You are so talented :_:!
Actually, they are not that occ! Haern was like that when they first meet. Cellia loves to tease people a lot and young Haern was her favorite target, but now he is used to it so he doesn't get embarrassed anymore. Gamba and some other characters however... A bit of the script:
ce"This feels soo good! I'm so happy we didn't go further with the cart. I hate winter so much."
g"I figured that much..."
ce"Hmm, why is that?"
g"Y-yeah, I mean, your clothes. You must feel so hot just to wear that."
"Both Haern and Cellia took deep silence, just enough for Gamba to tell she has said something dumb."
g"...No?"
ce"I'm not wearing a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g. He hee!"
g"Excuse me?"
h"What you see is all part of her skin, she is not fond of clothes."
ce"Hey, doesn't it turns you on?...Just saying, I'm practically naked."
g"Wwhat?! Stop it!"
#Cellia gets near gamba
ce"Or maybe you would prefer him to be the one that wears anything?"
g"ARGHH..."
#gamba leaves the scene
h"Cellia!"
#laughing Cellia sprite
ce"Aww, don't be like that! You are too used to my teasing that it's not fun anymore. It's been so long since I laughed this much."
Sorry if there are mistakes....orz
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Weenily
Regular

#24 Post by Weenily »

Thank you!! I'm glad you like it! c:
OMG THAT SCRIPT SAMPLE. CELLIA IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER FOREVER. SHE'S THE BEST. POOR GAMBA HAHAHA. man I don't know what to ship! can I just ship celliaxeveryone?

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#25 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

I feel SO bad for Chacal. The pain, the burden, poor boy, I really want to help him.

On the other side, I'm not sure I want to play as his sister. I mean, this games feels like "Do something to help Chacal: The Visual Novel" to me, but seeing that there's other characters you can aproach and romance....... I can't help but feel this is going to go the romantical route instead of the "I'll help my bro" route and it makes me really sad.
Like, seriously, you are probably planning on doing the "choose Chacal" or "choose your love" at some point and I.... I don't think I'd be able to ever abandon Chacal. He is the main objective of the game, or at least that's what it looks like so I feel a little conflicted....

Am I right? Did I guess correctly? Are you guys okay with this kind of reaction coming from the player?
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by clua »

Weenily wrote:Thank you!! I'm glad you like it! c:
OMG THAT SCRIPT SAMPLE. CELLIA IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER FOREVER. SHE'S THE BEST. POOR GAMBA HAHAHA. man I don't know what to ship! can I just ship celliaxeveryone?
I give you my blessing to ship anything that makes you happier :D
Hi.In.Ni wrote:I feel SO bad for Chacal. The pain, the burden, poor boy, I really want to help him.

On the other side, I'm not sure I want to play as his sister. I mean, this games feels like "Do something to help Chacal: The Visual Novel" to me, but seeing that there's other characters you can aproach and romance....... I can't help but feel this is going to go the romantical route instead of the "I'll help my bro" route and it makes me really sad.
Like, seriously, you are probably planning on doing the "choose Chacal" or "choose your love" at some point and I.... I don't think I'd be able to ever abandon Chacal. He is the main objective of the game, or at least that's what it looks like so I feel a little conflicted....

Am I right? Did I guess correctly? Are you guys okay with this kind of reaction coming from the player?
It's OK to feel like that! And you hit the spot perfectly actually
You can manage to get, without being too spoilerish, to be with your brother until he dies of age instead of pursuing a supposedly life for yourself.
That depends on what you choose during the game, but consider that this particular ending is NOT the true end(Its the ending you can get in Chapter 3)

I think Gamba's journey involves more in finding another way of living. She might not suffer as her brother but she have to be attached to his fate, which to me, it's pretty sad too. I feel if I tell much I will end up spoiling the game :A: But I thank you for asking about it! You can have any reaction you want, I make this games but I have zero control on that XD. I just want people to read my stories.
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by clua »

Good morning!
Progress from yesteday
One new sprite for Haern:
Got to fix Alink's mouth.
And flashbacks will look like this:
I shared my method of how I do sprite's expresions for game jams like nano

I think I will be able to write chapter two today! I'm so pumped for Eidell and Alink!
BTW these are the name of the chapters(except for the last one because spoilers)
-We've opened a path, it shines bright!
-The Queen whom waltz outside her coffin
-Illusion, delusion
*pending for proofread.
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#28 Post by Zelan »

Your art is freaking GORGEOUS I can't even!

I played TKOT not too long ago (a month ago maybe?) so it's super awesome to see something else from you! I love the concept for the plot and the relationships between characters and I'm really looking forward to it coming out. owo

(By the way, I'd be willing to proofread if you need anyone! ^_^)

Weenily
Regular

#29 Post by Weenily »

GAMBA AND HAERN ARE TOO CUTE. I SCREAMED WHEN I SAW CELLIA THOUGH OH MY GOD. BEST CHARACTER, CELLIA. Also Alink's sprite is looking good! The flashback looks good and is easily distinguishable from current time! Thank you for the tutorial as well. *o*
Good luck writing chapter 2! Those chapter names sound really fun, I especially like the name of the queen chapter!

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#30 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

Your designs are so detailed and inviting Not that I'm stalking you or anything. *sobs* SO BEAUTIFUL. I enjoy when you put twins in your visual novels. It's nice to see that sibling dynamic.

B-Bittersweet journey?! Oh no, happy-sad moments are sure to follow. I hope my heart can take it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this since I loved Charlatans.

Honest Critique