Infurubia [Fantasy/Romance][NaNoRenO 2016] (2ND DEMO OUT)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

Re: Infurubia [Fantasy/Romance][NaNoRenO 2016]

#46 Post by MimirollCookie »

Nice CG prevs. *u*
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#47 Post by Weenily »

I really like how you used the BGs as textures for the coloring of the characters on the GUI screens! It's a really unique look! THE JOINT SPRITES ARE SO CUTE OMG is Chacal crying in that sprite though? My heart. I really like the portraits next to the character names, they're such a nice touch. Lol I love how everyone gets a piggy back ride, even Eidell!

Good luck with the rest of the demo work! It's cool if the demo doesn't have music I'm super excited to learn about the characters and their stories, i hope you can find the right type of music for the complete game!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#48 Post by clua »

MimirollCookie wrote:Nice CG prevs. *u*
Thank you so much, good luck on your project :D!!

Weenily wrote:I really like how you used the BGs as textures for the coloring of the characters on the GUI screens! It's a really unique look! THE JOINT SPRITES ARE SO CUTE OMG is Chacal crying in that sprite though? My heart. I really like the portraits next to the character names, they're such a nice touch. Lol I love how everyone gets a piggy back ride, even Eidell!

Good luck with the rest of the demo work! It's cool if the demo doesn't have music I'm super excited to learn about the characters and their stories, i hope you can find the right type of music for the complete game!
Oh! He is actually sweating, because he got a fever :A:! Chacal is the kind of person who doesn't cry much, Gamba on the other hand...orz. Thank you for your good wishes!!
ps: I saw you did a thread about your drawings, you should totally consider drawing for visual novels! :D

Guys I think...I should stop posting :p I mean! I can't focus XD and I really want to have these two chapters done.
I will post again when I have a more significant progress of the game. In the meantime have this little something, the Main Menu is done:
Click for bigger size!
Yes, that's a bleeding cloud, and it's something related to...OK better not spoil but sadly this is something you learn in chapter three.

8 days............Gosh.
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

YzzaPizzaIsCheezy
Regular
Completed: Best Friends
Projects: Sweet and Spices (NaNo'16)
Organization: Pastelle Studios, Classical Projects

#49 Post by YzzaPizzaIsCheezy »

That GUI is so cool. *,*

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#50 Post by clua »

YzzaPizzaIsCheezy wrote:That GUI is so cool. *,*
Hello!
Thank you so much!! I like how it turned out too XD

Guys! A little update. The two chapters are almost done! I will be checking stuff until the end of March and I will upload them some day of the first or the second week of April.
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#51 Post by clua »

Hey guys! I'm still on this. Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 are currently being proofread, I probably have it for the end of the week or for the next week for sure. I don't remember if I ever post itch page here:
This one!

Have some art of some characters that will appear in the following chapters.
This is Langrila, some sort of centaur friend. He is always drunk.
This is Langrila, some sort of centaur friend. He is always drunk.
This is Noa! Boy? Girl? I don't know! A friend from the sea. Likes pranks.
This is Noa! Boy? Girl? I don't know! A friend from the sea. Likes pranks.
Not Kodama! They are some little fungus friends from some location I still haven't named. Comes in many mushroom shapes.
Not Kodama! They are some little fungus friends from some location I still haven't named. Comes in many mushroom shapes.
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#52 Post by clua »

Hey guys, the demo is here!>
https://chegovia.itch.io/infurubia
I will post an updated one during the weekend hopefully(Encyclopedia is currently being proofread!)
If you encounter any bug, let me know! Hope you enjoy the game :A:!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Spellforce1993

Re: Infurubia [Fantasy/Romance][NaNoRenO 2016] (DEMO)

#53 Post by Spellforce1993 »

Awesome, I like this game! But please tell more about romance part !!!!!!! Alink is one of love interests? He is so cool*.*

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#54 Post by clua »

Spellforce1993 wrote:Awesome, I like this game! But please tell more about romance part !!!!!!! Alink is one of love interests? He is so cool*.*
Hello! Aww I'm glad you like him, sadly this is not the kind of game where you choose which character to pursue(You get to choose other stuff :p). Actually, each character has their own love story, and I hope the one I'm writing for him is appealing to you :D.

Guys I'm uploading independent builds for each platform today. Have these silly doodles:
nerds.png
nerds2.png
And some concept art of a character that appears at
Degrimas
bunnyrace.png
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#55 Post by clua »

Hey guys! I'm still working on this.
BTW the updated demo has been up a while, you can get it here:
https://chegovia.itch.io/infurubia

The script is currently 19K, trying to get them out of mushroom forest!
This is some art progress:
bg11.png
screenshot0001.png
EDIT:Sorry! I completely forgot about CG previews:
jjj.jpg
chc.jpg
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#56 Post by clua »

Hey guys, another progress update! Script is currently 24K, hoping I can write a bit more today.
This is another scene preview, the background is still WIP(And probably the text too...I'm still not sure haha)
screenshot0002.png
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Spellforce1993

#57 Post by Spellforce1993 »

Can't wait *O*

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#58 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

I finally got around to finishing the demo! <3 I loved it! I am looking so much toward the full version! Add me down as a fan.

You have some strong worldbuilding! It's so interesting to meet other groups/cultures/races that the characters come across on their journeys. Eidell and Alink are my favorites.
Gamba is such a cute little badass! I was not expecting her to savagely attack that bear out of the blue. I guess I should have taken a hint from the introduction that she'd pick fight over flight in a battle. But it's so cute!
I'm curious to what exactly Cellia is hiding? I was also surprised about her knowing she is about to die (and how calm she was about it). Her conversations with Haern are too cryptic to make assumptions. Also, I laughed pretty hard when she hit on Chacal. He's totally not feeling it, ha ha ha!
Two things I noticed that may have been picked up already:
1) There's a line where Cellia says "In specially," when I think she meant to say "Especially".
2) There's a line when
Eidell first encounters Gamba and Chacal that is repeated a second time after you hit the space bar to continue. I wish I had saved there to find out what exact line it was...
In all, this was great. Keep going!

Honest Critique

clua
Miko-Class Veteran

#59 Post by clua »

Green Glasses Girl wrote:I finally got around to finishing the demo! <3 I loved it! I am looking so much toward the full version! Add me down as a fan.

You have some strong worldbuilding! It's so interesting to meet other groups/cultures/races that the characters come across on their journeys. Eidell and Alink are my favorites.
Gamba is such a cute little badass! I was not expecting her to savagely attack that bear out of the blue. I guess I should have taken a hint from the introduction that she'd pick fight over flight in a battle. But it's so cute!
I'm curious to what exactly Cellia is hiding? I was also surprised about her knowing she is about to die (and how calm she was about it). Her conversations with Haern are too cryptic to make assumptions. Also, I laughed pretty hard when she hit on Chacal. He's totally not feeling it, ha ha ha!
Two things I noticed that may have been picked up already:
1) There's a line where Cellia says "In specially," when I think she meant to say "Especially".
2) There's a line when
Eidell first encounters Gamba and Chacal that is repeated a second time after you hit the space bar to continue. I wish I had saved there to find out what exact line it was...
In all, this was great. Keep going!

Waa sorry for the late reply! And thank you so so much for playing!

About spoilers
XD Well, Gamba is supposed to be really strong but not as strong as other type of Gamos that are introduced later. I'm having her struggle a lot as much as the story progress, in special because she is the kind that gets dishearted so easily as soon as things go wrong. :A: What Cellia is hiding is actually her dying XD. She sees Haern as a little boy even if he is bigger than her haha, but there are still a bunch of stuff that she can tell as a character. Hope overall they don't disappoint, since I already gave almost everyone their development(I mean to the point I'm currently writing)
Thank you for pointing out those, I did read this before so I already checked them :A:! Thank you again, hope you like the whole story as well!

Guys, I've been working on Infurubia even if I haven't posted any update here for a while(I didn't want to actually because all my updates were really small, but now I have something bigger to show! You can follow my updates via twitterand tumblr)

Some updates that are worth to mention:
>I...Miscalculated the length of the game again. Like a lot haha orz. So the game is now 7 chapters long instead of 4.
Names are(A picture of chapter 4 to 6):
1-We've opened a path, it shines bright!
2-The queen whom waltz outside her coffin.
3-Illusion, Delusion.
4-The softest carnage.
5-It was the longest dream we had to wake up.
6-Heart split in two.
7-This is a spoiler, but you can find a hint here.

>The current word count is 61K and I'm currently on chapter 6! I think I can have the whole script for November and probably will start editing it for December(Hoping really bad that I can have it 100% complete for the start of next year)

>Art wise I haven't done much...I wanted to have the whole script first. Then I will focus on the remaining sprite art and coding and finally on CGs! If you check my Tumblr or Twitter you will find a bunch of silly sketches and some sprite art too.

I will be back again to let you know if I made more progress!
Remember you can play the demo here
Hope someone can identify them :u;
Hope someone can identify them :u;
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

amora
Regular

#60 Post by amora »

I'm so excited to play the full game! When I found this I thought "Oh, this art reminds me of The Knife of the Traitor!" and then I saw why. lol
I was a huge fan of TKOT (loved Corvus ending sooo much) so I cannot wait to play this. I truly love your art.

These are my impressions:
I really like Gamba character, she's amazing!
I was super sad when I saw that Chacal was Gamba's brother because he was the mainly reason of my excitement :(
For me, he's the cutest and the most attractive character of all (I also like his personality a lot). I cannot help it, I'm too fond of him! oh well, I'm gonna have my heart broken... </3
So yeah, I truly wish they weren't brothers so I could end up with him in a love way ~ (perhaps there will be? I mean, they aren't humans after all so it wouldn't be weird. At least not for me, I wouldn't mind dating him at all)

Also, Tomislav character looks so beautiful!

Oh, and you should feel important because after FIVE YEARS I finally created an account here just because of this game (and the need of telling my feelings)

Btw: Chacal was the name of a goat of childhood friend of mine. I instantly thought of him when I read the name. He was such an adorable goat!

sorry for my bad english and any mistakes :/