Tears of Glass [Romance otome, Supernatural, School, GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Impulse
Regular
Projects: Tears of Glass [Romance VN, Supernatural, School, GxB]
Deviantart: mariscribbles

Re: Tears of Glass [Romance otome, Supernatural, School, GxB

#16 Post by Impulse »

I'll be updating my first post as I go so you can see and track my progress. I just added some short descriptions of Mayumi and Ami, as well as all four new expressions for Ayato.
Current project (on hold):
Tears of Glass - [Romance otome, Supernatural, School, GxB] - http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=37523
Demo for Tears of Glass - viewtopic.php?f=45&t=38285

Impulse
Regular

#17 Post by Impulse »

Here you have the main menu/title screen! What do you think? It took me ages to make everything fit the screen because I wasn't planning on including the logo at first, but I like the end result. I know the brick wall looks a bit weird. I will probably fix it later, but right now I want to work on something else (I've been working on this for two days now). I also made a pointer! :D
Tears of Glass - [Romance otome, Supernatural, School, GxB] - http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=37523

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#18 Post by Zelan »

Ahhhh gosh Mayumi looks so thoughtful and dreamy! <3 The title screen looks awesome. I like the pointer, too - little things like that make VNs seem more put together.

Impulse
Regular

#19 Post by Impulse »

@Zelan
Thank you! You're always giving me positive feedback and that motivates me to keep going :D

Yes, I want to add lots of small details just to make it look better. I don't have much experience in coding (I just google everything as I go, haha), so I figure I have to focus on other things instead - like the pointer ^^

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Zelan »

Pfft, that sounds just like me when I'm trying to do something I've never done before. cx Never played a game before? I'll just jump right in and figure it out as I go along.

I'm glad that my comments help to motivate you! c: I'm always afraid that commenting too much will make me seem annoying, so it's good to know that's not the case. The frequency with which you update is great, by the way - since you post something every few days, it shows that you're invested in this project, and that's something I really like to see. ^_^

Impulse
Regular

#21 Post by Impulse »

@Zelan
Haha you sound a lot like me, then :)

I don't think you're annoying at all, it makes me happy that you keep coming back and that you like what I do. I was actually wondering if I update too much, haha, but it's good to know you appreciate it. As long as I'm still making the sprites and the GUI and all that I will be updating pretty often, but when that is done and all that's left is the story it will probably be less updates. Mainly because I don't want to spoil the story and want my updates to actually include some pictures or something fun to look at. But I'm moving forward. It takes a lot less time than I thought it would because I'm so motivated. Therefore I'm positive I'll be able to stick to the deadline that is this summer :).

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Zelan »

Yeah, it's definitely hard to preview writing without spoiling the story. Some people post things weekly, like "Such-and-such's route is 40% done!" which is nice to know but not pretty to look at. cx

Impulse
Regular

New outfit and pose for Ayato!!

#23 Post by Impulse »

New pose and outfit for Ayato!

My eyes are bleeding from staring at the screen for such a long time, but I managed to make a new pose for Ayato, as well as a new pair of clothes! It's the same clothes he's wearing at the CG I showed you some days ago because I thought his sprite should have a matching pair just to make it look nicer :). I also created a new pose for him that will be used when he's showing expression "annoyed", "bored" and "confused". The other expressions will show the first pose.

ImageImageImage

What do you think of the new pose and pair of clothes?
Which one is your favorite?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Zelan »

Different outfits and poses are always a nice touch! ^_^ I like how the hem of the shirt is crooked - it reflects his careless personality.

Impulse
Regular

cg

#25 Post by Impulse »

Hello! I'm sorry for not posting for a while, but I've been really busy. It's easter break here so that means I have a lot to do at work (I work at a restaurant so there's a lot of customers that come in during the holidays). Whenever I get some breathing time I've either been with my family/friends or worked on the story-writing for this project. However, I started doing a new CG today and I wanted to share some progress, just to let you know I've not given up. It's of Ayato and Mayumi. I know they look naked, but I will add some clothes later, I just haven't gotten to that part yet, haha :)

I have some trouble with Ayato's face. He looks a little... weird. Hopefully I'll be able to fix that one. If you have any tips on how I can make him look less weird, then please share! I want the art to look as good as possible and for that I may need some help.

Anyways, this is how a part of it looks:

When it's done it'll be a full-body CG.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Zelan »

Aww, man, they're super cute. <3 I love the way Mayumi's hair falls to the side of her face.

Ayato doesn't look weird to me, but I'm not an artist, so I don't tend to notice little things that artists do. You might be able to find some help if you posted in the "Asset Creation: Art" section of the forum. ^_^

Impulse
Regular

#27 Post by Impulse »

Thank you ^^ I think Mayumi turned out really good in this piece and the hair falling to the side is one of my favorite details as well ^^

Thanks for the tip! I will probably post it in that section of the forum to get more feedback :)

Impulse
Regular

CG

#28 Post by Impulse »

New CG finished!

What do you think? :D

If it's not obvious, they're on the beach :)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Zelan »

TOO CUTE. The blush is just precious. <3 I like how both of them are blushing but Ayato's is more subtle. It's a small detail but it shows us a bit about their characters. Same thing with the position of their arms - it's pretty obvious that Ayato is unsure how to react (which I assume is what you were going for).

Impulse
Regular

#30 Post by Impulse »

I didn't think anyone would take notice to that part about the blush! But you're exactly right, it's because of their personality that I choose to make Mayumi's more obvious (but also because of the reason they even got in that position in the first place). :D You were also right about the pose: Ayato is supposed to be more stunned and confused, while Mayumi is just super embarrassed. ^^