Tears of Glass [Romance otome, Supernatural, School, GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Impulse
Regular
Projects: Tears of Glass [Romance VN, Supernatural, School, GxB]
Deviantart: mariscribbles

Re: Tears of Glass [Romance otome, Supernatural, School, GxB

#46 Post by Impulse »

Yeah, keep looking and if you ever do a game, be sure to tell me and I'll definitely play it :D

I see... Hmm.. I think you got a point. I will look around and play some demos to get an idea of how it could look like. Maybe I can make a demo for the first day or something? Well, if that's the case then you will probably see one soon :D Thanks for the feedback!
Current project (on hold):
Tears of Glass - [Romance otome, Supernatural, School, GxB] - http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=37523
Demo for Tears of Glass - viewtopic.php?f=45&t=38285

Impulse
Regular

#47 Post by Impulse »

Hello! I want to apologize for the lack of updates, but I've been really busy these last few days. I turned 20 (YAY), my sister turned 22 (YAY) and I've been working every single day so I didn't have much time to work on this project. I haven't forgotten, though.

These last days I started writing Hiroki's and Naozumi's route because I want to finish the first two days of playing time for the demo that's coming out! I decided to take Zelan's advise and try to get the demo out as soon as possible, but without limiting the choices to only one character/route. I'm really excited for this demo. It will have about 30 min of playing time (per route!) and you'll get introduced to all main characters (Mayumi, Ayato, Naozumi, Hiroki and Ami) as well as some secondary characters like Mayumi's mom and her homeroom teacher. Right now I've finished both Ayato's and Hiroki's "part" of the demo, and I'm halfway done with Naozumi's part, so just wait a little longer. The demo will be out in a week tops!

I've also been working on the design for the "memory rooms" which will have re-plays of endings and special scenes, character profiles and also all Hiroki's painting. You unlock Ayato's memory room after completing one of his endings and so on, so I won't post anything from the memory room here because I want you to see it for the first time after completing the game. Therefore the memory room will not be featured in the demo, but the gallery as well as all CG's up to that point in the game will.

Thank you for being patient with me. I'm really working as fast as I can with the little time I have. :)
Tears of Glass - [Romance otome, Supernatural, School, GxB] - http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=37523

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#48 Post by Zelan »

Happy belated birthday! :D And to your sister, too.

Demo soon! How exciting! That's a good amount of playing time for the demo. I'll be downloading it as soon as it comes out, although it might take a while for me to actually play it since we're getting a lot of end-of-year schoolwork. Still, congratulations on all of your progress!

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#49 Post by MimirollCookie »

I saw this; this so cute!
I like Ami Yuuko! :)
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Impulse
Regular

#50 Post by Impulse »

@Zelan
Thank you! :D Yes it feels pretty surreal to be 20 already. Time really flies. I'm also glad you're excited for the demo and it's fine if you don't play it straight away. Focus on your school work first :)

@MimirollCookie
Oh, thank you. I also really like Ami and I'm glad you think the game is cute :)

Impulse
Regular

#51 Post by Impulse »

All writing for the demo is now DONE! Right now I need to fix the music and sound effects, as well as create two more CG's because unfortunately I need them. I wasn't planning on creating the CG's right away, but I realized the demo will not be complete if I don't so I'm really sorry, but the demo won't be out this Thursday like I said. This is because it takes a lot of time to create CG's (at least for me it does) and I want them to look as good as possible since they will be used in the finished game as well. I will most likely be able to work on this project a little every day, so I'm positive the demo will be out this week at least. Again, I'm sorry it's taking some extra time.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#52 Post by Zelan »

Hey, it's no problem! It's perfectly reasonable that you want the demo and the CGs to be high quality. c: Take as much time as you need. I'll cheer you on from underneath my pile of homework.

Impulse
Regular

#53 Post by Impulse »

Demo is out! I repeat - Demo is out! :D

To check it out, follow this link ----> viewtopic.php?f=45&t=38285

Impulse
Regular

#54 Post by Impulse »

Hello. As you probably have noticed, I've been away for some time. I'm sorry for that, but there were some personal matters I had to take care of. I didn't have much time, or will, to work on this project because there were a lot of things going on in my life. However, things are starting to calm down now and I will have some free time this week and the weeks ahead, so hopefully I'll be able to get back on track. I'm still very passionate about this project and I want to see it through, so I just wanted to be clear that I haven't given up. As soon as I have time to, I'll start working on this project again.

Again, I'm sorry, but bear with me. It's hard to find time sometimes, but I'm still here and I still have the will to finish this project. It might just take some time before I'm working at normal speed again.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#55 Post by Zelan »

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble in your personal life. :c That's always tough, and I hope that you manage to pull through okay. <3

(I still haven't had any time to play the demo ahhhh - I can't wait for summer so I'll have time to play all of the VNs sitting downloaded on my computer! Yours is first on the list.)

Impulse
Regular

#56 Post by Impulse »

Thank you for understanding. You don't have to feel pressured into playing the demo right away. I understand you don't have time. There's always a lot to do this time of year in school and all that, so play it once you have time - or just wait for the finished game. :)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#57 Post by Zelan »

Thank you for understanding as well. ^_^

Impulse
Regular

#58 Post by Impulse »

Hello. I wanted to tell you that I'm back. I've been writing like a maniac these past days and I'm done with the main story. I'm almost done with Ayato's route and then I'll do some touching up before starting on Hiroki and Naozumi's route. I'm at the point of the story where your previous choices start to make a big difference so it takes a lot of time to write all the different branches. I want the game to have a lot of different outcomes depending on your previous choices with new dialogue and scenes. Re-plays should be interesting and new, not just the same thing over again with a different ending.

I also want to polish character development and background stories. All of the four main characters will have an interesting backstory that will have made them who they are today. In some cases this backstory will only be revealed if you make the right choices (ex. Ami's story), but in other cases the character will reveal some backstory, but not everything unless your relationship is good enough (ex. Ayato, Hiroki and Naozumi's story). The pursuable characters should also act differently whether you choose to pursue them or not. They might treat you as a friend, enemy, lover or the girl they never got. Some of these things are already implemented in the game, but the ones who aren't will also be there.

Stay tuned. :)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#59 Post by Zelan »

Ahhh, branching pathways are always really cool! Makes for less skipping when I try to get all of the endings. c:

I'm especially interested in the backstories of these characters because of all of the mystery that surrounds them, so it'll definitely be satisfying when one of them finally opens up to me.

Impulse
Regular

#60 Post by Impulse »

Hello! Time for some updates :)

#1. I just went on a search for backgrounds to use in my game and I found A LOT. I'm so glad I found a new background of an office to use for a scene in the Principal's office. The one I currently have (the one you can see in the demo) has always been a temporary one so now I can safely say I've found a replacement for it. I have also found some really good room backgrounds that will come in handy once I start writing Naozumi's and Hiroki's route. I don't know whether there will be a scene in their house or not, but at least I'm prepared.

#2. I've also found some great music to use. Now I have more than enough slow pace music for romantic and emotional scenes, as well as some fast-paced. I want to use a a lot of different tracks in this game and I also want to have theme music. I have already found a really good "Ayato theme" track that is played in the demo, but I'm still searching for theme music for Hiroki and Naozumi (and maybe even Ami).

#3. Writing is going well. No mayor problems and I think the story is tying up nicely. I'm actually starting to feel a little nostalgic. Ayato's route is so close to finishing and I can relate to him so much it's going to be hard to stop writing his story. I've put a lot of thought into his personality and life choices it almost feels as if he's real. I know it sounds crazy, but that's how it feels. I really hope I can get this out to the player. I want the player to understand all the characters on a deeper level and truly understand why they act the way the do, since this has always been the main goal of this game.

I'll talk to you soon :)