Idol Manager [business sim, dark comedy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Idol Manager [business sim, dark comedy]

#46 Post by Zelan »

Mikiil Spades wrote:The excitement for this game is so real. The more realistic approach to the idol industry is super refreshing. Do you have a rough idea of how much you expect to put the game up for? I don't have a lot of money, but if I can I'd like to save up for it!
At the top of page 2 of this thread, the price quoted is $10. It may or may not have changed since then (I'm not a part of the dev team).

Creazd

#47 Post by Creazd »

Looking at your 'Dev Logs' I was pleasantly surprised at how deep the sim seems to be. I really think this will do well when it is released and it's refreshing to see something a little bit different being made.

Kuiper
Regular
Completed: Cursed Lands, Trial by Fire
Projects: Necrobarista, Idol Manager
Organization: Route 59 Games
Tumblr: kuiperblog

#48 Post by Kuiper »

Hey guys, it's been awhile since I posted an update, so to catch you up on recent developments:

We have a Steam page! You can add the game to your wishlist or follow the game on Steam to get notified when it releases later this year.

We're getting really close to being complete in terms of gameplay features; the main things to be added at this point besides balancing the game are art assets and more written scenarios for the player to explore. We already have about 75% of the artwork that we'd need minimally, but we'd certainly like to include more if we can. We've posted several videos to the Steam page that showcase the features we currently have implemented, so be sure to give them a watch if you'd like to see some gameplay footage.

Also, regarding the price, back in 2016 I had posted that $10 was our intended price point. The game's scope has increased quite a lot since that point, both in terms of the amount of content and gameplay features on offer and the amount of polish we're putting into it, so the launch price will be closer to $15. I hope this increase isn't a dealbreaker for anyone, we're really happy with the current state of the game and I think that once it's out people will be satisfied with the value they're getting for the price.
Necrobarista - serve coffee to the living and the dead
Idol Manager - experience the glamour and dangers of the pop idol industry
Cursed Lands - a mix of high fantasy and gothic horror

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#49 Post by JBShields »

Thanks for the update! Can't wait for its release!