Eldet [BxB] [Fantasy/Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
marccus
Tumblr: rnarccus

Eldet [BxB] [Fantasy/Romance]

#1 Post by marccus »

PLAY THE PRE-DEMO TEASER

The current publicly released build of the game is meant to get people acquainted with the gameplay mechanics and personality of the main character, as well as displaying the GUI elements of the game.

Links to download the pre-demo(works on linux, mac, and pc)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2gLha ... RFaFk/view
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r71z8 ... .0-all.zip
What is Eldet?

Eldet is an upcoming gay visual novel/dating sim game taking place in a late medieval fantasy setting with locations based loosely on Andalusia (southern Spain), Sweden, Algeria, and eastern India

One of the goals of Eldet is to include characters of racial and ethnic backgrounds that are normally excluded in the fantasy genre, as well as having a cast of love interests with body types that suffer from a lack of representation in games which have romance mechanics.

Demo expected to be released in late May of 2016, kickstarter to follow shortly afterwards.

--

Plot

You play as Kunal, a young man, who has spent nearly a third of his life studying at a college of mages only to realize that, despite coming from a family of famous mages, he may have no magical powers of his own. Nevertheless, when he is contacted by a mysterious "tomb raider" seeking to hire a mage for a purpose he won't disclose, he seizes upon the opportunity to leave--whatever the consequences.

The pre-demo teaser opens into a scene that plays out prior to your departure from the college, and the full demo will reveal what is the tomb raider hired you to do, ending with the discovery that you may not be so powerless after all.
Following the content of the demo, the full game will include six full character paths filled with choices which will subtly influence both your character's personality, as well as the outcome of the final act, which will be unlocked after completing the six character paths.

--

Character List and Art

(Characters in pre-demo teaser)

Kunal, the player character._________________________________________Aadita, your best friend.

ImageImage

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Love interests who will appear in the full demo)

Tariq, the tomb raider_________________________________________Faaron, the mercenary

ImageImage

(The last 4 love interests who will appear in the full game)
Thanh_______________________________________________________Ehsanh__________________________________________________________Amal

ImageImageImage

Bradach

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Background Art examples
The following images are sized down versions of completed background art that will appear in the demo.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

General game information
-All art assets in the game are painted from scratch in photoshop and SAI.
-The music featured in the game are original compositions.
-The pre-demo teaser takes less than 10 minutes to complete
-The full demo is expected to take just under an hour to complete, and represents only a small fraction of the total play time expected from the full game

Development Information
I began early development of Eldet in November of 2015, using ideas I had originally come up with for intended use in a comic. This is my first time trying to make a visual novel (or any kind of video game) but already I've found that it's a medium well suited to the story I want to tell. I've been actively working on it since January of this year.
All art, music, GUI design, programming, and writing is being done by myself, and so far I haven't run into any issues! It's quite a lot of work, but I've been enjoying the process.
PLAY THE PRE-DEMO TEASER

Links to download the pre-demo(works on linux, mac, and pc)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2gLha ... RFaFk/view
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r71z8 ... .0-all.zip

My intention in posting here is to raise awareness for the project and get people excited about it! As stated before, I will be launching a kickstarter to get funding for the full game after the demo is released, and getting as many people in the know about the game is one of my top priorities. If you enjoyed the teaser, please tell your friends about it, have them play it!

Further information on game development can be found on my main art tumblr blog(18+): https://rnarccus.tumblr.com/
As well as the game development blog(18+): https://eldet-development.tumblr.com/

If you are unable to download or play the game, please let me know! I will try my best to help you get things working :)
Last edited by marccus on Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

isak grozny
Regular
Projects: The Bitter Drop [Modern Fantasy][Gay Romance][BxB]
itch: grrozny

Re: Eldet [BxB] [Fantasy/Romance][commercial]

#2 Post by isak grozny »

Damn, the art looks good! That plus love interests that don't look like typical VN love interests has got me interested for sure.

Miyuu
Regular
Completed: Iris Dream

Re: Eldet [BxB] [Fantasy/Romance]

#3 Post by Miyuu »

This! This is one game that I'l be looking forward to! It sounds interesting. Also, I can say that I'm 100% in love with the arts, so pretty. *_* Is this going to be a commercial game? If it is, I'll be buying this when it comes out.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#4 Post by Aviala »

Your game seems really interesting, I'll definitely play it once it comes out! : ) It's nice to see more painted/realistic styles on visual novels.

marccus
Tumblr: rnarccus

#5 Post by marccus »

Thanks folks! and Miyuu, yes it's going to be a commercial game in the end--though when I launch the kickstarter to get funding, the lowest donation reward tier will be a copy of the game (which will cost half of what the full game will be sold for).

Also, here's some more images!

The first is the cast of all the romanceable characters in the same frame so show their relative heights:

(larger resolution for the image can be found here: https://eldet-development.tumblr.com/po ... options-in

And the second image is a preview of a scene I'm currently working on:

(larger resolution here: https://eldet-development.tumblr.com/po ... y-wip-blog

BáiYù
Regular
Completed: This Life Escapes Me, Up All Night, Lotus: The Self-Made Witch
Projects: Various
Organization: tofurocks, Fiendish Fiction, Spider Lily Studios
Github: baiyu-dev
itch: tofurocks

#6 Post by BáiYù »

This is a great project that I'm really excited for. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to participate in the Kickstarter when it comes around (finances are tight right now), but I'll definitely spread the word.

Also, you'll probably want to get in contact with Obscurasoft if you haven't already. She's the developer of Coming Out On Top and I'm sure that she would love to share your game with her fanbase.

Best of luck to you, and I look forward to more updates.
Games and supplementary Ren'Py codes

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular
Completed: The Crystal Castle
Projects: My Ninja Life

#7 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

Just played the demo and I LOVE it! Can´t wait for the finished game!

riverbluesbear
Regular
Projects: RTANMUSSB!

#8 Post by riverbluesbear »

Oh my god, I am LOVING all of the POC T.T