Mark's Story {BxB}{Friendship}{Romance} Demo up

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

Mark's Story {BxB}{Friendship}{Romance} Demo up

#1 Post by infel »

Demo- http://www.mediafire.com/download/y33cz ... .0-all.zip

(Please note the demo is an early example. There is no GUI, music, and only one CG. That'll change in the full version of the demo which will have the entire common route.)

Story- With recently coming out, it’s as if a weight has finally been lifted off of his shoulders. However with now with his new life style Mark has come to learn that things will change for him; not only in his love life but also with those around him. Go through his story and see just how his new life will unfold with three guys him who also seem to have their own secrets and problems like everybody else.

Gameplay- Mark's story is a light hearted story focusing on a boy named Mark and three guys who he befriends. Each guy has there own path and dilemma, some routes being more dramatic then others. The story itself isn't mean to be a big drama story, but does focusing a bit on what's it's like coming out, though this plays more in a certain route.

Characters

Mark- A chubby and lovable guy who has recently come out. With finally accepting who he is, Mark secretly longs to hopefully find a guy who will accept him for him, but is a bit afraid of doing so since he's never been good with dating. He's a bit of a childish and lazy guy, but is caring and tries his best. His hobbies are video games, swimming, and something secret which he keeps from others.

Eren-Mark's best friend. He's accepted the fact that Mark likes guys though sometimes he gets a bit awkward when the subject comes up. Eren is very protective of Mark, despite him being the weakest in terms of strength. He cares deeply for Mark though and only wants the best of him, though sometimes he's a bit hard to handle. Eren is friendship, short tempered, and creative though sometimes his own ambitious take a tole on those around. He's currently unsure if he sees Mark as a friend or....something else.

Kage- A new resident in the apartment complex. He quickly befriends Mark after a rather awkward encounter. Kage is the opposite of Eren; calm, cool, and always one to try and see the bright things in life. Sadly he's also someone who runs away from his problems and has a hard time dealing with his mistakes. Like Mark he is gay, but is more adventurous. He's hiding from a past which nearly destroyed his family.

Kane- Kage's older brother. He works as a bartender and waiter at the Lotus Bar. Kage is diligent, hard working, and at times serious though he's easy to fluster. Currently he's watching over Kage, but he hopes his brother will finally grow up. When not making drinks, Kage has a secret hobby that's he's embarrassed about others finding out, especially his brother.
Like Mark, Kage isn't good with romance, but he does have a certain type...he likes. Mark's a good example of what that is.

Features:
~Three Routes with two ends
~Light hearted story
~Likable mc
~Many choice options
~Because character art

Credits
Elle~Lead of the project, writing, and coder
Miki~Sprite and CG artist
LadyOfGatsby-GUI
Paper Door Studios-Logo

Notes- Mark's story is set to be a relatively short and light hearted game, but focuses on some important things. Though light hearted the story will have it's drama and may not be very comical. Also as you can see Mark isn't your normal BxB mc. I know that may be a put off for some, but I want to add something new to the VN world and hopefully give a more positive image on different body types.

As for progress the common route is finished, about 23,000 words, and once I code it all in I'll show it to people. Right now I do have a small demo up of the first half of the game to give people a look at on what the game is going to do. Note this demo is new and may have some bugs or mistakes. I'll fix that in the full version.
Last edited by infel on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

audrenes
Regular
Projects: Phoenix, Swan Lake, Kiss Me X
Tumblr: ajmakesvns

Re: Mark's Story {BxB}{Friendship}{Romance} Demo up

#2 Post by audrenes »

Let me start by saying all of them look so cuuuuuute!! Especially Mark! He looks like a precious cinnamon bun and I already want him to just be happy oh my gosh ;___; His love interests look like cool guys to have him hold hands with. Aaaahhh I wish I had enough free time to play the demo, the premise looks adorable, and I can't wait until I have some elbow room to play it! I'll definitely come back with solid feedback once I do, though!

Letitia_L
Regular
Projects: Up until the end
IRC Nick: Letitia
Tumblr: letigame
Deviantart: LetitiaLambrechts
itch: https://letigame.itc

#3 Post by Letitia_L »

I just played the demo, and I have to say : I really loved it !
There is not enough bxb game out there ^^

My favorite character was Kane and I really liked Kage too ^^
Can't wait to see the full version of the demo !
WIP project
Completed project

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

It has been a few weeks since the last update. I'm hoping that this story is still a work in progress, and that it will be finished in the near future.
infel wrote:With finally accepting who he is, Mark secretly longs to hopefully find a guy who will accept him for him, but is a bit afraid of doing so since he's never been good with dating. He's a bit of a childish and lazy guy, but is caring and tries his best.
I consider the main character sympathetic. He seems to be an ordinary flawed person with plausible insecurities.
infel wrote:Eren is very protective of Mark, despite him being the weakest in terms of strength. He cares deeply for Mark though and only wants the best of him, though sometimes he's a bit hard to handle. ... He's currently unsure if he sees Mark as a friend or....something else.
If the two characters stay just friends, would that be a good ending? A bad ending? Or somewhere in between?