Huracan seas[all gender, dark fantasy, romance, hybrid VN]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xand
Regular

Re: Shattered sky [16+ Survival, fantastic, fantasy, romance

#16 Post by Xand »

We are ready to introduce our first companion! Her name is Iris and you could read a bit about her in first post. We will also introduce one more girl Eve later and two more boys Nikhaur and Rem after Eve, so stay turned! Here is Iris huge image http://img03.deviantart.net/225d/i/2016 ... a8uoul.png

Xand
Regular

#17 Post by Xand »

We want to add some Turn based strategy battles to our VN and because of that I will need to draw main hero, male and female version. I wanted to ask you guys, what hair color our main hero should have? It will be splendid if you comment here your opinions.

Arkhane
Regular

#18 Post by Arkhane »

Hello there :3
Crimson or white could be nice. (I admit, I'm not found of realistic colors :3)
Why don't you make a pole by the way? I'm sure you'll have more answer this way proposing colors ^^
For exemple : Turquoise, Pink, Crimson, White, Silver, naturals colors....

Your drawing are really nice, it's a shame that it's only in russian :(
By the way if I recall correctly, the demo was really really short when I tried it. is it ok? or is it supposed to be long?
I had a dialog between the daughter and mum and that's it.

Byebye :3

Silken Sail
Regular
Projects: Henchman Story
itch: silkensail

#19 Post by Silken Sail »

This looks like it has a lot of potential. I love how colorful and vibrant your art is, and the survival/puzzle elements could add a lot of weight to player's choices, which is great. I could see this being very good, and at minimum, it is going to look fantastic.

However, as to your latest post about adding a battle system, I think you need to start worrying about your project's scope.

As Telltale's The Walking Dead proved when it first received all those accolades a few years ago, survival and puzzle elements blend nicely with the idea of making important decisions that affect the narrative and provide more than enough gameplay to make what is essentially a choose your own adventure story turn into a mainstream, successful video game. You don't necessarily need anything else. Yes, you have the potential to make a bigger, better game that could draw in a new audience by adding a great battle system, but you are essentially adding in an entirely new game on top of your existing game that I'm not sure you need. You're using the right engine for such an endeavor in Unity, but it's still very risky!

In game development, there's a saying that you need to "find the fun" of a game and focus in on it. To me, you have a beautiful art style, interesting character designs (I love that rocket launcher!), a unique setting and a potentially very interesting gameplay smoothie of survival, puzzle and narrative decision making. If you focus on those core features and polish them until they're as good as possible, then I think you'll have a much better game than if you have a bunch more features that aren't as polished.

But that's just my two cents! With a crack team of coders and designers, you could very well pull off a great battle system. I may eat crow! But not knowing your experience and seeing that this is your studio's first game, I would advise limiting scope.

Xand
Regular

#20 Post by Xand »

Arkhane wrote:Hello there :3
Crimson or white could be nice. (I admit, I'm not found of realistic colors :3)
Why don't you make a pole by the way? I'm sure you'll have more answer this way proposing colors ^^
For exemple : Turquoise, Pink, Crimson, White, Silver, naturals colors....

Your drawing are really nice, it's a shame that it's only in russian :(
By the way if I recall correctly, the demo was really really short when I tried it. is it ok? or is it supposed to be long?
I had a dialog between the daughter and mum and that's it.

Byebye :3
I see your point. I didn't found how I can create pole here =))
About Demo, it was so short because of tyranobuilder import problems, most of people was playing fine, but lot of people report problems include game crush on a first answer. We decide to make a game using Unity engine to fix all previous problems, so expect new demo in a few months and it will be translated!
Silken Sail wrote:This looks like it has a lot of potential. I love how colorful and vibrant your art is, and the survival/puzzle elements could add a lot of weight to player's choices, which is great. I could see this being very good, and at minimum, it is going to look fantastic.

However, as to your latest post about adding a battle system, I think you need to start worrying about your project's scope.

As Telltale's The Walking Dead proved when it first received all those accolades a few years ago, survival and puzzle elements blend nicely with the idea of making important decisions that affect the narrative and provide more than enough gameplay to make what is essentially a choose your own adventure story turn into a mainstream, successful video game. You don't necessarily need anything else. Yes, you have the potential to make a bigger, better game that could draw in a new audience by adding a great battle system, but you are essentially adding in an entirely new game on top of your existing game that I'm not sure you need. You're using the right engine for such an endeavor in Unity, but it's still very risky!

In game development, there's a saying that you need to "find the fun" of a game and focus in on it. To me, you have a beautiful art style, interesting character designs (I love that rocket launcher!), a unique setting and a potentially very interesting gameplay smoothie of survival, puzzle and narrative decision making. If you focus on those core features and polish them until they're as good as possible, then I think you'll have a much better game than if you have a bunch more features that aren't as polished.

But that's just my two cents! With a crack team of coders and designers, you could very well pull off a great battle system. I may eat crow! But not knowing your experience and seeing that this is your studio's first game, I would advise limiting scope.
Hello. Our team now thinking hard about your suggestions because you might be right and battle system may make project looks worse than without battle system. However Walking Dad have a perfect, genius narrative writer and excellent plot. I can't be sure we will be able to make same lvl of writings. We don't want to make a complex battle system like another game, more like we want to add a bit of action to game, to make player rest from reading and attract him by adding something he could interact with. We now trying to think of some easy to make and simple but fun battle system that will not take lot of attention from main game but will add to game a bit of action. If we fail to create this game concept, we most likely will not add battle system. It is 50\50 chances now.

We are often add some concepts and delete them to make game looks interesting and cover our weak sides. And your comment was very helpful indeed, I highly appreciate it. You with your post confirmed our teams fears and now we are know that not only we have doubts but people outside. And I'm really glad someone tell this.

We decided to create new Demo, where we will add all we want for now and test it and also show here, so you all could play and leave feedback.

Silken Sail
Regular
Projects: Henchman Story
itch: silkensail

#21 Post by Silken Sail »

No worries, glad you found that feedback helpful!

Action is definitely something VNs and story-based games have struggled with for a long time, so your design reasoning for wanting to add some kind of system for combat is perfectly valid. Since Shenmue, many games have used quick-time events as a solution, but it's kind of a half-measure. I don't know what a good, scope friendly solution might be, but prototyping and playtesting is definitely the way to find out! Hopefully you find a good compromise.

Xand
Regular

#22 Post by Xand »

Today we're going to tell you about gods, worshiped by people of Nereus. This world serves as a home for divine entities, who look after its inhabitants and are responsible for everything that takes place on the planet. There are 12 gods in total, who are worshipped across the globe.

Snakeskin Raven - is god of diseases and decay appears as the instead of feathers. People pray to him to avoid and cure illnesses.

The one responsible for growth and organic development is pictured as the Winged Bear. Those call upon him who wants to ensure their children grow strong and healthy or to ask for their livestock to be fine and large.

Time hear is a domain of the Three-eyed Cat. He is the one who whispers when a disease is coming, when an offspring is on the way or when someone is going to face his end. However, the Cat knows only «When» and «How long», whereas the Bear and the Raven are proficient to tell «How».

All souls of living creatures are taken under the wing of the Star Dove. Those pray to him, that seek peace of mind and soul.

For souls, for those who died and await reincarnation, people pray to the Fire Coyotl.

Chancellery of soul stay and rebirth is a domain of the genderless Man with eight spider legs, Archiztal. The knowledge of when soul leaves the world of living and when it settles in a new body is kept inside the Chancellery.

Xand
Regular

#23 Post by Xand »

Good news, everyone! We are back, full of inspiration and seashells in our pockets. We brought you a concept art of Eve and a fresh announcement: on 25 of August (plus or minus a couple of days) there will be release of a new demo-version. You’ll find there some new backgrounds and new character designs, based on your recent criticism, wishes and suggestions.

Geckos
Veteran
Completed: Brilliant Shadows, Perceptions of the Dead, The Phantom Icecream Truck
Projects: Embers of Magic, Pale Spectrum, Perceptions of the Dead
Organization: Ithaqua Labs
Tumblr: geckosart
Deviantart: sitaart

#24 Post by Geckos »

Love the look of this ^^
The painterly style is just lovely. And the little emblems for the gods are fun, too.
Image ImageImage

CSV
Regular
Tumblr: csvidaldraws
Deviantart: csvidal
itch: csvidal

#25 Post by CSV »

The artwork looks beautiful, and I love the idea of it being animated. An aventure and survival plot is interesting as well. =D

I will try to play the demo when it comes out in English. However, I did see the demo page and it says that "Plot length will be 10-15 walkthrough hours, 2 main plot endings and 2 endings for each love interest." Does this mean that you can get only a plot ending OR a romance ending? Or do the plot endings and the romance endings intersect?

I would also like to know why the age rating is 16+. :?:

My only concern about this game are the characters, though I might be wrong about this since they have not been fully disclosed yet. What I mean is that you should try avoiding double standards for the male and female love interests. From what I can see so far, not only do Iris and Eve have skimpy and impratical outfits, but one of them is referred to as a "puppet" calling the protagonist "master" and the other "has no outstanding personality traits", with even her clothes being given to her by the main character.
Then you have Nikaur saying ""Sometimes I think about you, but more often I think about myself.", which alone makes it seem he has a lot more personality than either of the girls. I have seen way too many games that do this, by which I mean treating the female and male characters differently, in the sense that the girls are always submissive and the boys always more dominant, even when women are the audience or part of it.
☆☆☆
(portfolio)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Arkhane
Regular

#26 Post by Arkhane »

Xand wrote:Good news, everyone! We are back, full of inspiration and seashells in our pockets. We brought you a concept art of Eve and a fresh announcement: on 25 of August (plus or minus a couple of days) there will be release of a new demo-version. You’ll find there some new backgrounds and new character designs, based on your recent criticism, wishes and suggestions.

Welcome back !
I'm eargerly waiting for the 25th of August
Nice drawing :3

Xand
Regular

#27 Post by Xand »

CSV wrote:The artwork looks beautiful, and I love the idea of it being animated. An aventure and survival plot is interesting as well. =D

I will try to play the demo when it comes out in English. However, I did see the demo page and it says that "Plot length will be 10-15 walkthrough hours, 2 main plot endings and 2 endings for each love interest." Does this mean that you can get only a plot ending OR a romance ending? Or do the plot endings and the romance endings intersect?

I would also like to know why the age rating is 16+. :?:

My only concern about this game are the characters, though I might be wrong about this since they have not been fully disclosed yet. What I mean is that you should try avoiding double standards for the male and female love interests. From what I can see so far, not only do Iris and Eve have skimpy and impratical outfits, but one of them is referred to as a "puppet" calling the protagonist "master" and the other "has no outstanding personality traits", with even her clothes being given to her by the main character.
Then you have Nikaur saying ""Sometimes I think about you, but more often I think about myself.", which alone makes it seem he has a lot more personality than either of the girls. I have seen way too many games that do this, by which I mean treating the female and male characters differently, in the sense that the girls are always submissive and the boys always more dominant, even when women are the audience or part of it.
Hello and thank you for reply!
The game will be balanced like Dragon Age series, when you play a game to gain one of the main plot endings, but you will also gain romance ending, so it will be Plot ending + romance ending + titres where we will tell about what happened to others and to the planet.

The age rating will be 16+ because it allow slight erotics but you still can go to steam or google play. So no hentai but you will have something ;)

About characters, our game will take action in tropical jungles and cities, deserts, its a bit hot here, because of that, most of our characters half naked males included. They don't have shoes, but the biggest world problem is - shoes, they are expensive and hard to obtain. Often other people will want to steal your shoes.

About personalities, don't worry, Iris will have personality, but she will gain it by learning from other people, sometimes she may learn something bad, try to protect her from it, especially from Nikaur stupid jokes. Iris is strong, but in same time she have weaknesses, main character should protect her, and she will protect you.
Eve was our hardest person to think of, and we spent lots of time to make her interesting. In result her personality will be bright. She is Wild as jungle cat, scratch her back and she will scratch your. Most likely you will never know what to expect from her also she is passionate, maybe too passionate.
Nikaur - our smiling sword master, egoistic and with some sense of humor. I can't say more because we are still working on him.
Rem - he is a doctor, a leader and clever man. He is obsessed with the goal and female characters may find it hard to pursue romance with him. He think more about his mission than about some girls around.
Characters will react on main hero gender the same with slight changes, because most of situations will be surviving, when you try not to die, there is no matter if you girl or boy, just save your group and run!

Xand
Regular

#28 Post by Xand »

Good day, everyone! Today we’ll show you a side character, who goes by the nickname The Silent One. Being a member of the Phoenix group, this young man is as mysterious, as any other person at the Tower. Also known by worshipping the Sixpawed Fox.

pinto minto
Regular
Projects: Skeletons of a Demon

#29 Post by pinto minto »

beautiful art!

Xand
Regular

#30 Post by Xand »

Work progress:
We finally decided where to move, what to do, and what no to do.
Plot is ready and written around 8000 words.
There will be 5 locations 2 hours gameplay each + may be some extra scenes. We Aim for 10-15 hours gameplay. First location is half ready.
Around 30 characters same amount of backgrounds and CG
Mini 20 minutes Demo is ready and translated, we are waiting for proofreading.
12 backgrounds and 11 sprites are ready
Main characters drawings are still in progress.
Expect demo and Site and Lemma forum thread update soon.

And Main thing, We decide to change name to "Huracan seas"

And for you here is new Art, A lil girl you will be working with ;)