Up until the end [GxB][Suspense,Romance,Friendship] Full Game Released!!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Letitia_L
Regular
Projects: Up until the end
IRC Nick: Letitia
Tumblr: letigame
Deviantart: LetitiaLambrechts
itch: https://letigame.itc

Update 09/01/2018

#16 Post by Letitia_L »

Happy New Year everyone!
I hope the year 2018 will be good for all of you :)

For ‘Up until the end’, I decided something: I will release a new version of the demo.
This polished demo will be more representative of the quality of the full game. It means at least improved sprites and backgrounds, new GUI,more sound effect and little changes in the story.
I am working on it, and I hope that it will be done soon :)

Other than that, I worked on programming ( I have the impression that I start all of my update like that x) )
Also, do you remember when I improved Erika’s sprite? Well, I did the same on Matt’s :)
I hope that you will like it !

The progress so far:

Story : 100%
Sprites : 60%
Backgrounds : 34%
CG : 0%
GUI : 95%
Sounds and Music : 55%
Programming : 65%
Proofreading: 98%

And that’s it for this update ;)
Thank you for your support!
WIP project
Completed project

Letitia_L
Regular

Update 22/01/2018

#17 Post by Letitia_L »

Hi there!

This week I worked on drawing some sprites for Matt and polished the background image for the main menu, maybe I will show that in the next update :p
So I’m still working on the new version of the demo, more slowly that I wished but it’s progressing in the right way.

For this update here’s Amanda new sprites that I improved like Erika’s and Matt’s.

The progress so far:
Sprites : 65%
Backgrounds : 37%
CG : 0%
Sounds and Music : 55%
Programming : 68%

WIP project
Completed project

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Up until the end [GxB][Suspense,Romance,Friendship] DEMO

#18 Post by Zelan »

The updated GUI and sprites look amazing! :) Your art has really improved.

Letitia_L
Regular

#19 Post by Letitia_L »

Thank you very much Zelan! I am happy that you see the improvement :D
There is not many people who answer me, so I'm grateful to have your feedback.

If you want, a new version of the demo will be out during the next days, all of these improvements will be inside, and some other improvements as well. :wink:

WIP project
Completed project

Letitia_L
Regular

#20 Post by Letitia_L »

Hi there!

It took a while, but I’m happy to say that the version 1.2 of the demo is released!

Download Link : https://letigame.itch.io/up-until-the-end

What is new in this version :
  • Little changes in the story
  • Backgrounds and sprites have been polished
  • Characters’s eyes are now blinking
  • Amanda and Matt have a sprite with a second pose
  • More sounds effects
  • Polished GUI + Background of the main menu
  • One CG
I would love to know what you think of the demo! So don’t hesitate to give me feedback or comments :)
WIP project
Completed project

Letitia_L
Regular

Update 07/03/2018

#21 Post by Letitia_L »

Hi there!

It’s been a while since the last update ( since the last post was about the demo ^^ )

First I hope that you like it if you tried the new version of the demo ^^ I’m now working on everything that is left!

I made some little animated effect ( such as rain ). I also drew a background and a CG.

Here’s a little sneek a peek of the background ( this is just the lines, I want to keep the surprise. ) :p

The progress so far:

Sprites : 70%
Backgrounds : 39%
CG : 2%
Sounds and Music : 60%
Programming : 70%

WIP project
Completed project

Letitia_L
Regular

Update 24/03/2018

#22 Post by Letitia_L »

Hi there!

I hope that you’re all doing fine! For me, I’m quite happy of the progress that I made :D

I programmed a bit, made a sprite for a new character, started a sprite for another new character, drew 3 backgrounds and 1 CG.

So here’s the sprite for one of the new characters that you’ll encounter during your adventure! Who is he? How is he involved in your story?

The progress so far:
Sprites : 77%
Backgrounds : 49%
CG : 5%
Sounds and Music : 65%
Programming : 75%

WIP project
Completed project

Letitia_L
Regular

Update 17/04/2018

#23 Post by Letitia_L »

Hi there!

I came back to my parent’s house for a little vacation so I didn’t work a lot since the last update ^^

But I draw two CG and I’ve done some programming ^^

The progress so far:
Backgrounds : 49%
CG : 8%
Sounds and Music : 65%
Programming : 77%

WIP project
Completed project

Letitia_L
Regular

Update 16/05/2018

#24 Post by Letitia_L »

Hi there!

It’s been too long since the last update, sorry ><
I didn’t have the time for ‘Up until the end’ for almost two weeks, but I managed to get some work done :)
I drew 3 CG and 6 backgrounds :D
I didn’t do a lot of programming though.

And here’s a new pose for Matt!

The progress so far:
Backgrounds : 57%
CG : 12%
Sounds and Music : 67%
Programming : 78%

WIP project
Completed project

Letitia_L
Regular

Update 19/06/2018

#25 Post by Letitia_L »

Hi there!

Sorry, again, for taking so long with the updates!
I’m looking for a job right now, and I have to take on art tests to have a possibility to have an interview, so it’s taking some of my time.
However, I had the time to work on ‘Up until the end’.
I’ve done some programming and a lot of drawing.
I worked on 6 CG, 4 backgrounds and a little on sprites.

Here’s a little sneak a peek with Matt! Hmmm what did you deserved? :o

The progress so far:
Sprites : 80%
Backgrounds : 63%
CG : 20%
Sounds and Music : 70%
Programming : 82%

WIP project
Completed project

elsee

#26 Post by elsee »

hi! ive been lurking around lemmasoft for quite a long while now and i have actually played your game before you updated the sprites and everything. It just baffles me why you arent constantly buried in praise because you should be! haha sorry, im just so into the story and premise of your game. Like what the heck is happening?! Honestly, when i first downloaded it before, i wasn't expecting anything, i was pleasantly surprised though after reading through it all and i thought the author was dreamgazer/poisonappletales because it was giving me vibes that sort of felt like that one game she made which was "death room." Anyway i just wanted to say that i support you and i really appreciate all the updates :) Aja! fighting!

Letitia_L
Regular

#27 Post by Letitia_L »

Hi elsee!

Thank you very much for your kind words! You can't image how much it makes me happy ><
I remember playging the visual novel "death room" a while ago and I liked it, so I'm happy that you though that you had the same vibes from my game and that you liked it :D

Thank you very much for your support! I really hope that you will like the full game when it will be released :)
WIP project
Completed project

Semicolonkid
Regular
Projects: Summoned
itch: semicolonkid

#28 Post by Semicolonkid »

I did a playthrough of your demo! I'll go through your questions here...

-Did you enjoy it overall? What did you like the most in the demo?
Yes, I did enjoy it! I think what I liked most was how well you handled the tone. The music, sounds, and visuals all feel very cohesive and contribute to a strong sense of mystery and anticipation. The menu music and image are great together.

-Who is your favorite character and why?
Heh, I think right now it's Erika. Even though she doesn't say a word, I felt that her character was very realistically portrayed for a little girl in her situation. She seemed genuine.

-Who is your least favorite character and why?
...Do you mean, aside from the evil #@^!$*% who threatened to torture and probably kill me?
Out of the main cast, I don't want to say Matt, cause I'm sure he'll grow on me, but I guess I've never been the biggest fan of the "rugged macho guy annoys girl who gets him to soften up and falls for him" trope. But that's just me. I think he's well-written, and I know that archetype is often used so the character has room to grow.

-What do you think of the protagonist ? Can you relate to her?
I rarely play female protagonists. Ever. And that's purely because I'm a dude and I have an easier time immersing myself in a story when viewing it through the eyes of a dude. So when I was prompted to enter a name, I realized I had no idea what I would want to put, haha (ended up putting "Christina" in honor of Steins;Gate).
That said, I like her character! I found it really interesting how you had a number of choices that were "freak out over this situation this way or that way?" I've always liked the idea of those kinds of "lose/lose" choices that make a character's realistic reaction still feel like a decision. And, yeah, I certainly felt as though all her fear was pretty damn relatable.

-What is your opinion of the artwork?
I'm impressed! I'm a big fan of a number of the backgrounds in particular, as your style of shading fits them well. My honest take on the character sprites is: Could use some polish, but they are quite nicely done. I wish I could draw people that well.

-What do you think of the story so far?
It's absolutely compelling! You've got a great start! I guess I did feel like there was a surprising amount of time spent staring at almost total blackness in the beginning, but you've set everything up very well. The demo stopped at a great point to leave me wondering what happens next!

-Was it something that bothered you about the game?
Are you asking if the story bothered me? If so, no. Not at all.

-Did you find any typos or spelling mistakes?
Yes. But I'm a bit of a slow reader and I tend to pay a lot of attention to grammar. If I had to guess, I think I'd say roughly 5-10% of the lines had at least some sort of grammatical error, though overall the text was well-written and the errors were small.
However, one error I would definitely recommend you fix is this: "Unknow Man/Woman" should be "Unknown Man/Woman." With an "n" at the end of the word "Unknown." I imagine you probably only need to fix that in a couple spots, but that nametag kept popping up and kept bothering me, haha.

-What would you say needs the most improvement?
Hmm, that's a good question. Maybe this is nitpicky, but I felt that some of your sound effects were a little painful on the ears. It's not really a volume thing, it's more of a frequency thing. The door unlocking, the loud bang outside the door, and I think one or two other sounds seemed to pierce a lot more than the rest of the sounds. If you know how to EQ sound files, I think lowering the higher frequencies on those ones would make them much more comfortable to hear while still allowing them to be loud. But I don't know, I seem to pay more attention to those kinds of things than the average person.
That said, your sound effects overall were actually excellent, in addition to the soundtrack. The fire scene in the beginning was particularly effective.

-Do you think you'll play the finished game once it's released?
I'd like to, yes! I'm not sure I'd replay it again and again, but I'm definitely intrigued by the story, and you've done a wonderful job setting your tone!

- The protagonist doesn't have a sprite. Did it bothered you? Did it help you to relate to her or would you prefer her to have one?
I guess I was glad I saw a shot of her early on to get a sense for what she looked like, but no, the lack of a sprite for her didn't bother me. Personally, I would like it if she was shown every now and then, like in a CG here or there. But I don't think I'd want her to have a sprite that's always talking on screen.

-Any other comments?
Yes, several.
The color blue you used for Matt's name is, in my opinion, a little hard to read. I would recommend brightening the color and lowering the saturation on it a little.
The choice graphics look like they're misaligned in the middle for some reason.
I really like how you put all the options off to the right instead of on the bottom like they are by default. It felt like your UI used the space very efficiently.
I know you didn't write the music, but the tracks you used fit your story very nicely! Aside from my critique on the harsh sounds, I think the audio of your VN is well done!
Overall, this is extremely impressive for your first solo project! I'm sorry, a lot of my critiques are probably way more technical in nature than you were expecting, but I think it's important to get feedback on those kinds of things too.

Keep it up! You're doing wonderfully!!!

Letitia_L
Regular

#29 Post by Letitia_L »

Hi Semicolonkid!

Thank you very much for playing the demo and for your detailed feedback!

I'm very happy that you enjoyed it :)
Thank you for your positive critic about the tone of the game.

I'm happy that you liked Erika even if she's really quiete for now. Like you said, a little child would be quite choqued in this kind of situation and I wanted to portrayed that.

You're the first one to talk about these man! It logical that it's them that you would dislke the most after what they did to you ><
For Matt, I totally understand that you're not the biggest fan of this kind of character ^^ It's just that for me, it's these kind of characters which I'm attracted to in visual novel, so I wanted to writte him that way :)

It's true that it's a little different as you're a guy to identify yourself to the protagonist ^^ Good choice of name though!
I'm happy that you liked the character and the amount of choices that you can make for her reaction :)

Code: Select all

-What is your opinion of the artwork?
I'm impressed! I'm a big fan of a number of the backgrounds in particular, as your style of shading fits them well. My honest take on the character sprites is: Could use some polish, but they are quite nicely done. I wish I could draw people that well.
Thank you :D I'm not that good at drawing characters, but I hope to improve myself with time :)

I'm really happy that you like the start of the story and that you're wondering what will happen next, it's exactly what I wanted :)

Sadly, yes, I know that this is a problem as english is not my native language :( I will try to ask people to proofread a second/ third time to reduce the amount of errors. ( The unknown error is corrected in the script of the whole game, but not in the demo, I'm sorry >< )

-What would you say needs the most improvement?
Hmm, that's a good question. Maybe this is nitpicky, but I felt that some of your sound effects were a little painful on the ears. It's not really a volume thing, it's more of a frequency thing. The door unlocking, the loud bang outside the door, and I think one or two other sounds seemed to pierce a lot more than the rest of the sounds. If you know how to EQ sound files, I think lowering the higher frequencies on those ones would make them much more comfortable to hear while still allowing them to be loud. But I don't know, I seem to pay more attention to those kinds of things than the average person.
That said, your sound effects overall were actually excellent, in addition to the soundtrack. The fire scene in the beginning was particularly effective.
You're the first one to point that out about the sound effects! It's a good critic, I will make sure to try to fix that in the best of my abilities.

-Do you think you'll play the finished game once it's released?
I'd like to, yes! I'm not sure I'd replay it again and again, but I'm definitely intrigued by the story, and you've done a wonderful job setting your tone!
Thank you again :D I hope that you will like the full game when it will be released :)

I'm glad that it's good that I put a CG of her in the beginning then :) It's exaclatly what I planned to do, show her every now and then in some of the CG ^^

-Any other comments?
Yes, several.
The color blue you used for Matt's name is, in my opinion, a little hard to read. I would recommend brightening the color and lowering the saturation on it a little.
The choice graphics look like they're misaligned in the middle for some reason.
I really like how you put all the options off to the right instead of on the bottom like they are by default. It felt like your UI used the space very efficiently.
I know you didn't write the music, but the tracks you used fit your story very nicely! Aside from my critique on the harsh sounds, I think the audio of your VN is well done!
Thank you for pointing that out, I will modify that right away!
I noticed that not long ago, I will fix that for the release of the full game :)
Thank you! The music were done by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com). I'm really happy that you like the musics that I choose, I spend a good amount of time searching for it ^^

Overall, this is extremely impressive for your first solo project! I'm sorry, a lot of my critiques are probably way more technical in nature than you were expecting, but I think it's important to get feedback on those kinds of things too.
Thank you sooo much, it makes me really happy that you say that :)
There is no problem with your critics being more technical, I found it really detailed and useful! Like you said, It's important to have feeback on theses kind of things too.

Thank you again for your detailed feedback and support! :D
WIP project
Completed project

Letitia_L
Regular

Update 02/07/2018

#30 Post by Letitia_L »

Hi there!

It’s been really hot in Paris this week end, I’ve been a little sick ( I’m not so good with managing really hot weather ^^’ ) But now the temperature dropped a little, so it’s bearable again ^^
And I decided to try to post update more regularly! We’ll see if I manage to do that x)

So I’ve been quite productive! I’ve done some programming and some drawings.
I worked on 4 CG and 1 background.

If you didn’t play the last version of the demo, here’s the first CG of the game!

The progress so far:
Sprites : 80%
Backgrounds : 65%
CG : 25%
Sounds and Music : 70%
Programming : 86%

WIP project