Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop[BxG][Kinetic Novel]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
somestrangecircus
Regular
Completed: Palette Swap (NaNo 2016)
Projects: Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop
Organization: Some Strange Circus
Tumblr: somestrangecircus
Deviantart: somestrangecircus

Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop[BxG][Kinetic Novel]

#1 Post by somestrangecircus »

A young man, lonely and dissatisfied with his life, comes across a strangely colorful cake shop one day, and meets a girl who changes everything...

Yumi-chan here is a young, sweet, and naive girl who seems to be very new at the whole cake shop thing. Has an unusually high liking for colors and sweet pastries. Although she calls her business a "cake shop," she might prefer cookies.

Screenshots:

Project Director and Writer: Some Strange Circus
Background, CG, and Sprite Artist: Chiikaboom
Logo Artist: Reikun
Music: Various free sources that will be listed in the game proper
Quality Assurance: Naomi Norbez, kaenSe4, probably some other folks too
OKAY. This thread is long overdue and I'm finally nearing a point where I feel I can put one up.

Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop is a kinetic novel, projected to take about twenty to thirty minutes to play. It was supposed to be done a long time ago, but issues with various stages of production have gotten us here. But I'm finally nearing release. Script editing is the only thing left.

I have decided not to have custom GUI for this project for a few reasons, mostly because I can't afford it, also partly because I feel that development has taken long enough and for a free project I shouldn't be stressing over it so much. One day in the future, I'll probably go back and add in GUI that suits the game. For now, I hope you can forgive the lack.

I never promise dates until I'm sure, but again, script finalization is all that's left.

If you want more information on development, I have a website and a development blog, and you can get exclusive preview images by pledging to my Patreon.

Thanks for your interest!

VimislikArt
Regular
Projects: King of the Cul-De-Sac
Deviantart: vimislikart
itch: vimislikart

Re: Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop[BxG][Kinetic Novel]

#2 Post by VimislikArt »

It looks cute! I like the title treatment!

Have you given any thought to just adjusting the colors of the black alpha overlay for the text along the bottom? Even changing it up to a color more suited to the color palette can do a lot to make the screen look more vibrant.

Best of luck finishing up the project!
Check out my VN, King of the Cul-De-Sac, currently in Open Beta production! Try it out HERE!

somestrangecircus
Regular
Completed: Palette Swap (NaNo 2016)
Projects: Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop
Organization: Some Strange Circus
Tumblr: somestrangecircus
Deviantart: somestrangecircus

Re: Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop[BxG][Kinetic Novel]

#3 Post by somestrangecircus »

That's the plan, yeah! It's probably gonna be one of those last minute things I do once the script is through with edits.