https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Q91 ... 0Z3QXJjbzg
King Obsidian is the king of Suendfrei and emperor of the empire that consists of seven kingdoms. One day he fathers a precious child that one day will take the crown from him: Opal.
When the long-awaited day to hand over crown and throne has finally come, Obsidian gives Opal a final decree: to find a spouse among the children of the fellow kingdoms, so that Suendfrei may gain a strong ally for the new era of peace. Everything goes well as all guests arrive with peace and presents in their wake.
That is until...the scream of the queen wakes everyone at night upon finding her husbands body lying in his own blood.
Who had done such a murderous deed?
Will Opal find the killer among the guests? Or even among family? And will a spouse be decided upon despite the tragedy that took place?
It is time to judge and be judged, for even Suendfrei is not without sin.
Opal was destined to be ruler over Suendfrei and the empire ever since they were born. By talking to the guests and making the decisions that can change everybodies lifes, it is in their duty to find out what had happened in the castle.
The wife of King Obsidian and Opal's mother. She had found the body and doesn't want to talk to anyone. Is she hiding her murderous intentions behind false crocodile tears?
Opal's younger brother. He supports everything that Opal does and adores them. Or does he really just aim for the throne that is behind Opal?
Crown Princess of the fishing kingdom Riposo. She acts reserved and calculative, was everything possibly planned by her?
Crown Prince of the hunting kingdom Raiva. He seems aggressive and hot-tempered, did he use his sword on the king?
Crown Princess of the gemstone kingdom Voglia. She was walking around the king's chambers at night, might she also have slipped into them at one point?
Crown Prince of the clothing kingdom Zilian. He acts playful and enjoys himself just fine, did he do the murder to amuse himself?
Crown Princess of the cultivation kingdom Glod. Her kingdom is known as being brutal despite the friendly outside, did she inherit those traits as well?
Crown Prince of the mining kingdom Tanlan. He is utterly unimpressed and seems not the least bit shocked, maybe because he was the culprit?
- Solve the crime: there is a murderer among you and you have to find them. Was it someone of the family? Was it a guest? Can you even solve the riddle, in case it was you?
- Dynamic Endings: The game features 13 endings, with certain events and choices leading up to a total of 57 individual outcomes. Did this character survive? Did you regulary talk to this person? Some endings play out similary, others couldn't go more differently and you can find them all.
- Duty above all: if at least one guest survives the week, then you can marry them. There is no such thing as a bad time for a happy marriage.
- Berserk Mode: Don't want to wait until the end of the week to end the murder spree? Just take your dagger and kill the one you suspect the most. If you are correct you win the game, but be aware that even the ruler of the empire will not go unpunished, if choosing wrong.
- Ignore the murders and just enjoy a nice love life: Go on dates with the guests, visit them at night and just have a good time. Sure, they might die the next day, but why not live in the moment? Carpe Diem!
- Do absolutely nothing: no, really. I am not forcing you to decide on anything. Lock yourself in your room and hope for the best, I am not gonna stop you.
- Kill everyone: it might seem impossible at first, but you can get every single person killed in one round. Feel a thirst for blood? Murder everyone by the most unconventional means to rule alone at the end.
The game contains 42,322 dialogue blocks, 723 menus, 109 images, and 88 screens.
Random Informations (new):
So this is a PROTOTYPE, meaning, it's not finished yet.
The game mostly works, but there's something that causes the "natural" death of the people to be random. Sometimes they die when they're supposed to and sometimes they don't.
Since three endings depend on a certain amount of people dying, it is currently impossible to get Ending 1, Ending 2 and Ending 3. All other endings are possible though.
Please be also aware that it might be that female Opal has a few more issues than male Opal since I didn't playtest her as thoroughly as him.
If you notice any bigger issues, get error messages and the likes, I would appreciate to hear from them!
I will pick this back up at the end of July and try to properly finish it so you can get the full taste of mass murdering
Random Informations (old):
This game is a "Game Jam" thing of my own. I want to learn Phyton and I enjoyed this idea so I decided to give myself a strict time limit and get as far as I can.
The script was done in ~ a week (I am only finishing the last few endings, everything else is done). I will give myself one week for the sprites, one for the backgrounds, one for the CGs, then will at least the 1st Version be finished and the game be completed.
This game is mostly my experiment at getting as specific endings as possible, meaning: the game ITSELF might feel repetitiv after a while since the characters will say and do the same things.
(Which is also why there are so many menus, I literally track everything that happens with variables to give the endings out as specific as possible, even if one doesn't notice any differences during the play).
I MAY rework on that as well (making the third date on five six different than on day three or actually having some answers matter in multiple ways to create even more endings), but that is currently not planned as I mostly want people to engage in experimenting to see if they can figure out how to activate at least one of each ending (as said, there are 13 general endings).
I have not decided on going all out on CGs yet, I only know that the introduction and each general ending will get 1-2 images (of course, each ending will have its own image, but the differences in the image will be as big as the difference in the text, so sometimes it is a small detail, sometimes a entirely different image). If I find the time and motivation, I may actually make images for each berserk, each date, each visit, etc, which would end with an additional 61 CGs (6 dates + 48 visits + 7 berserks). We'll see about that once the time has come for me to work on the CGs
till June 2nd
till June 9th
UI and Icons:
till June 16th
Music and Sound:
till June 23rd
till June 30th