❦ Ellaria: Cotton & Cream [comedy/fantasy][GxB/GxG] complete

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
neuropsy
Regular
Projects: Emissary of Starlight
Tumblr: emissaryofstarlight

Re: ❦ Ellaria: Cotton & Cream [comedy/fantasy][GxB/GxG] #ilu

#16 Post by neuropsy »

Oh my gosh, as soon as I saw the studio, I knew I had to keep an eye out for this game.

The art style is lovely--soft, bright, and pleasant to the eyes. I'm especially drawn to Cream's design. I have to remark that I love the characters so far. Cream's name is pretty clever, and her personality of being ruthless in battle but adorable elsewhere reminds me a lot about one of the protagonists for my own game. Cotton's premise is super neat, too; I admit I feel rather taken aback when my friends peg me as a healer-type character, so to see the struggle of a healer who evidently disdains his powers intrigues me greatly. Also, I'm sure that the contradiction between Toffee's outward and inward attitude towards receiving attention would make for quite entertaining interactions.

Plot-wise, there's not much I can say besides I adore stories about adventures with close friends and romance stemming from established friendships, and that I wish you luck in conveying as much lore as you can about this world. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to this title's release! Is there a possibility for a demo, by any chance?
"Everyone was jumping a giant jump rope, but I was too scared to join. I was hesitant, like a child, always waiting for you."
Current Project: Emissary of Starlight

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#17 Post by minyan »

neuropsy wrote:Oh my gosh, as soon as I saw the studio, I knew I had to keep an eye out for this game.

The art style is lovely--soft, bright, and pleasant to the eyes. I'm especially drawn to Cream's design. I have to remark that I love the characters so far. Cream's name is pretty clever, and her personality of being ruthless in battle but adorable elsewhere reminds me a lot about one of the protagonists for my own game. Cotton's premise is super neat, too; I admit I feel rather taken aback when my friends peg me as a healer-type character, so to see the struggle of a healer who evidently disdains his powers intrigues me greatly. Also, I'm sure that the contradiction between Toffee's outward and inward attitude towards receiving attention would make for quite entertaining interactions.

Plot-wise, there's not much I can say besides I adore stories about adventures with close friends and romance stemming from established friendships, and that I wish you luck in conveying as much lore as you can about this world. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to this title's release! Is there a possibility for a demo, by any chance?
Thank you for your kind words! We're super pumped about the game so I hope you enjoy the final product. :D Cotton definitely knows your feels, haha. Since it's being released in such a short period of time we didn't really think a demo was necessary- and what we'd probably need for a good demo probably won't be finished until the month is halfway over, so... not this time!

Update:

Finished the cave background!
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 6.35.43 PM.png
I am flying through these backgrounds xD there are like 4 main ones that are necessary, but there are a lot more that would be nice to have, so I'm trying to get as many done in as short amount of time as possible! While still making them... you know, decent xD Backgrounds still aren't really my forte.
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#18 Post by Zelan »

minyan wrote:Backgrounds still aren't really my forte.
Please, your backgrounds are lovely. ^_^ The ones that you've posted here have been great, and Arena Circus's were awesome, too!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#19 Post by minyan »

Zelan wrote:
minyan wrote:Backgrounds still aren't really my forte.
Please, your backgrounds are lovely. ^_^ The ones that you've posted here have been great, and Arena Circus's were awesome, too!
Aw thanks ^^; I think I'm improving little by little!

Update
Lots of progress! Averxy is almost finished with Cotton's route, yaaaay. Half of the cg's are DONE! And just one more background before all of the necessary ones are done! I'll be working on extras after that!

BG example:
Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 9.14.18 AM.png
Random gui example:
Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 9.13.54 AM.png
So pumped! We've made a ton of progress and we're only on day 9 :D
ImageImage

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#20 Post by infel »

Nice to see some more fantasy stories coming to visual novel =D. I really like the design for this game and it looks cute. Besides the interesting story, I really like the design of the characters. Makes me want to see more drawings of fairies XD. Anyway I wish you guys the best of luck with this game and will play it when it comes out. Good luck with everything =).
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by minyan »

infel wrote:Nice to see some more fantasy stories coming to visual novel =D. I really like the design for this game and it looks cute. Besides the interesting story, I really like the design of the characters. Makes me want to see more drawings of fairies XD. Anyway I wish you guys the best of luck with this game and will play it when it comes out. Good luck with everything =).
If I had time I would draw all of the fairies xD Thanks, I hope you end up enjoying it!

Update:
It felt time for another update! So I'm just slowly trying to get through the rest of the cgs and supplemental backgrounds... Averxy wants to release a demo since the common route/intro whatever is pretty much done save for one bg...

So we'll see how that goes.

Have more art!
Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 1.30.59 AM.png
And Averxy finished the rough draft of Cotton's route yaaaay!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by minyan »

Update
CG'S ARE DONE AHHHHHH
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Zelan »

minyan wrote:Update
CG'S ARE DONE AHHHHHH
*airhorn noises* YEEEAAAAAAAH! :D

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by minyan »

Zelan wrote:
minyan wrote:Update
CG'S ARE DONE AHHHHHH
*airhorn noises* YEEEAAAAAAAH! :D
WOOOOH!

And noooow the title screen is done too! That completes all the art I'd hoped to get done for this game, I might do a few more simple backgrounds/expressions for the sprites as needed. And now that that's complete, I can work on another little secret something for you guys...
ImageImage

Seigetsu
Regular
Deviantart: suien

#25 Post by Seigetsu »

Congratulations on finishing all your art assets! Looks like the game is completely on track. Great productivity! Looking forward to playing the game. Keep up the good work! Everything looks amazing so far.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Zelan »

A secret something? What are you hiding from us, Minyan?

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: ❦ Ellaria: Cotton & Cream [comedy/fantasy][GxB/GxG] Demo

#27 Post by minyan »

Thanks Seigetsu!

And Zelan, I'll never tell ;)

The demo is up! https://gourmetvisual.itch.io/ellaria-cc
I can't believe it actually came together. The music is not quite in all the way, so sorry about that, but Averxy was eager to get everyone's opinions!

Also there was a problem with Dropbox updating so the extras page is unlocked when it shouldn't be. Averxy is trying to fix it because I'm leaving the country, but... Just try not to peek okay?
ImageImage

Oktolio
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked
Projects: Paint My World Anew, LoveLime!
Organization: https://gourmetvisual.itch.io/
Deviantart: Oktolio

#28 Post by Oktolio »

AH OKAY SO i'M PRETTY SURE I'M THE FIRST PERSON TO PLAY THE DEMO (since I donwloaded it right after Averxy messaged my about it lol) and it was great. I especially enjoyed the usage of my typed words like...ah well, you two know what I'm talking about ;) Cream is a silly, horny (:3c), lovable demon, Cotton is...well, (jooking this grump might be my favourite. I'm his Defense Squad after all) and Toffee, without her I'm pretty sure Cotton's Healing "Touch" would've been been something more violent.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!! Waiting impatiently for the full version. You can do it~
In Progress: Paint My World Anew, Breadbox
Finished: Heartbaked

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by minyan »

Oktolio wrote:AH OKAY SO i'M PRETTY SURE I'M THE FIRST PERSON TO PLAY THE DEMO (since I donwloaded it right after Averxy messaged my about it lol) and it was great. I especially enjoyed the usage of my typed words like...ah well, you two know what I'm talking about ;) Cream is a silly, horny (:3c), lovable demon, Cotton is...well, (jooking this grump might be my favourite. I'm his Defense Squad after all) and Toffee, without her I'm pretty sure Cotton's Healing "Touch" would've been been something more violent.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!! Waiting impatiently for the full version. You can do it~
xD I love Cotton <3 I ONLY TEASE HIM BECAUSE OF MY LOVE FOR HIM
I'm glad you liked it! I'm hoping that we can get everything together quickly, I know we have a lot of time left but I just want to be able to put all the sprites and expressions in already.

Update:
So I'm out of the country for a wedding but I've been slowly trucking along on that secret... something... I told you guys about ;) It's almost halfway doooone. <3
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Zelan »

stOP TORTURING USSSS

Sounds exciting! Give the lucky couple my congratulations, if it's not too weird to say, "Some person on the Internet is happy for you guys."