❦ Ellaria: Cotton & Cream [comedy/fantasy][GxB/GxG] complete

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: ❦ Ellaria: Cotton & Cream [comedy/fantasy][GxB/GxG] Demo

#31 Post by minyan »

Zelan wrote:stOP TORTURING USSSS

Sounds exciting! Give the lucky couple my congratulations, if it's not too weird to say, "Some person on the Internet is happy for you guys."
xDD Thanks.

And I will never stop torturing.

I'll be back tomorrow and ready to continue on the extra assets~ I hope you guys enjoyed the demo if you played, just a little bit longer until the full game is released!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

#32 Post by minyan »

I have finished what I was working on! Just a few more additional art assets and I can start programming. I'm so pumped, the game now features more unlockable content after the first play through! I hope you guys are excited :D
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#33 Post by Zelan »

Ooooh, I love unlockable content! :D This is gonna be awesome, I know it.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by minyan »

Zelan wrote:Ooooh, I love unlockable content! :D This is gonna be awesome, I know it.
Yaaay! I hope you enjoy unlocking it all >:D

It's been a while, so here's an art update! A taste of the extra backgrounds I've been working on:
Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 6.01.38 PM.png
ImageImage

Seigetsu
Regular
Deviantart: suien

#35 Post by Seigetsu »

That background looks amazing. Love the lighting and the uneven ground. Really enhances the atmosphere.

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by minyan »

Seigetsu wrote:That background looks amazing. Love the lighting and the uneven ground. Really enhances the atmosphere.
Thanks so much! I think that one's my favorite.

I've been programming like crazy and I finally finished a good chunk of it. Added some more music too- all free stuff but I think it fits xD maybe one day we'll have an original score! I'm getting excited for the release. I have to force myself not to just keep cranking out stuff and focus on enhancing what we already have. I want to give you guys the best experience possible!
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by minyan »

I drew another cg : x
ImageImage

Seigetsu
Regular
Deviantart: suien

#38 Post by Seigetsu »

Please draw more cgs if you have the time! I think your cgs are beautiful and would really enhance the mood of the story. Don't hold back :)

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#39 Post by minyan »

I'll do my best... there's a lot of programming to be done once averxy finishes writing so I'm debating on whether I'll have enough time to do an even number for the routes xD
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#40 Post by minyan »

It's been a while!

So Averxy's picking up the page, Cotton's route is done and edited for the most part, and Cream's route is about a third of the way done. I've drawn one more cg making the total count ten, and though I hit a snag in the programming things should be neatly tied up in a couple days. Then I'll just have cream's route left to program and we'll be all good!
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#41 Post by Zelan »

Good to know that things are progressing smoothly! ^_^ 10 CGs is a pretty good amount, nice job!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by minyan »

So unfortunately Averxy will not be finishing Cream's route for the release. I'm not sure when it will be finished, but until then we've decided to release the game with just Cotton's route and the available after game features, since a lot of work was put into it and it is a fairly complete VN already.

You can download it here: https://gourmetvisual.itch.io/ellaria-cc
ImageImage

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#43 Post by Ran08 »

Ooooh, the art is super cute. :”) I quite enjoyed Heartbaked, haha, so I’m really glad to see another game from you guys.

I just love how the names kinda fit the characters to a T! Haha, hello, “sour/whipped” Cream! And Cotton, who has healing powers! I’m thinking of a different kind of cotton, though, one which is not so edible. =)

AND MAAAN, I'D LOVE TO DOWNLOAD THE GAME RIGHT NOW BUT... 3G. *ouch*

It's okay even if you didn't make the deadline! You can always finish it afterwards, anyway. =) I'm sure people will be still be excited for Cream's route once you do release it! :) Congrats on the (partial?) release! <3

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

#44 Post by minyan »

Ran08 wrote:Ooooh, the art is super cute. :”) I quite enjoyed Heartbaked, haha, so I’m really glad to see another game from you guys.

I just love how the names kinda fit the characters to a T! Haha, hello, “sour/whipped” Cream! And Cotton, who has healing powers! I’m thinking of a different kind of cotton, though, one which is not so edible. =)

AND MAAAN, I'D LOVE TO DOWNLOAD THE GAME RIGHT NOW BUT... 3G. *ouch*

It's okay even if you didn't make the deadline! You can always finish it afterwards, anyway. =) I'm sure people will be still be excited for Cream's route once you do release it! :) Congrats on the (partial?) release! <3
xDD Thanks! Averxy has Cream's route about a third of the way done, so it shouldn't be too much longer! I hope you get a chance to play later xD
ImageImage

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#45 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I have only played Cotton's route so far, and it was great! Beautiful artwork made the scenes really come to life, and the animation, as well, such as when
Cotton and the MC were falling down the waterfall, and it looked like it was moving.
The ending was unexpected too!
In the end, everyone was just role playing, and I was surprised to find that I was the Narrator's girlfriend. @.@
By the way, is there a way to choose a route for the Narrator during the game? That would be funny~
I'm playing the secret route, Licorice next, and I know it will be just as fun!
Really, the story line, art, fourth-wall breaking, humor, and shocking ending make this a unique and fun game. Keep up the good work, and looking forward to future shenanigans in other games you make.