Loverwatch - Crushes Never Die [fangame] [?xM/F/?] #ilujam

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
allurious
Regular

Loverwatch - Crushes Never Die [fangame] [?xM/F/?] #ilujam

#1 Post by allurious »

[ an Overwatch dating sim, because we can - developed for #ilujam 2016]

Originally we came up with this idea during the horrible lull in between the beta and release of Overwatch, but carried it on to more than a fever dream when we heard ilujam was coming up. After some incredibly Legit Scientific Research into who potential players would most like to date, our small team is starting off with three routes in this dating sim - Mei, Genji and Bastion. If we have more time and can grow the team a little, we're hoping to add more routes into the game, but again we'll see how it goes.
FEATURES
  • multiple playable routes including male, female and other gender LIs with choices that matter
  • a more intimate look at relationships through exploring quarters in a point'n'click fashion, as well as other little gameplay pieces
  • hand-drawn character art & animated backgrounds captured from in-game
  • custom soundtrack
  • accessibility options (catering to dyslexic and hearing impaired players)
Our mockup of the dialog screen looks something like this:

Team size is six right now - one programmer, two writers, two artists and a sound person. Still looking for the right people to join in the project though, so if yo' go the mojo, show us what you got. Really excited to work on this project as a bit of fun!
Last edited by allurious on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

bellice
Veteran

Re: Loverwatch - Crushes Never Die [fangame] [?xM/F/?] #iluj

#2 Post by bellice »

Well, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it. So I'm wishing you the best of luck!

allurious
Regular

#3 Post by allurious »

bellice wrote:Well, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it. So I'm wishing you the best of luck!
Why thank you! (:

Progressing along - the game has a number of accessibility features implemented including dyslexia-friendly text, font size & if we go down the route of partial VA, closed captioning. We've decided on keeping the MC mostly featureless, but the player has the ability to choose preferred pronouns (which the entire script then adapts to) and their profession, which dictates which route they choose. It's been pretty interesting so far doing these wee things! We've also managed to screencap in-game background footage and loop it to have animated background scenes as well, which is looking pretty neat.

MC has to go through 'orientation' at the beginning, including filling out a personnel survey (to decide their LI route):

allurious
Regular

#4 Post by allurious »

UI is mostly implemented and we're on our way with content generation - well on track and hoping to include more routes than the three detailed! Here's a shiny gif: (and curse the forum's inability to display gifv)

Mooneon
Regular

#5 Post by Mooneon »

OMG. I would so play this! Good luck in the making of your game!

allurious
Regular

#6 Post by allurious »

Mooneon wrote:OMG. I would so play this! Good luck in the making of your game!
Thanks so much!

We're starting to get our routes implemented and the character art in - first is Mei, and she's sooo super gorgeous. Pretty excited.