[Yaoi Jam][Demo up!] Dear and Mine [BxB][Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
DeeVisser
Projects: D&M + S&B (hiatus), Sinking

[Yaoi Jam][Demo up!] Dear and Mine [BxB][Romance]

#1 Post by DeeVisser » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:23 am

Download the demo on itch.io!
Kim left his small town behind to break into the art world.
Two years later, tired of juggling between part-time jobs and the hopeless quest for recognition, he's resigned himself to give up and "go back to that hellhole". He has one last month of rent paid and managed to find a part-time job at a gallery.
Little does he know that that gallery will be a catalyst for a huge change in his life.
Warnings
Discussion and exploration of BDSM (nothing extremely graphic), smexy times, dealing with trauma, bad words, hipsters.
Characters, by the super amazing Renmiou!
Our MC, a disillusioned snarky ass. He can do a pumpkin spice latte blindfolded, that's how much barista experience he gained, but he still hasn't found real possibilities for his photography. He does graphic design jobs on commission to gain a little bit of extra money, since Bakersfield is expensive. Has known Shane for quite a while, since she models for him.

The one who actually sets the things in motion, a fun sized handful who models for bondage photo shoots. She's sad to hear that Kim plans to move out, so she decides to use her connections to find a way for him to stay. Recently graduated from a fashion program, she gets really excited about Deleuze--something that Ayumu, a friend from school, can't really understand.

He attended so many classes with Shane that the two became friends. He's the weird art kid of the family and he's interning at a shoemaker's workshop to gain some experience in leather designing and recycling. The shoemaker happens to be in the same mall complex Kim's gallery is located. He's friendly but very quiet, and he shares a small secret with Marco...

He came to the US after getting his degree in energy engineering. He started working at his cousin's restaurant hoping to soon find a job more suited to his studies, but he hasn't been successful. The restaurant is close to the mall, so he often chats with Ayumu while tending the bar. The two met at night, at his second workplace--he's much requested for his beaming smile and outgoing personality.

Just like Kim, he fled his hometown the week after graduation to pursue his dreams. In his case, it's to make a living out of his e-sport tournaments prizes, with a part time job on the side. He's lucky he didn't delete Kim's number after they broke up, so he can crash at his place. Acts impulsive to overcompensate his overthinking tendencies.

A lecturer in the Arts department of the local college and owner of a small gallery. She noticed Kim's works and decided to feature them in the newest exhibit, and when he mentioned he left his job, she offered him to tend to the gallery while she teaches a summer course. She tries to be positive and encouraging, but jobs are hard to find, living is expensive and she can help only to a point. Values independence above all.
Technicalities
This is the sequel of my Nano project, Scratches and Bites. The assets for S&B aren't ready yet, so I have put that project on hold while waiting. Since the script is all done, I decided to work on the sequel in the meanwhile.
The demo has been released for Yaoi Jam. It has 7 main scenes, and the final game will feature 3 routes and 6 endings in total :) also 6 CGs, 1 featured in the demo.
Once again I'm using Tyranobuilder merely because designing and implementing a GUI in it is easier, and making a gallery is kid's play.
For the music I plan to use royalty free tracks; I also bought some RPG Maker music packs and a Groupee music bundle, so I have the rights to use those tracks in all engines, yay!
There aren't many locations, but the good ol' GIMP oilify has taken care of them.
Art is made by the amazing Renmiou and you should really check out her page :>
Progress
- Demo is complete! 12k words and 40 minutes playtime so far :D
Screenshots
Image Image
These are the final backgrounds and actual lines from the script!
Image Image
And here's a small sneak peek for the CG in the demo:
Renmiou wrote: Image
Hope you'll enjoy!
Last edited by DeeVisser on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 14 times in total.

MoonByte
Regular
Completed: Shine (RPG Maker), Heroes (RPG Maker), Lantern Bearer (RPG Maker), Loop the Loop (Unity), Magic Potion (Unity), Other Stars (Unreal), Sky Eye (RPG Maker), WIN Delivery & Fateful (Ren'Py)
Projects: Weird Is Normal (Ren'Py), Gnowee (prob. Game Maker)
Tumblr: kaiopdebeeck

Re: [Yaoi Jam] Dear and Mine [BxB][Romance][Slice of life]

#2 Post by MoonByte » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:33 pm

From Visuals, Terrence and Marco instantly caught my eyes (Terrence because DEM EYEBROWS and Marco because he is just your typical beach boy from the looks). Which is funny, because NORMALLY I totally adore asian looking characters and long hair :'D
From description, I like Shane (bondage, wtf, lol xD), Terrence (ex-boyfriend and gamer? Gotcha!) and Danique (There's just something about artists helping artists that I like, of course that also applies to Shane).
Kim.........I don't know actually. I can understand how he is and stuff, but I guess, I would have to see him in action to see, if he is interesting and if I could like to play as him o_o Though I can identify myself with him since I am also a student who has trouble to survive in the big city xD

Hm, well Marco is probably maybe working? Maybe not the whole night, but yeah.
The others...
I deem Shane and Marco, maybe Kim as the partying type (though maybe with special tastes). Ayumu might be into weird stuff, like exploring forgotten houses, joining in fetish parties, no idea what "weird art kid" includes.
Terrence.... NO IDEA. I have no grasp of his personality.

I think, BOTH would be fine? I mean, look at the millenials. Sure, they are depressed and worried, but they are still enjoying their days whenever the chance comes and most have a brilliant taste for sarcasm to make light of their situation ;)

DeeVisser

#3 Post by DeeVisser » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:33 pm

Updated main post with some news: actual screenshots, script now around 5k words, minor text improvements :)

@MoonByte thank you for the feedback! Indeed Terry's eyebrows are <3
I should probably come up with a small sample of what it's like to play from Kim's point of view, because he's very much the sarcastic millenial you mention, but less self-deprecating and more... biting. I'll work on it as soon as possible!
And your 'what they do at night' guesses are great, you're not too off the mark, actually!

Renmiou
Regular
Completed: Heiress II, Tristan & Iseult, Chronicle Of Mars, Tuesday, Black Closet, Rising Angels: Hope
Projects: MorningStar: Grand Tour, Dear & Mine
Deviantart: Renmiou

#4 Post by Renmiou » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:55 pm

I'm being a naughty person and posting chest and clavicles, because I'm a clavicle fan... Imagine printing that on a pillow!

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#5 Post by infel » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:11 pm

- What do you think of the characters in general? Did anyone catch you attention? Why?
- What do you think Ayumu & Marco do at night °v° (hint: it's not prostitution)
- Crushed dreams, the economic crisis, adult life hammering down the spirit. Would you say a tongue in cheek tone is better than a serious tone? Why (not)?
- Would you be interested in a small demo of the first 3-4 scenes to get to know the characters better?

Hope you'll enjoy!

I must say this looks like a fun game =D. And it's cool to see another BxB story. Glad you're doing the jam. As for your questions-

1-I find all the characters pretty interesting. I personally like Ayumu the most, but I love the designs for all the characters. Your artist is very good =D. Oh and my reason for liking Ayumu is a bit weird. I actually thought given his looks he was a bit cold or a bad boy, but it turns out he's friendly and a bit quiet. I kind of want to see how his character develops =).
2-Half of me says talking to each other about their problems, but my Yaoi fan girl side says they may be a bit intimate. Or maybe sell things they shouldn't? Ah I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm interested to know what they are doing, lol. As for Marca love his design as I said. Nice to diversity in the game as well.
3-I'm fine with anything really. I like drama but also light hearted stories.
4-Yes =D.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#6 Post by infel » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:11 pm

- What do you think of the characters in general? Did anyone catch you attention? Why?
- What do you think Ayumu & Marco do at night °v° (hint: it's not prostitution)
- Crushed dreams, the economic crisis, adult life hammering down the spirit. Would you say a tongue in cheek tone is better than a serious tone? Why (not)?
- Would you be interested in a small demo of the first 3-4 scenes to get to know the characters better?

Hope you'll enjoy!

I must say this looks like a fun game =D. And it's cool to see another BxB story. Glad you're doing the jam. As for your questions-

1-I find all the characters pretty interesting. I personally like Ayumu the most, but I love the designs for all the characters. Your artist is very good =D. Oh and my reason for liking Ayumu is a bit weird. I actually thought given his looks he was a bit cold or a bad boy, but it turns out he's friendly and a bit quiet. I kind of want to see how his character develops =).
2-Half of me says talking to each other about their problems, but my Yaoi fan girl side says they may be a bit intimate. Or maybe sell things they shouldn't? Ah I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm interested to know what they are doing, lol. As for Marco love his design as I said. Nice to diversity in the game as well.
4-Yes =D.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

DeeVisser

#7 Post by DeeVisser » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:04 pm

Updated first post to reflect current progress! Script is 6k words so far and first draft has already been revised once. After all the characters are introduced, choices become available. Also, enjoy this glorious preview:
Renmiou wrote:I'm being a naughty person and posting chest and clavicles, because I'm a clavicle fan... Imagine printing that on a pillow!

Because I sure am enjoying it a lot :>
infel wrote:I must say this looks like a fun game =D. And it's cool to see another BxB story. Glad you're doing the jam. As for your questions-

2-Half of me says talking to each other about their problems, but my Yaoi fan girl side says they may be a bit intimate. Or maybe sell things they shouldn't? Ah I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm interested to know what they are doing, lol. As for Marco love his design as I said. Nice to diversity in the game as well.
4-Yes =D.
Thank you for the feedback! Ayumu's a little cupcake :P although he goes for a rougher aesthetic.
After revising the draft the tone has pretty much settled itself and is a bit more on the serious side (although there will be plenty of light moments as well) basically because Kim has no chill.
The demo will come soon! I was originally planning to release that for the Jam, but since it's 2 months long I have plenty of time to release a first one in a couple of weeks and another one with the first route scenes at the end of the jam :)

DeeVisser

#8 Post by DeeVisser » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Updated main post and released the demo! Hope you'll like it!