Tower Trap [BL, Fantasy, Comedy][YaoiJam]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sorani
Veteran

Tower Trap [BL, Fantasy, Comedy][YaoiJam]

#1 Post by sorani »

[Yaoi Game Jam 2016] [Optional R-18/All-Ages Version]
[Fantasy/Comedy]

One day on a beautiful spring afternoon,
Joshua comes across a tower.
He enters with some persuasion from a Knight,
only to find out that the tower was cursed!
Now, he’s stuck with three strangers until
help arrives!

Only true love can break the tower’s curse..
Will Joshua care enough to fall in love?
Or will he die fighting monster boys...?

A fairytale with a modern twist!

• Genre: Boy’s Love, Fantasy, Comedy
• Reversible Roles
• Aromantic/Romantic
• 4 Routes and a bunch of Gag ends..
• (WIP) 15+ Endings, 25+ CGs, 20K+ Words
Will release a demo if assets can’t be finished!

• (Editors/Beta-testers will be listed later)

1. Does the premise seem interesting?
2. Which character interests you most?
3. Should I add more information?
Last edited by sorani on Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

SwedishJazz
Regular
Tumblr: zeuswares

Re: Tower Trap [BL, Fantasy, Comedy][YaoiJam]

#2 Post by SwedishJazz »

The premise sound spretty cool, but I'm most interested in the characters! It seems like an interesting, well-rounded cocktail of personalities, and I'm quite looking forward to learning more about them.

ghostpel

#3 Post by ghostpel »

Having no experiences with Yaoi game aside from first 20 minutes of Togainu no chi, still interested. I'm easy ^^'

- As someone with an unhealthy obsession in the dungeon (but sucks at d&d), seeing 'trap' and 'tower' in the title is enough for me to get interested even if the premise has nothing to do with it or not a fan of yaoi.
- Tower! Cursed one too! I'm looking forward seeing how they'll interact with the place...or how the place have in store for them.
Well, with nature of VNs, I'm a bit prepared to be disappointed. As well as good surprises.

- Blanc, his profile reads like eccentric but capable mage archetype until 'burnt his eyebrows'. Can't stop imagine what he feels now.
- And Fin, his contrast between 'knight in shining armor' and "as bullheaded as the protagonist (=farmer)" strikes me. Looks like I'll have fun seeing him dealing with things getting in his way.
- Princess is very chill. I like her lol
- Joshua's "at least he knows how to farm" cracked me.

I'm curious if there's a sentence or two between "Now, he’s stuck with three strangers until help arrives!" and "Only true love can break the tower’s curse..."
(What make them think true love will break the tower's curse!?!) But information, as you posted, ​gave enough impression of being fun VN with bunch of ...um, problematic? awkward? individual interacting with each other in the cursed tower settings. Will look forward to this. Good lucks! :D

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

How many of the characters thought of themselves as gay or bisexual before the story begins?
sorani wrote: Or will he die fighting monster boys...?
Will there be some combat in this story? If so, can we expect scripted events?
sorani wrote: • Aromantic/Romantic/Sexual Choices
This is an interesting idea. A few questions...

1. Do you intend to let the player roleplay the protagonist, and shape his goals through actions?
2. Will the differences between choices be clear, opaque, or somewhere in between?
3. If most of the player's choices are sexual, then what sort of ending might it lead to? Likewise, if most of the player's choices are "let's just stay friends," then what sort of ending might it lead to?
sorani wrote: 2. Which character interests you most?
1. Fin. Apparently he chooses to wear armor that leaves his stomach exposed. Is this impractical in your fictional world? Does he consider it a fashion statement?
2. Annie. If she escaped the tower, then it would make sense that she fell in love with someone. I wonder who it was.

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#5 Post by potouto »

Tap tap this thread, I'm supposed to go to bed but I'm gonna bless this thread first
Kisses for your forehead, kisses for this thread
Good luck with everything !! You know I'm biased I can't give a proper answer I just love everyone ok
and knight boy lives :V

yeah well | commission | website

sorani
Veteran

#6 Post by sorani »

SwedishJazz wrote:The premise sound spretty cool, but I'm most interested in the characters! It seems like an interesting, well-rounded cocktail of personalities, and I'm quite looking forward to learning more about them.
Thanks for your interest! XD
ghostpel wrote: I'm curious if there's a sentence or two between "Now, he’s stuck with three strangers until help arrives!" and "Only true love can break the tower’s curse..."
(What make them think true love will break the tower's curse!?!) But information, as you posted, ​gave enough impression of being fun VN with bunch of ...um, problematic? awkward? individual interacting with each other in the cursed tower settings. Will look forward to this. Good lucks! :D
Ahaha thanks! For the "true love" I'm adapting from fairy tales tropes about true love breaking curses, but in this visual novel, I'm planning to subvert it by letting the player interpret what true love is and letting it affect the ending they get.
gekiganwing wrote:
Thanks for your questions! Here's my answers:
1. I'll assign them right now. Their attractions are more specific in the story.
• Josh - Player's interpretation
• Fin - Pan
• Andy - Bi
• Blanc - Aro
• Gary - Bi
• Tom - Straight
• Annie - Gay
2. There will be no combat in the visual novel, but there will be scripted events. It's a pure visual novel.

• Aromantic/Romantic/Sexual Choices
1. The protagonist will have his own personality, but the player decides whether Josh will be aro/ace, allosexual/romantic, or a mix of both.
2. Choices will be actions during intimate scenes, and will be pretty clear. I don't want players to be uncomfortable when they pursue a guy.
3. The endings are slightly changed based on the player's decision to have a romantic or unromantic ending. Sexual content is optional and can be censored from the main game.
• Character Interest
1. Fin's armor is supposed to be a joke on bikini armor in bishoujo games. In this fantasy comedy, these choices have consequences for a Mr. Fanservice, such as a stab in the stomach.
potouto wrote:Tap tap this thread, I'm supposed to go to bed but I'm gonna bless this thread first
Kisses for your forehead, kisses for this thread
Good luck with everything !! You know I'm biased I can't give a proper answer I just love everyone ok
and knight boy lives :V
AAhhh thanks :'D knight boy probably won't survive but it's okay.

sorani
Veteran

#7 Post by sorani »

Update![6/29/16]

It's already a month into Yaoi Game Jam! I haven't made as much progress as I hoped, but here's what I've been working on!

ImageImage

Thankfully there's another month left :'D

audrenes
Regular
Projects: Phoenix, Swan Lake, Kiss Me X
Tumblr: ajmakesvns

#8 Post by audrenes »

Yeah, it sounds super interesting! I can't wait to see how it'll turn out!

Fin. Because on the basis of the bikini armor thing lol. I really wanna see the consequences of that.

I think it's fine so far. Good amount of info to know about the characters, but not enough to give spoilers.

Konoi
Regular
Deviantart: Kurozora-Konoi

#9 Post by Konoi »

Aah, this game seems sooo cool! I hope you'll finish it, I'd love to play it!

Yes! I love fairytale based romance games, but they usually are otome, and while I love otome, I love BL even more! And the story seems cool so far!
To be honest, I love Joshua - and for the hero to be my favorite character, or one of my favorites... it doesn't happen often! As for the other characters, I really like Andy. But to be honest, I like them all!
Nah, it's fine as far as information goes. But if the project is still running, more updates would be nice, at least for people to know it's not abandoned!

Good luck with the game!

CosmicFan

#10 Post by CosmicFan »

Yeah! I have a soft spot for fairy tale, plus I'm digging the love or die situation.

Blanc. The mage with no eyebrows piqued my interest.

Please.