Konbini Life [Romance/Drama/Slice of Life][GxB] #ilujam DEMO

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
2Birds

Re: Konbini Life [Romance/Drama/Slice of Life][GxB] #ilujam

#31 Post by 2Birds »

Hello peeps!

@Zelan:
hi-five Our demands were met. 8)

@AnnaMcMoose
Thanks so much for the feedback and super thanks for the full-game wishlist! Sounds like we're on the same page, so we'll definitely be getting on that asap.

@Double_SS
Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts, that was really valuable feedback! One of our biggest goals is to really flesh out the plot that began to form while we were working, so there will be plenty of character development to be seen past the end of the demo. Can't wait to share!

@VocaloidsRCool
Awesome wishlist! Full CGs are on the cards for sure, I'll even make a few of them romantic instead of just plain silly. :lol:

@Akka
Naaw, I'm super flattered you like the art! :oops: Grouchy got a bit of the spotlight in demo, but rest assured there's more to discover about the other bachelors as well! MegaKonbiniMart is full of mystery, haha.

So moving forward, we had a poll running on Twitter and were really happy to see that people's priorities aligned really closely to everyone here (and ours as well)! There's lots of tweaks and polish we want to do on the stuff already in game, but Hoody is definitely on the cards (yes!) with a small mountain of CGs and some extra juicy story as well.
Our bodies are now ready for KonbiniLife round 2.

We'll keep you updated, watch this space! (for Hoody's mug shot, that rascal)

- Bird2

thestringsofgold
Regular
Projects: Nova: Synthesis Creaturum

#32 Post by thestringsofgold »

The art for this is so cute! <3 I do think each character is different enough from each other and should have their own appeals. Definitely going to download this demo and check it out!
Image Image

Hortea

#33 Post by Hortea »

Hey !

First time I post here (or second at best) !

Just wanted to say that I haven't even finished the demo but I love the game already ! You got me when they make their funny faces and all and right now, I'm (truly) laughing
because of Otaku-san talking about his favourite manga
Let me tell you that it's not often that I'm pleased by a game so soon !

[This part have been written after finishing the demo in order to properly answer the questions!]
So...
- I'm going to enjoy every route !!!
- The demo is pretty great and already funny ! (well, my little text above is rather tell-tale I guess)
-Yup ! Maybe it's because there are only four of them but they are differents from each other and I think there will be great lines of dialogue if they talk with each other !
- Never played something like this ; plus I like the fact that you're an employee having a night shift haha Besides, the art is really really (really) great !

Overall, I can't quite describe you how much I'm waiting to play the whole game now ! Hope it will be (relatively) soon !!

Please keep up the good work !
Good luck to both of you ! (and thank you for the nice moment you offered me)
"I want to bow down and hail to the King" bwahahaha <3
(Ps: I'm not an english speaker so I hope I didn't make any huge mistakes.)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#34 Post by Zelan »

HOODY HYPEEE

*ahem* I am so very glad to hear that the two of you are progressing with the game! Please do keep us all updating, I'll keep an eye on this thread for sure. ^_^

camisteja
Regular

#35 Post by camisteja »

Are the characters interesting? Which one appeals to you?
I liked all the characters, which honestly surprised me. LOL As for who appealed to me most, I gravitated more towards Grouchy and Prince. I'm sure I'll like Hoody too once his route becomes available.

Does the premise seem entertaining?
I certainly enjoyed it. The characters brought the premise to life for sure.

Do you feel the character are different enough to each other?
Yeah, I would say that each character were their own.

Have you played anything similar?
Can't say that I have although I remember wanting to make a game set in a grocery store once. You guys pulled it off better than I probably would.

Anything we can improve?
Maybe the pacing? It felt like everything was jumping around too fast but this is probably meant to be a short game. Overall, I loved the art style and the humor. Keep up the good work. <3

EuphoniousChaos

#36 Post by EuphoniousChaos »

- Are the characters interesting? Which one appeals to you?
Yes! I'll be honest when I first downloaded the demo I though I'd like Prince the best and the others would only be okay, but after finishing the demo I can't choose a favorite. I love them all so much!

- Does the premise seem entertaining?
Definitely! Although the demo was short, the whole time I was playing I was completely engaged in the story and loving every second of it.

- Do you feel the character are different enough to each other?
Yeah, all 3 are very unique, and their personalities differ a lot. I'm very excited to play all their routes.

- Have you played anything similar?
Not that I remember!

- Anything we can improve?
Since it was just the demo it's no big deal,
but the ending event with the thief when you pick one of the 3 guys seemed a little rushed.
That's about it though! Keep up the great work, this is an awesome project so far!

2Birds

#37 Post by 2Birds »

Hey everybody, Bird2 here to reassure everyone the Birds are still pecking away at KonbiniLife!

@thestringsofgold:
Thank you very much! I had a lot of fun with the characters and the more I draw them, the more I love those goofy guys and gal. :)

@Hortea:
Hey, (belated) welcome to the forum! We're so happy you've enjoyed the demo! Bird1's dialogue is actually the best and she's been coming up with some fantastic stuff for the full game. Can't wait to see what you think, and hopefully it shouldn't to too far away haha.

@camisteja:
Hey there, thanks for the feedback! We're glad you mentioned the pacing, we suspected it was a bit snappy back during the game jam... But it's definitely one of the things we're working on! There'll be revisions all around, so we'd love to hear your feedback when the full game is out!

@EuphoniousChaos:
Thanks a bunch for playing the demo! We were hoping that people could love the whole cast, so you've made us really happy with your feedback! :D As for improvements, you are not wrong about the ending to the demo! You can practically smell the panic of the deadline in there, huh? I think I was the most disappointed with how the scene came out, so look forward to much punchier plot revelations in the future!

Well, as for the game itself, KonbiniLife is coming along at a steady pace! We're taking our time to make sure we get it right, but it's definitely progressing forward. I'm working through some extra content for each of the characters, and Bird1 is coming up with some awesome stuff for the plot.
I'm a bit sad, because there's not much I can share that won't spoil what we have planned. Instead, whenever finish one of the characters' extra stuff, I'll drop you guys a little present to represent the achievement!

So without further ado:
Achievement Unlocked! : Don't Touch My Manga!

More soon, thanks again all!

-Bird2

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#38 Post by Zelan »

Hehehe. cx What a fantastic chibi.

Also, for the past week or so, every time I've thought, "Hmmm, [insert VN name here] hasn't made any updates in a while... I hope it's still going on," there's been an update. :o Ellaria: Cotton and Cream, Spacefur: RUNAWAYS, and now this one. Maybe I'm magical.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#39 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Aw man this looks so amazing good luck on the game :D
ImageImage

PetPeeve
Regular
Tumblr: agamemakingblogforcoolkids

#40 Post by PetPeeve »

Just played the demo, it was so good. The art is so nice! Can't wait for it to be finished =3
ImageImageImageImage

jusplathemus
itch: jusplathemus

#41 Post by jusplathemus »

I had a really Konbinient Experience, thank you for your work!

Are the characters interesting? Which one appeals to you?
Yep. I'd like to know more about all of them, but I'm most interested in Hiroto. I especially liked the chemistry between him and Natsu.

Does the premise seem entertaining?
Yep. Though I'm a sucker for slice of life and drama, so I was bound to like it. :)

Do you feel the character are different enough to each other?
Yep, definitely.

Have you played anything similar?
Nope. Well.. Define similar. I have certainly played 'light-hearted slice of life VNs with a hint of drama' before, but not in this same setting and none of them were too similar to this. So while there is definitely stuff like this out there, Konbini Life has it's own tone and feel and this is all that matters to me in this regard.

Anything we can improve?
Nothing in particular, I thought everything was good. Okay, maybe the Menu UI felt a bit crude, but that's not a problem at all, since the gameplay UI is nice. And music will be a great addition to the mood, but I see that it's already planned.

I'm really looking forward to a full novel that expands on this demo.