Removed

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Reyjakai

Removed

#1 Post by Reyjakai »

Removed.
Last edited by Reyjakai on Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Ars Uberia: Uberia's Lament [BxB][BxG][Modern][Fantasy]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

I like the character art in the promotional image on your Kickstarter page.

A few questions and concerns:

1. What do you mean by "anomalous fantasy world"? I made sure to check the definition of the word anomalous, and I was still somewhat confused. Did you mean "unexpected"? Or perhaps "difficult to classify"?

2. Tropes are neither bad nor good -- they're just building blocks for a story. However, stereotypes don't have positive connotations. Because of this, I think you'll benefit by rephrasing the sentence which begins with "This game combines modern stereotypes..."

3. There are a lot of fantasy stories, and a lot of character-enters-fantastic-world stories. Make sure to tell people what makes yours interesting. Present the characters, setting, and conflict. Help potential fans care about your fictional people and their dilemmas.

4. How much of your project is reading a story, and how much is interactive gameplay?

5. How much emphasis will there be on comedy?

6. Show how you will use the Kickstarter money. Also, be careful with physical rewards... I've heard stories about creators who lost a lot of money just through shipping items to different nations.

7. Finally, if your project were rated by the MPAA or the ESRB, what content rating do you think they would give it?

Reyjakai

Re: Ars Uberia: Uberia's Lament [BxB][BxG][Modern][Fantasy]

#3 Post by Reyjakai »

Removed
Last edited by Reyjakai on Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reyjakai

#4 Post by Reyjakai »

Removed
Last edited by Reyjakai on Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Divona
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Falconers: Moonlight
Organization: Bionic Penguin
itch: bionicpenguin

Re: Ars Uberia: Uberia's Lament[BxG][Modern][Fantasy][Crowdf

#5 Post by Divona »

Not sure what's wrong, but the game just keep crashing itself after 10 seconds or so. I've downloaded the latest demo from the Google Drive. Here's some info about my machine:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel i7-4700K 4.00GHz
16 GB RAM
Geforce GTX 970 SLI
Dual-Screen Monitors

EDIT: OK. The first one you've posted up also crashed.

EDIT 2: Test it on another machine of mine, and it's run fine. The spec is pretty much the same apart from having 8 GB RAM and running GTX 760. I have disable SLI on my main machine, and still crash.
Attachments
log.txt
Attached here is log file generated by Ren'Py, if it help.
(24 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by gekiganwing »

Thanks for answering my questions.

The Kickstarter page for Ars Uberia is currently described as an "Interactive Fantasy Graphic Novel." I'm not sure what to make of this phrase. It implies that the story is a fantasy genre comic which has a few interactive elements. If that's what you are trying to make, then it's fine. Also, if it's clearly different from visual novels in form or presentation, then it's fine. (For what it's worth, my current idea about how to combine a VN with comics-style presentation is based on Quartett.)

I couldn't figure out how to test your story with my Xubuntu laptop. However, it allowed me to look at your script.rpy file. Here are a few small corrections:
* "Dungeons and Dragons" is a brand name, so the Ds should be capitalized.
* The As in "Asia" and "Asian" should always be capitalized.
* Make sure that Isabella's name in dialogue and narration always starts with a capital I.
* One sentence reads "It's almost time for lunch, and today has been a crazy." I think you meant to end the sentence with "...day."
* The correct spelling of "shephard's pie" is "shepherd's pie."
* "Night grandma." should have a comma between the two words.
* The demo takes place in a college setting. As far as I know, it's uncommon for a person who works at a college to have the title 'principal.'
* The correct spelling of "nauseaous" is "nauseous."

Reyjakai

#7 Post by Reyjakai »

Removed
Last edited by Reyjakai on Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DuskSnare
Tumblr: DuskSnare
Soundcloud: DuskSnare

#8 Post by DuskSnare »

Hey, wait, wasn't this game BxG and BxB before? ._. Did I miss the change? Besides the lack of BxB (D: I love BxB man) I actually kinda like the art style! And it is funny, though the main character is rather insensitive I've noticed.