The Owl-Woman Oracle [tarot reading simulator] OUT NOW ON ITCH

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
arosia
Regular
Projects: Arosia: an Erotic Storybook for Adults
Tumblr: arosiathegame
itch: nightingaleartstudio

Re: The Owl-Woman Oracle [tarot reading simulator]

#76 Post by arosia »

Wow, so lovely. It was so much fun going through all your paintings. It took me 10-15 minutes, but I imagine it took you much longer to create them. Feels like I cheated ;P

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#77 Post by Zelan »

That's a really beautiful card, I love the hair. c: You did great with the lighting, too - underwater drawings are really cool.

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#78 Post by wyverngem »

^_^ Wow, can't believe 5 more cards until the deck is complete. Have you finished the other aspects of the game then?

Knight of Hearts
Regular

#79 Post by Knight of Hearts »

The idea is really interesting, although the card you have have created are very unique and beautiful (especially the owl faces ones) I find that they somewhat lack in symbolic cues. For someone who doesn't know the cards well it would be a bit heard to grasp their meaning considering the fact that a lot of cues are omitted, except the very main idea. For example The Death card is not quite represented at its full meaning.

I'd still definitely give the simulator a shot, since its a wonderful idea and you took a lot of time to carefully and delicately create each card, so the art alone is worth checking out.
A Sci-fi Drama with Romance in Development (Yaoi, 18+) --- Join public DISCORD: https://discord.gg/yPDEZkN

Ulalaria
Regular
Completed: Faust: Scene II, Queen At Arms, Rosewater
Projects: The Owl-Woman Oracle
Tumblr: meagantrott

#80 Post by Ulalaria »

Hi all! Thanks again for all the feedback! I've completed a new card since I last checked in. The "Ascent" card contains artistic nudity so I'll link to it below:

https://meagantrott.com/2018/03/31/owl- ... cent-card/

Ulalaria
Regular

#81 Post by Ulalaria »

wyverngem wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:36 pm ^_^ Wow, can't believe 5 more cards until the deck is complete. Have you finished the other aspects of the game then?
At the moment, the majority of the card readings still need to be written, and the UI needs to be coded. I don't anticipate those steps taking anywhere near as long as the card art though. I'm aiming to finish this before the end of the year :)

Ulalaria
Regular

#82 Post by Ulalaria »

Knight of Hearts wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:45 pm The idea is really interesting, although the card you have have created are very unique and beautiful (especially the owl faces ones) I find that they somewhat lack in symbolic cues. For someone who doesn't know the cards well it would be a bit heard to grasp their meaning considering the fact that a lot of cues are omitted, except the very main idea. For example The Death card is not quite represented at its full meaning.

I'd still definitely give the simulator a shot, since its a wonderful idea and you took a lot of time to carefully and delicately create each card, so the art alone is worth checking out.
I've been conceptualizing Owl-Woman Oracle as more of an "oracle deck" loosely based on the RWS majors rather than a straight-up traditional tarot deck - for this reason (and due to time constraints xP) I omitted a lot of the detail of the RWS symbolism. Glad you like the art though! If I'm being honest with myself, this project is basically a vehicle for my owl woman illustrations. xD

Ulalaria
Regular

#83 Post by Ulalaria »

Updating this thread because Owl-Woman Oracle is now out for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android! PWYW for a short fortune teller experience
https://meagantrott.itch.io/the-owl-woman-oracle

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: The Owl-Woman Oracle [tarot reading simulator] OUT NOW ON ITCH

#84 Post by Zelan »

Congratulations on finishing this project!

Ulalaria
Regular

Re: The Owl-Woman Oracle [tarot reading simulator] OUT NOW ON ITCH

#85 Post by Ulalaria »

@Zelan Thank you!