Blood For the Blood God: A Dating Sim [BxB][GxB][DEMO]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Spacefur
Regular
Tumblr: studio-meh

Re: Blood For the Blood God: A Dating Sim [BxB][GxB][DEMO]

#61 Post by Spacefur »

Got feedbacks from one of my friends! The other hasn't played the demo yet.

They're NB and they were overjoyed with the option to play a non-gendered character. They said, I quote, "that MC is literally my inner perv" XD Their fav is Asstaroth. Their only criticism is that calling Beelzebabe's skin "chocolate" was kinda f fetishicising. They're waiting for their pay check to back up the game either way, as I am :D

CrimsonChains
Regular
Projects: Blood for the Blood God: A Dating Sim
Tumblr: Crimson-Chains

#62 Post by CrimsonChains »

Spacefur wrote:Got feedbacks from one of my friends! The other hasn't played the demo yet.

They're NB and they were overjoyed with the option to play a non-gendered character. They said, I quote, "that MC is literally my inner perv" XD Their fav is Asstaroth. Their only criticism is that calling Beelzebabe's skin "chocolate" was kinda f fetishicising. They're waiting for their pay check to back up the game either way, as I am :D
Ooooh, awesome!! OwO
I'm happy they enjoyed having a non-gendered character!!
Was hoping it would be an appealing feature to people :D
Yus!! Asstaroth getting some love!!! <3
He's got the best Ass, how can you not love him? X3

Mmmm, I can see where they are coming from :O
I'm not the writer for his route, but I think it was probably chosen because the Babe's route is about cakes and stuff, and you mention wanting to eat him as well?
Not sure exactly, but, can see where they are coming from :3

Awwww, so happy you both enjoyed the game enough to want to support it financially!! ;A;
Kickstarter probably won't be up until winter, but I'll keep you updated!! XD

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#63 Post by sakurakimuchi »

Is the art acceptable?
What? Are you kidding? It's more than acceptable, it's freakin' amazing! I absolutely loved Blood God's design.
Do the rewards and goal seem achievable?
Yeah, I think so.
If you could donate, which tier would you go for?
Sadly, since I'm broke most of the time (being a college student and all) if I could donate it wouldn't be much, really, probably like $1 or $5, unfortunately.
Which character seems the most appealing so far?
The God himself, Blood God seems like such an interesting character. I loved his design and I might be wrong, but he has some sassy vibes, idk how to put it another way tho, lol.
Would you kill any of them?
It's too early to say yes or no, honestly.
Are there any questions you have about the game?Comments?
I think the whole plot/story is really creative and I love that. I'm a huge fan of stories that mix supernatural stuff with a little bit of otome, so I'm really excited right now! Good luck~

Harmonywish
Regular

#64 Post by Harmonywish »

Is the art acceptable?
It's gorgeous! I love Lucifine's tattoos ^^
Seems so!
I sadly, cannot donate anything at all, as the money I have is not technically mine :'D If the game costs money, hopefully someone will upload a play through :D
Asstaroth seems pretty interesting to me. I played the demo and I really liked the ending with the CG of him, pretty curious about what happens next :> And I adore Snek
Well I was really happy when I managed to stab Beelzebabe with a fork, but then I felt guilty onward ;w; Dunno~ Gotta see :>
I really like the funny writing! ^^

CrimsonChains
Regular

#65 Post by CrimsonChains »

@sakurakimuchi
I'm happy that you like Blood God so much! XD
He's super interesting to draw and I'm glad you like his design ;w;
No worries about not being able to donate much, I understand the college life XD *drowns in debt*
I hope that you will like the game when it comes out, thank you so much for your support!!

@Harmonywish
Hehehehe, aren't his tattoos super cool? >w<
I thought they'd make him look pretty nice!
Ah, yes, sorry, but this game will cost 5 dollars ^^;
I hope you will enjoy the updates nonetheless! Some cool art and stuff to see :D
SNEK THE SNAKE, HE'S THE BEST!!!
I'm extraordinarily happy to see Ass and Snek getting some love ;u;
Thanks for playing the demo and supporting this project!!!!

kaizuna
Projects: Blood for the Blood God-- A dating sim
Tumblr: kaizuna
Deviantart: heartsXdespise

#66 Post by kaizuna »

Harmonywish wrote:Is the art acceptable?
It's gorgeous! I love Lucifine's tattoos ^^
Seems so!
I sadly, cannot donate anything at all, as the money I have is not technically mine :'D If the game costs money, hopefully someone will upload a play through :D
Asstaroth seems pretty interesting to me. I played the demo and I really liked the ending with the CG of him, pretty curious about what happens next :> And I adore Snek
Well I was really happy when I managed to stab Beelzebabe with a fork, but then I felt guilty onward ;w; Dunno~ Gotta see :>
I really like the funny writing! ^^
Hooray!! I'm glad Asstaroth is getting some love. >w> I was worried he'd be too weird and boring for people to get into. It's super exciting to see that someone's interested in him!!
And well, yeah, Snek is a cute added bonus.
°・*:.。.☆~bruh~☆.。.:*・°

CrimsonChains
Regular

#67 Post by CrimsonChains »

The side characters which can be found on Lucifine's route! :D
These guys can only be found down Lucifine's route! ^w^
Any questions or comments? :D
I'd love to hear what you think of them! <3

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#68 Post by Zelan »

*fans self* I can't even handle the sexiness in that group picture holy shit dude

I actually looked at the picture too quickly the first time, and I thought that Jack had his hand on Robert's chest. I started mildly freaking out because I am a total SUCKER for adorable BxB things. cx

also "probably sleeps naked" I'm dying

Anyway, organized crime groups always have really interesting dynamics in fiction, so this is super exciting. ^_^

A little off-topic, but a really good organized crime movie for anyone who wants one is The Sting. It stars freaking Paul Newman, so you better go watch it.

CrimsonChains
Regular

#69 Post by CrimsonChains »

Zelan wrote:*fans self* I can't even handle the sexiness in that group picture holy shit dude

I actually looked at the picture too quickly the first time, and I thought that Jack had his hand on Robert's chest. I started mildly freaking out because I am a total SUCKER for adorable BxB things. cx

also "probably sleeps naked" I'm dying

Anyway, organized crime groups always have really interesting dynamics in fiction, so this is super exciting. ^_^

A little off-topic, but a really good organized crime movie for anyone who wants one is The Sting. It stars freaking Paul Newman, so you better go watch it.
Hehehe, happy you find them all to be good looking >w<
Definitely got some sexy people in that bunch! >:D

Pfffft, I'll be frank with you, in my head Robert and Jack have a pretty nice relationship and I'm not above shipping them myself XD
They'd be pretty cute together~

This is true, I will try to not let you down with the organized crime stuff! O3O
I think their group dynamic is a pretty nice one :D
And good to know about the movie!

Spacefur
Regular

#70 Post by Spacefur »

Can... Can I romance the Boss instead? Because hot damn, he's my type. Wouldn't sacrifice him to the blood god, no sir.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#71 Post by Zelan »

CrimsonChains wrote: Pfffft, I'll be frank with you, in my head Robert and Jack have a pretty nice relationship and I'm not above shipping them myself XD
They'd be pretty cute together~
DO IT. MAKE IT CANON.
*ahem* Even if you don't do those two specifically, it would help your story (in any of the routes) to have specific relationships (romantic or friendship) between characters besides the MC and love interests. It helps to define them a bit more, and people tend to like seeing the way characters interact with one another.
This is true, I will try to not let you down with the organized crime stuff! O3O
I think their group dynamic is a pretty nice one :D
And good to know about the movie!
I'm very excited. ^_^ I think Lucifine's route will probably be the first one I play, hehe.
Spacefur wrote: Can... Can I romance the Boss instead? Because hot damn, he's my type. Wouldn't sacrifice him to the blood god, no sir.
This was pretty much my reaction to him. cx

Harmonywish
Regular

#72 Post by Harmonywish »

Oh dear. I'm in love! All of the characters in Lucifine's route are so interesting! I'd totally go for any of them *w* Or ship them with each other! :> Jack is such a cute puppy :3

Ah, has the characters in Asstaroth's route been released? Other than Snek of course, and I adore him already :>

CrimsonChains
Regular

#73 Post by CrimsonChains »

Spacefur wrote:Can... Can I romance the Boss instead? Because hot damn, he's my type. Wouldn't sacrifice him to the blood god, no sir.
Hahaha, Boss IS da best XD
I got some big plans for him, so, even if you can't romance he you will be seeing him a lot >w<
Glad that he is loved~

@Zelan
Yeah, don't worry! :D
I definitely understand that it's really fun to see the characters interact with each other and form relationships and what not ^w^
They gonna be a great group~
As for Jack and Robert...hehehehe....well, I guess you'll have to get the game to see what happens with them >u>

I assure you that Lucifine's route will not disappoint! >:D
Harmonywish wrote:Oh dear. I'm in love! All of the characters in Lucifine's route are so interesting! I'd totally go for any of them *w* Or ship them with each other! :> Jack is such a cute puppy :3

Ah, has the characters in Asstaroth's route been released? Other than Snek of course, and I adore him already :>
yay!!! OuO
Happy to hear that you think they all look cool and what not! :D
Hahaha, definitely some good shipping opportunities down that route XD
Jack is a pretty cute guy, he works very hard to please both Boss and Lucifine ^w^

Ah, I hope to update Asstaroth's side characters next! :D
Kaizu is still working on their designs, but they are an intersting bunch XDDD
Of course, no one can beat Snek X3

CrimsonChains
Regular

#74 Post by CrimsonChains »

Sorry, not a real update ^^;;
Instead I have a question : O
Does the screen size look okay, or should I change it?
I've kept with the default 800 x 600 for the sake of trying to keep the game's file size small, but I'm wondering if those dimensions are too small.
I can change the size to 1280 x 720, but, it makes the backgrounds look...a little...well...too big..., I'll provide an example
The other option is that I could scale the size up proportionally to the original resolution?
So, something like 933 x 700?

But, of course, if the current dimensions are acceptable, that would probably be the easiest ^^;
I want to know what you all think :D
Thank you for your time! <3

Spacefur
Regular

#75 Post by Spacefur »

I think it looks good, but I'm guessing it could depend of the BG? For example, in this one, it could just be that the bed is huge (or that Blood God is smol which... sounds pretty great, actually (Also I mispelled it as Blood Bod, thanks brain)) but I'm guessing it might not look quite right if it were a street and the cars looked twice the characters's size.