Blood For the Blood God: A Dating Sim [BxB][GxB][DEMO]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
CrimsonChains
Regular
Projects: Blood for the Blood God: A Dating Sim
Tumblr: Crimson-Chains

Re: Blood For the Blood God: A Dating Sim [BxB][GxB]

#16 Post by CrimsonChains »

EuphoniousChaos wrote:Is the art acceptable?
Definitely! It's gorgeous from what I've seen!

Do the rewards and goal seem achievable?
I've never done a Kickstarter before, so I'm not exactly sure. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful in this area!

If you could donate, which tier would you go for?
I'd probably go for the Blood Hound ($10) tier. I'm usually pretty broke and I like stickers so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Which character seems the most appealing so far?
I personally like the Blood God the best but the others (especially Beelzebabe) seem really cute too!

Would you kill any of them?
I like to get all the endings in dating sims so yes, but I might feel bad for a little when I kill the nicer ones lol.

Are there any questions you have about the game?
Not right now, everything seems pretty clear so far.

Comments?
I'm super excited to see where this game goes, the art is beautiful and the story is super compelling so far! Also all of the guys are super cute so that's a plus! (I played the gag demo as well, and the music part was so great omg I was dying) Good luck and great work so far! Super excited to see it all progress over time!
Hehehe, it's still so unbelievable and super exciting to hear that ppl are enjoying the art so much! >w<

Don't worry about the kickstarter thing, it's really great feedback to know what people might be able/willing to pay! :D

Hahaha, oh man, I'm going to make players feel AWFUL about killing these guys XD
BUT IT WILL BE PRETTY SATISFYING TOO I THINK.

Thanks so much for your interest in the project! :D
I project the official demo to be out by July 5th, so stay tuned for that update! >u<
I'm happy you liked the gag demo, so, I hope you will like the official one as well OuO

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#17 Post by noeinan »

Is the art acceptable?

I really like the art, it's probably the first thing that drew me to the game.

Hmm, with any kickstarter it depends on how you go about it? The goal seems similar to other kickstarter goals for visual novels. I recommend putting information down on how long the game will me (in either total word count or hours of play.)

I think having a physical reward, even as small as stickers, being set to $10 is going to make life very difficult. Unless you're working with another company, such as Backerkit, that means you will need to ship all of those stickers by hand to each address, people's address might change between when they backed and when the game is out, etc. I generally recommend not doing physical rewards unless you absolutely have to, and then only at high levels.

I also recommend giving the full game at a higher tier-- $5 is super cheap and it means that *lots* of people are going to back at that level. Generally speaking, the most people will back at the level that will give them a copy of the game. Even if you plan to sell the game for $5, I feel like folks who are kickstarting can pay a bit more than base price because they're trying to support a new thing being made.

If you do it this way, recommend adding some other thing that is backer-only, like having their name in the credits or having a special outfit for the MC or love interests, or a special backers-only ending. Something that makes people interested in paying more right out of the gate. (Especially good if it's something where you put the work in once, and that work applies to all the backers, instead of you having to do it for each backer on an individual basis like you would with shipping.) Those are just my thoughts in general though!

Hm, it depends on my financial situation at the time of the kickstarter launch. I will usually not donate more than $20 for the base level of a game. I'm personally not super interested in stickers or wallpapers. If the game is given for free at $5 I would likely back at that level-- but as I said I do feel that's a little cheap and it might be hard to reach your goal like that. (Unless you just do a phenomenal job at marketing, like contacting a bunch of game reviewers, blogs, video game sites, Facebook pages, etc.)

I like them all, they seem good. :) I look forward to seeing more of them.

I would probably kill them one at a time. I'm a completionist, so I will pick one character and then get all their endings, then move onto the next one.

Hm, I guess how long it will be? How many endings per route? I am curious!

Comments?

I'm happy to see a non-binary protagonist!

CrimsonChains
Regular

#18 Post by CrimsonChains »

daikiraikimi wrote:Is the art acceptable?

I really like the art, it's probably the first thing that drew me to the game.

Hmm, with any kickstarter it depends on how you go about it? The goal seems similar to other kickstarter goals for visual novels. I recommend putting information down on how long the game will me (in either total word count or hours of play.)

I think having a physical reward, even as small as stickers, being set to $10 is going to make life very difficult. Unless you're working with another company, such as Backerkit, that means you will need to ship all of those stickers by hand to each address, people's address might change between when they backed and when the game is out, etc. I generally recommend not doing physical rewards unless you absolutely have to, and then only at high levels.

I also recommend giving the full game at a higher tier-- $5 is super cheap and it means that *lots* of people are going to back at that level. Generally speaking, the most people will back at the level that will give them a copy of the game. Even if you plan to sell the game for $5, I feel like folks who are kickstarting can pay a bit more than base price because they're trying to support a new thing being made.

If you do it this way, recommend adding some other thing that is backer-only, like having their name in the credits or having a special outfit for the MC or love interests, or a special backers-only ending. Something that makes people interested in paying more right out of the gate. (Especially good if it's something where you put the work in once, and that work applies to all the backers, instead of you having to do it for each backer on an individual basis like you would with shipping.) Those are just my thoughts in general though!

Hm, it depends on my financial situation at the time of the kickstarter launch. I will usually not donate more than $20 for the base level of a game. I'm personally not super interested in stickers or wallpapers. If the game is given for free at $5 I would likely back at that level-- but as I said I do feel that's a little cheap and it might be hard to reach your goal like that. (Unless you just do a phenomenal job at marketing, like contacting a bunch of game reviewers, blogs, video game sites, Facebook pages, etc.)

I like them all, they seem good. :) I look forward to seeing more of them.

I would probably kill them one at a time. I'm a completionist, so I will pick one character and then get all their endings, then move onto the next one.

Hm, I guess how long it will be? How many endings per route? I am curious!

Comments?

I'm happy to see a non-binary protagonist!
Thanks for the great feedback! :D

Ah, wow, so amazing to hear the art drew you in, such a relief to hear it's likable!!! ;w;

This is true, I do feel like I have little to offer if I don't give our physical rewards though :O
In which case, I should probably move the physical things up to a much higher tier. Maybe just put them all in the same tier since if they are all shipped together that makes it easier P:
I'm wondering what other digital rewards I could offer though?
Since it seems a lot of people don't have much interest in wallpapers x_X

I think the exclusive costume thing is a great idea! :D
Maybe I should offer the game for free at 15 dollars and also access to 1 alternate outfit for all of the guys P:
I'll think about it more, I definitely do think I should probably try and come up with more digital rewards though :O

It makes me happy that you like all the guys! >w<
I always worry about the precious children ^^;

Hmmmm
I'm not sure how long it will take, but I'm estimating a total of 100,000 words?
rather sizable I think :O

It's great to hear you like the MC as non-binary! OuO
I thought it would be nice as well, to have a character whose gender isn't defined :3

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK!!!

CrimsonChains
Regular

#19 Post by CrimsonChains »

Update! :D
Thinking of adding DLC costumes (They will be exclusive for those who donate 15 dollars)
This is Lucifine's right now, does it look good? :3

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#20 Post by Zelan »

Daaang he's got the sexy officer angle going. I'm liking it. ^_^

Veteran
Completed: Dungeons and Don't Do It, Wake Up
Projects: Lethe
IRC Nick: Pacermist

#21 Post by 78909087 »

This looks amazing!
Just looking at it, I can tell it appeals to me. The art is superb and the characters seem very well defined.
I'm not an expert at donations/rewards/tiers, but it doesn't look like your goal is exorbitant.
If I could donate I'd go for 30$, and if I really had the money... $300! I love getting things- and I'm more than willing to support this project. It looks so good...
I personally like Lucifine (hue) but the Blood God is my second favourite... If I had to kill one it would be Beelzebae... I don't know, I just think I'd be okay with killing him... Well, I'm a completionist so I'd do everything possible... Hahahaa...

I'm on my phone right now so I can't play the demo-demo, but I can guess it's amazing... The guys are all super attractive and I just wanna squeeze Lucifine's cheeks... Hue...
I'm excited to follow this game and see how it progresses!
(I'll undoubtably procrastinate my project to stalk this...)
I am not friends with the sun.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#22 Post by noeinan »

I like it!

CrimsonChains
Regular

#23 Post by CrimsonChains »

Zelan wrote:Daaang he's got the sexy officer angle going. I'm liking it. ^_^
Hehehehe, glad to hear you like it! >w<
I definitely wanted to up his sex appeal! OuO
daikiraikimi wrote:I like it!
Thanks! :D
I hope the other outfits will also be to your liking ^w^

CrimsonChains
Regular

#24 Post by CrimsonChains »

78909087 wrote:This looks amazing!
Just looking at it, I can tell it appeals to me. The art is superb and the characters seem very well defined.
I'm not an expert at donations/rewards/tiers, but it doesn't look like your goal is exorbitant.
If I could donate I'd go for 30$, and if I really had the money... $300! I love getting things- and I'm more than willing to support this project. It looks so good...
I personally like Lucifine (hue) but the Blood God is my second favourite... If I had to kill one it would be Beelzebae... I don't know, I just think I'd be okay with killing him... Well, I'm a completionist so I'd do everything possible... Hahahaa...

I'm on my phone right now so I can't play the demo-demo, but I can guess it's amazing... The guys are all super attractive and I just wanna squeeze Lucifine's cheeks... Hue...
I'm excited to follow this game and see how it progresses!
(I'll undoubtably procrastinate my project to stalk this...)
Awww, thanks so much for your words of praise!!! ^w^
I'm glad that you enjoy the art and think the characters seem interesting! :D

Awesome, thanks so much for the feedback on the tiers! OuO

Hehehe, Lucifine seems to be pretty popular XD
GONNA HAVE TO MAKE SURE HIS ROUTE IS A GOOD ONE!

Yus, I will try to keep updating on this thread as the game develops!!! >w<
I was looking at your game thread recently actually! :D
I wish you luck with your project, it looks really nice! OuO
I especially like the way your menu screen thing is arranged :3

Arkhane
Regular

#25 Post by Arkhane »

CrimsonChains wrote:[...]
*drool*
I really like your art. Eager to see the new one for Crim (Yes, he already has a surname lol.)

CrimsonChains
Regular

#26 Post by CrimsonChains »

Arkhane wrote:
CrimsonChains wrote:[...]
*drool*
I really like your art. Eager to see the new one for Crim (Yes, he already has a surname lol.)
Hurrah!! :D
Happy that you enjoy the art! >w<
Hahaha, it's funny to me to call him Crim since my username is Crimson Chains XD
But I hope his outfit will be to your liking! o3o

CrimsonChains
Regular

#27 Post by CrimsonChains »

Update! :D
I've finished the Blood God's alternate outfit! :3
Hehehehe, professor Blood God XD

Arkhane
Regular

#28 Post by Arkhane »

CrimsonChains wrote: [...]
Hahaha, it's funny to me to call him Crim since my username is Crimson Chains XD
[...]
Blood God is strange :D, he is crimson, so Crim suits him very well according to me.
CrimsonChains wrote:Update! :D
I've finished the Blood God's alternate outfit! :3
Hehehehe, professor Blood God XD
Drool I want detention

MoonByte
Regular
Completed: Shine (RPG Maker), Heroes (RPG Maker), Lantern Bearer (RPG Maker), Loop the Loop (Unity), Other Stars (Unreal), Sky Eye (RPG Maker), WIN Delivery & Fateful (Ren'Py)
Projects: Weird Is Normal (Ren'Py)

#29 Post by MoonByte »

I don't like that outfit.
How am I supposed to tease him for not having nipples now? :/
(jk, he looks great as does Lucifine. Can't wait to see what you do with the others)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#30 Post by Zelan »

He's like Professor Snape but in a really, really weird alternate universe.