Out of Sync [BxB][YaoiJam]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Bto3
Regular
Completed: Naomi, VC: Simple Answers, Out of Sync
Projects: Vibrant Color, Out of Sync
Organization: Paper Star Studios
IRC Nick: B3_/Bto3
Tumblr: paperstarstudios
itch: Bto3

Out of Sync [BxB][YaoiJam]

#1 Post by Bto3 »

Paper Star Studios and Sparkler Monthly present:

About the Game

Created and developed by Paper Star Studios, Out of Sync is the first visual novel released for Sparkler Monthly. It'll be available to play for free, with a paid adult expansion in the works. The visual novel is part of Sparkler Monthly's Year 4 line-up.

Summary
Taisei, a vocalist in the boy band 4LIGHT, is known for his poppy, electric stage persona. But that persona is just a mask to cover one major insecurity of his; he only started singing to keep up with his childhood friend, Shou. When both boys were scouted in high school, they began to drift apart, and Taisei has watched Shou -- with his superior voice but weaker stage presence -- flounder in his own band. Taisei hates that he has the career his best friend deserves.

Suffocated by the restrictive life of a pop idol he never truly wanted, Taisei tries to reconnect with Shou...only to find that Shou has also changed under the glitz and lights of the stage. Taisei isn't sure what to think of this new Shou... At least, until he kisses him.

Characters

Release Date
Summer 2016

Hello everyone! We'll be updating this thread as the assets come together over the next few weeks. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us. Twitter updates will be tagged #OutOfSyncVN for those interested! Otherwise, we'll update here.

Also, note to mods, I believe this falls within the guidelines about the KS links, since this game isn't being Kickstarted, it's simply part of another thing. Let me know if this is an issue, thanks!
Last edited by Bto3 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bto3
Regular

Re: Out of Sync [BxB][YaoiJam]

#2 Post by Bto3 »

Here's a WIP of one of the event images! Sprites are getting colored right now so I hope to get to show those off soon.

EuphoniousChaos

#3 Post by EuphoniousChaos »

This looks really cute so far! It's still early on, so I can't say much, but I really like the concept so far. Taisei seems like a very relateable character and I'm excited to see more of him. I'm pretty into singing and music too, so I'm pretty interested in the other parts of the story as well. Good luck! :)

Bto3
Regular

#4 Post by Bto3 »

Updating with a background image our artists are working on!
This is the photo shoot, where our boys end up spending a lot of their time for this assignment.

EuphoniousChaos wrote:This looks really cute so far! It's still early on, so I can't say much, but I really like the concept so far. Taisei seems like a very relateable character and I'm excited to see more of him. I'm pretty into singing and music too, so I'm pretty interested in the other parts of the story as well. Good luck! :)
Thanks for your interest! I've personally had a lot of fun writing and developing Taisei, so I hope you enjoy him when this is all done :D

I'm hoping to return with more WIP shots soon~

Bto3
Regular

#5 Post by Bto3 »

Added some silly bios to the OP and I have some GUI previews! The CG Gallery is very much a WIP (also, thank you to Leon for the code) and currently using images from our first game NAOMI for testing, but it exists! And it works!

Also featuring my 5 minute start menu, subject to change.

Aiming for an August release!

Bto3
Regular

#6 Post by Bto3 »