(archived)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Demetis
Regular

Re: sleepier & sleepier (Fantasy | Dreamworld)

#16 Post by Demetis »

-pssh- are you switching to GM:S -pssh-

And I really like the backgrounds in the new screenshots *v* They give a new feeling (a bit less fluffy fluffy dreamy because we all know what this story will be in the end :D ) //SLAPPED

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#17 Post by potouto »

Yes, I might be :0 Might is the keyword though, let's just see how it will be :9

I'm glad you like the new backgrounds! They suit the game perfectly so I'm so glad :9 As for the story, there's no guarantee, but if it's too light, it would be without depth. Anyway, finally an update with the soundtrack! Here's a small demo for the soundtrack :00

https://clyp.it/lyfc4mfa

yeah well | commission | website

Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

#18 Post by Laniessa »

aaaa the backgrounds look so good!!! The darker colours really help the readability of the screen!! The new track sounds really nice and dreamy too <3 Good luck!!!

moonbbit
Projects: Ephemeral Light: Overture, Alas: Our Poor Hearts, The Wall Between Us
Tumblr: moonbbit
itch: moonbbit

Re: sleepier & sleepier (Under Revamp)

#19 Post by moonbbit »

@laniessa: <3 <3 <3 The project is a baby of mine so I will definitely won't let it flop, mark my words!

Hey guys! After long time of death and suffering, I finally have something to update! You guys can read the full details over here at the blog, and maybe wink wonk give me a follow? I have a lot on my hands recently, mostly commissioned works, and others but I'm trying to roll back into development now that the artist is back. tl;dr: There are two new love interests and a NPC, protagonist might get a sprite and a more established personality, thoughts?

potouto
Veteran

Re: sleepier & sleepier (Otome)(23/5)

#20 Post by potouto »

After like, a few months something that I feel like years, I finally revamped the thread and update with new progress and assets. The game won't be my immediate focus but it will be in the second half of the year. Either way, I spent too much time on this sugar baby, so now I'm going to work like a slave for capitalism. Have fun and take care, cuties <3

images might or might not reflect final product, I'm just sayin

Demetis
Regular

#21 Post by Demetis »

OMG it's been years O_O Blame my lack of keeping in touch with this forum though XD'
The soundtrack is really really good. I like its purity >w<
As for the new screenshots o.o They do not show purity //SLAPPED

Keep going~ XD

Karamelow
Veteran
Projects: Fujiwara BitterSweet
Organization: Magic Bench/Karamelow

#22 Post by Karamelow »

✰ Is it really necessary to tell you that I love the GUI and all? x)

1/ What do you think about the premise of the story?
Cute and interesting!

2/ Do you have any character you'll keep an eye on? Whose route you will go after first? Actually, just tell me who's your best boy.
Mackenzie, because I like reserved boys <3

3/ Are they son material? I need to know for scientific purpose.
Yes, of course! Or rather, I just want to hug them because they are so cute (>__<)

4/Would you prefer open ending or closed ending? This might or might not be related to the game.
Well... It certainly will doesn't help, but I like both x)

5/No, I'm not going to ask if you're interested because if you're not, why would you be here. Now, to a more productive question, are you a pale pastel or a pastel goth person? And, is there anything else you want to add?
I like both pale and goth, but maybe I would tend to prefer pale pastel? (< Yes, answering a question by another one...). Anyway, did I already say that I'm a fan of your GUI and charas? x)

6/ Please buy the game when it comes out so I can make more games, I like making games, it's like slow death and torture.
Yes please, suffer more for our own pleasure! (^ o^)/ (I am not a sadist, I swear!)

7/Gods, I'm bad with this question thing, it's four in the morning. I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to the project and give me good advice along the way.
*pat pat* Well thanks to you for making cute things!

plaster
Regular
Tumblr: plasterbrain
Soundcloud: plasterbrain

#23 Post by plaster »

Your graphic design skills KNOCK MY SOCKS OFF!

Jin
Regular
Projects: Ephemeral (Writer), Woman of Xal (Singer for Demo/VO), Cute Demon Crashers (VO), Ashes of Destruction (Writer)
Soundcloud: anairisqui

#24 Post by Jin »

aaaa, I just so happened to come across this night and the thread absolutely made my night <3 I love the soft pastel look, and the character designs are all so cute! Love Mackenzie's best~ (also, your lil jokes/2real comments were amazing and relatable. blesss)

as for praise--EXCESSIVE PRAISE OVER DECORATION CUZ THE THREAD IS SO NICE TO LOOK AT! ;a; <3

✰ What do you think about the premise of the story?
I'm into it! I'm curious to see how exactly you'll approach this setup, though I can tell the character's interactions will be interesting to read. I really like the witty writing you have going on; reminds me a bit of Rick Riordan, actually. I hope to see more of that in-game. :)
I'm looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds!!
✰ Do you have any character you'll keep an eye on? Whose route you will go after first? Actually, just tell me who's your best boy.
Mackenzie!!! Though Deere is cute af
✰ Are they son material? I need to know for scientific purpose.
Mackenzie feels like son material tbh -clings and snugs- though lmao beckett with that sass and ester!! can i just collect these as my children?? I aspire to have children as savage as these kids
✰ Would you prefer open ending or closed ending? This might or might not be related to the game.
hmmm, it always depends! if I get really attached to the characters, I'd like something more open, just because I don't want to say goodbye :( but I suppose I'll answer closed!
✰ No, I'm not going to ask if you're interested because if you're not, why would you be here. Now, to a more productive question, are you a pale pastel or a pastel goth person? And, is there anything else you want to add?
pastel goth is life, omg <3
thank you so much for sharing this! I can't wait to see more updates; I've followed you on Twitter so I could see it in real-time (cuz my forgetful ass will totally miss updates on the thread)
good luck, hun!!

moonbbit
Projects: Ephemeral Light: Overture, Alas: Our Poor Hearts, The Wall Between Us
Tumblr: moonbbit
itch: moonbbit

#25 Post by moonbbit »

Our good boy, other good boy at least, is here! Wyatt is the librarian of Dormeur town, he's the only NPC in the story. He's also in charge of giving advice and help, if there's anything you're confused about, whether it concerns the world, the story, the characters, Wyatt is always ready to help! cries because I can't give him a route

@Demetis: What are you talking about, they're so pure, too pure for this world
actually it's probably because they're too pure this world so that's why they're in Heimat smacked
look at Mackenzie, he's a pure cinnamon roll
my son, my sunshine in this cold, sleeping land without the sun

@MelowBee: Another person converted into Mackenzie cult, yes good
I will try my best to make the game utterly cute so the suffering is tenfold :^)
Hoho, thank you for loving the characters and the designs huehue

@plaster: Thank you so much <33

@Jin: uwaaah thank you so much for liking this thread, I tried to do my best and before I knew it, six hours have passed ฅ(๑ↀᆺↀ๑)ฅ never have I wanted to die so fast, thank you again <33

funny that you mentioned the writing, originally I planned to have some sort of fluffy cute writing but then, it's Beckett's fault, it's all his fault we ended up here. He has too much snark with his 'too bad you're amnesiac and dead, sucks to be you' and then we can't be G for General Audience anymore because he keeps threatening to murder Deere in his sleep

another one for Mackenzie cult heuheuheu my son is loved I'm blessed
hnnng thank you so much for your support! I will try my best, working hard for the game ! ! !

Averxy
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
Projects: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Organization: fablesoft.itch.io
Tumblr: FablesoftStudios

#26 Post by Averxy »

Wow the art looks amazing <3 Your artist is so great.
I can't decide whether I like Beckett or Wyatt more!
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
WIP: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Check out Arena Circus, The Pretenders Guild, and Mnemonic Devices by Minyan!

potouto
Veteran

#27 Post by potouto »

@Averxy: Thank you so much <33 They're both cuties ahaha

Nothing interesting for this month but I'm obliged to make monthly update so here we go with some musical test and some non-spoilery CGs. I'm going to get new ones all over again with the increased amount of assets ;-; Nothing major, just Beckett's route. Anyway, I realised I will need a demo for the final game since it's going to be a commercial release, late realisation I tell you. Either way, I'm trying for a demo release during September if everything goes well?

kistnerelizabeth
Regular

Re: sleepier & sleepier (Otome)

#28 Post by kistnerelizabeth »

Beckett, Mackenzie, and Wyatt are flippin' adorable! I took one look at their picks and just wanted to hug them. Your character art is awesome. I love the color scheme used. I just love the overall look of this game and definitely can't wait to see more about it. <3

sonnenblumen
Regular
Projects: Project: Perfectly Normal

#29 Post by sonnenblumen »

Dying. It’s just too cute. As a pastel fan, I'm going to keep an eye out this game's release for sure!

LuckyCats
Regular

#30 Post by LuckyCats »

✰ Praise me for the thread's decoration because I slack off work to make this instead, now, back to being a slave for capitalism. And I just realised I forgot to do the feature part so I included it in the progress.

Praise be upon you and all the project members for your hard work, awesome artwork+gui, and intriguing game! ヾ(@^∇^@)ノ

✰ What do you think about the premise of the story?

I like it, I'm always interested in stories that contain reincarnation, alternate worlds, time loops, fantasy settings or some combo of the above. With that kind of setting there are no limits :)

✰ Do you have any character you'll keep an eye on? Whose route you will go after first? Actually, just tell me who's your best boy.

Mackenzie all the way! his adorableness and shyness slays me such a cute cinna kitten (。>‿‿<。 )

✰ Would you prefer open ending or closed ending? This might or might not be related to the game.

Would it be hard to do both? Example the endings are left open ended but there is an epilogue in extras for ppl to learn more that prefer it that way?
A hard question to answer because both have potential. I feel with open endings it leaves room for sequels, spin offs, there's that feeling of what if and potential that sparks imagination and can be thought provoking. Buuuut with closed endings come answers, closure, and more canon info about the characters fates and the world you've become invested in.
If I had to choose I'd say closed ending because they are more satisfying for my inner curiosity beast :3

✰ are you a pale pastel or a pastel goth person?

If the art style were to change and lean more towards pastel goth how would the design elements change? I like the art as it is now but am curious about how it would look in the other.

✰ Are they son material? I need to know for scientific purpose.

This is the first time I've ever seen son material as a question lol
Yes I suppose if I was in the market for high quality son material I'd come to your shop X'D

✰And, is there anything else you want to add?

Since its a spin off will we see these specific characters again but in a different way? Will Heimat be released too?

About Deere not being as popular as the others I think its cause he's the only human eared one XD and everyone is all kemonomimi fan in their hearts, speaking of which he might catch more fans if he had elfin ears, mermaid ears, or antlers/horns X3