(archived)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
moonbbit
Projects: Ephemeral Light: Overture, Alas: Our Poor Hearts, The Wall Between Us
Organization: MOONBBIT☆
Tumblr: moonbbit
itch: moonbbit

(archived)

#1 Post by moonbbit »

(archived)
Last edited by moonbbit on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:23 am, edited 20 times in total.

chocoberrie
Veteran
Projects: Marshmallow Days

Re: sleepier & sleepier (Fantasy | Dreamworld)

#2 Post by chocoberrie »

Lovely GUI, potouto! As you already know~ ovo It definitely gives off a dreamworld/fluffy feel!

1. Do you like the feel of the game? What do you think about the plot?

Yes! It sounds (and looks) really cute and fun! The plot already puts forth questions for the player to want to find out, which is awesome. Why is the MC amnesiac? What are the memories they forgot? And what's the truth behind B.I.'s memories/why he acts the way he does towards the MC?

2. What do you think about the theme of the story?

It's really interesting! Reincarnation, lost memories/trying to regain them (or not wanting to)... these ideas have a supernatural feel that goes well with the dreamworld setting. Memories are fickle, aren't they? (Even if we don't want them to be, haha)

3. Provided that there will be more games in the series, what would you want to see in the next?

If this will be a series, it would be neat to explore more themes! Are there any other ones in Heimat that you want to explore further?

4. Do you want to tap that B.I the bunny boy winkwonk

He's so cute! (I'd want to hug him~)

If he was reincarnated as a bunny boy, are there other characters like him too? :D

euphorics
Regular
Tumblr: niraniranegi
Deviantart: euphorics

#3 Post by euphorics »

kouhi i'm so hype

yes, a+++++
it feels super dreamy and innocent, too innocent actually!! as if it's suggesting/hiding something much darker~
the plot deals with concepts that have been used many times, but seems to combine them in what feels to be an entirely new way!! i'm really excited to see how this unfolds!!! the plot also gives off a sort of sci-fi feel, but with some fantasy elements i think?

i wish i had a better word for it, but it's really interesting and intriguing!! things like reincarnation, memories -- these are all things that give off a very dreamy, ethereal sort of feel i'd say? there's nothing tangible about them, nothing stable or solid; because of that, i think they provide a lot of room for imagination and creation, and it's hard to predict which way the story will go!!

3. Provided that there will be more games in the series, what would you want to see in the next?
i also think it would be good to explore different themes!! i think what would be expected in a series like this would be to explore different worlds instead, and that's completely fine as well; but it might be more interesting to see a focus on different themes for the next one!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
bring on the shotas
tumblr devart

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

!!!! i have come, other tiddy, the tomato to my leooooo, the lobster to my ryoma, the noodle to my xander, the...... inferiority complex to my takumi ihtae you sm

Love love love it! Afterlife stories are always so fun and interesting (and depressing???), it's the full package! Really can't wait to know more of the characters! Though if you're gonna go full angst, my dear potouto, after fooling us with all this cutesy display and make us slowly plunge down into hell imgonnahavetocutsomeoneiswear- (that someone is you btw, spoilers spoilers)

Supernatural stuffs are my absolute forte! And deaths!! Yay!!! And you're doing all of these in the cutest way too so double yay!!!!!

The world setting is still a bit unclear to me actually, so I don't know what I wanna know??? Maybe some different perspectives with very different pasts/stories from adults, teenagers, animals even (pom finds wifi material!!!!), or if any ethereal beings exist in the same setting like angels? If that's even possible of course!

I <: don't <: want <: to <: go <: to <: jail <:
But he could be a great son yas <3

Good luck tomato kinker <333333

n0tgin
Regular

#5 Post by n0tgin »

Your GUI is fantastic as always!! Even if pastels aren't to my taste the art assets (GUI, sprites) presented are still top-notch.
OK so for questions.

I'm not really into cutesy things and everything kind of has a dreamy feeling to it so far--I personally prefer stories which are more straight-to-the-point, but I'm open to anything!! I like the idea of the plot, if it's part of a series, I think there are a lot of directions you could take with a world like that.

Reincarnation stories sometimes feel really slow to me, but like I said I'm open to anything!!

A few points you could explore!!
  • Is there a point to reincarnation for the people living in the afterworld? Since you mentioned a plague preventing them from reincarnation, they try to live as happily as possible, but if they're happy already, is there a point to reincarnating? Not sure if everyone is an amnesiac like the protagonist, but if they are, why would most of the population want to live another life when they don't remember/know their previous loved ones?
  • Adding to the one above, what if the residents form new loved ones in the afterlife--after the plague has passed, why would they want to live again as someone who retains no memories of their previous relationships? Some residents might feel it to be too much, to forget and leave everyone you love behind, not once, but twice.
  • Assuming there will be romance in the future involving the protagonist, you could pose this question to the protagonist! It'd be interesting, haha.
  • Happy endings. Listen, I'm a sucker for them.
He's cute 'n' apparently he takes care of the protagonist in the dreamworld so I mean. I wouldn't tap him but I do like that type who takes care of you if you're a love interest.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#6 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

It sounds like a cute little game. The plot seems interesting; dying and ending up in a town with amnesia, and an ADORABLE bunny boy, yeah this sounds like my kind of game. XD

It seems like a serene and sweet topic. Interacting with the world and residents of the placid Heimat town will be a pleasant and fun experience.

MORE CUTE BOYS!!! *Shot.* Er, just a little romance and humor. I know, not terribly specific, but I haven't been feeling well, though I am much better, so I have no real ideas at the moment. *Coughcuteboyscough*

I wouldn't mind an opportunity to get closer to him...a LOT closer. :) He's really cute, and I think it's really sweet how he sleeps so much.

wonpei

------------------------------

#7 Post by wonpei »

------------------------------
Last edited by wonpei on Wed May 19, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว

#8 Post by potouto »

chocoberrie wrote:Lovely GUI, potouto! As you already know~ ovo It definitely gives off a dreamworld/fluffy feel!
n0tgin wrote:Your GUI is fantastic as always!! Even if pastels aren't to my taste the art assets (GUI, sprites) presented are still top-notch.
wonpei wrote:aaaahh jojo your gui is always so beautiful i'm!!!!!!! v impressed 👌👌👌
struts Thank you all lovelies, sending cuddliest loves from potato toward everyone...that was so cheesy please punch.
@euphorics: hype with you
@nero279: pls u luv luv me please stop denying to avoid further confusion takumi to my inferiority complex c; Now onto actual answering, I'm gonna punch myself. Image
I love how the feedbacks received get mixed between gushing over the cuteness and giving the writer the side-eye. Some might have sniffed out what's planned for the plot and are giving away little hints, you guys are so wonderful <3 pls stay quiet i know how to make people disappear
It's a really great thing that everyone find the theme interesting so far. Smacks nero sideway for doing sarcasm but kisses on forehead for the genuine support. What have been shown is barely the bone of the story, so yes, some of you have been giving right guesses about something more different underlying the cute exterior c: i will find you guys i s2g
Thanks everyone for the feedbacks, I will make sure to try and explore all options available in the next game. But yes, everyone who arrives to Heimat are amnesiac like protagonist, the afterlife world where everyone are dead and amnesiac. The reincarnation is pretty unstoppable, it can be avoided for a while but memories tend to catch up and swallow people into reincarnation whether they want it or not. It's mostly info dump at this point. The process of reincarnation also causes people to be forgotten by the residents after they move on as well, thus it's only by text that's recorded until this day that people of Heimat knows of that fact. The land of Lucent where the story largely revolves around is big, it stands alone as a continent of dreams after all, there will be more stories to be told and more places to be known.
Guys please stop sending mixed signalsImage Yes, there are other characters like him, some you can actually tap now can you please : ^ ) and there's no jail in Heimat, embrace your inner shota molester, I know you are thirsty

yeah well | commission | website

khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#9 Post by khnachi »

Plot is awesome, I love the concept and world you're gonna build behind it. I love the fluffy feel of the art, the character, the GUI and that dream-like bg.

I'm not really a fan of fantasy type of story, but this makes me wanna give it a go. And also the bunny boy is giving me layyyyfaaaa.

Uhm...more games with BI in it. duh.

I just wanna put him in a blanket and snuggle up to him~ :mrgreen:

potouto
Veteran

#10 Post by potouto »

Updated below.
Last edited by potouto on Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

potouto
Veteran

#11 Post by potouto »

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) what's better than updating the thread with saucy fanart by wonpei. I like it when people sin. Don't do this at home, kids.

On the side note, I'm heavily editing the script due to the previous mentioned changes. I might have to go and run back to change the script a few times to change the tone and point of views, hopefully it will worth the effort <3

moonbbit

#12 Post by moonbbit »

Our official blog is up and running. There are a few things still need to be tweaked but most of the contents are finalised. Please check out the blog and give us a follow if you can!
Aside from that, the team also has a twitter at here. Related game development content and the like will be updated more often in the future.
Last edited by moonbbit on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

#13 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

The artwork and UI seem really nice and atmospheric. Great job with it! :)
There are some grammar errors in the description, though. You might think about going through a proofreader.

I can't comment on the story at this point, it seems pretty cryptic so far (I guess it's a spin-off of the Heimat project you mention; I haven't looked into that yet), but it looks promising. Good luck! :)
ImageImageImageImage

moonbbit

#14 Post by moonbbit »

Thirty million years later...

Okay, not that long but we clearly missed the release date >;3
Due to some problems with the delay of assets arrival, the game is pushed to a later date, maybe next year!
Who knows...not me. I'm joking...sort of. Everything are completed but since the delay prolonged the game development's length. There will be new asset added into the game <: More characters yay! More illustrations yay! More chibis yay!

And back to our regular schedule of procrastination and busy schedule.

potouto
Veteran

#15 Post by potouto »

Probably just 4 in the morning thought but I'm thinking about the new features of the game. Originally, it has well, what you saw in the first post but now there will be more writing contents, as expected, characters, and hopefully I'll be able to net some CGs once Waffle stop being busy. Of course, there are also other features that have yet to surface outside of development.

About the release, Sleepier & Sleepier will definitely be commercial, the price is still debated but it will be no more than $5. I might have to switch engine around due to gameplay problem thought :0