Blemish [Drama][Suspense][Psychological][Kickstarter][Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Graff
Regular

Blemish [Drama][Suspense][Psychological][Kickstarter][Demo]

#1 Post by Graff »

Live on Kickstarter! http://kck.st/2w3okGs
About
A suspense visual novel featuring the connection between psychiatrist and patient. Blemish attempts to move and astonish its players with heart-wrenching drama and a sweeping background score. A story of empathy and frustration.

Story
Tobias Gamble is a family therapist whom various married couples recommend to others in the small city of Flanston. He's praised for his familiar way of association and candidly speaking on his own experiences as a married individual. Having little doubt in his career, Tobias yields a proud and charismatic nature, at least until after he associates with his first adolescent client.

Zoe Matthews, the client in question, is found dead in her bedroom after committing suicide. It isn't long before the event becomes gossip throughout the city, and Tobias' composure is left shattered. Wallowing in guilt, he trudges along to his next client, another young girl by the name of "Millicent."

Tobias commences the assessment disheartened and distrustful of his ability, and he'll soon find there's little rest to be had.

Characters
Blemish is a contemporary drama visual novel game with suspense elements. The game will consist entirely of first-person narration and dialogue between characters. There will be pivotal choices that will change the outcome of the story. There will be a variety of settings within the game; it will not be limited to Millicent's therapy. In other words, there will be more stories to tell in Blemish outside of Tobias' career.
Features
Custom character and background art.
Original thought-provoking soundtrack
Multiple choices with four endings.
Screenshots

Credits
Creator/Writer/Composer/GUI Artist: Graff
GUI Programming: Dovahkitteh
Character Artists: Kelly, Mashiko Saoto
Background Artist: Pavel G.
Trailer Character Animation: Hishnul
I am working on getting a demo out for everyone to try and get a sense of the game's atmosphere. Progress will be updated to this thread. You can also follow me on the Twitter if you'd like.
Last edited by Graff on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:36 am, edited 34 times in total.

hoihoisoi
Regular
Projects: The Lost Sheep Of Purgatory 「煉獄の亡羊」
Organization: House Of Duematrix
Tumblr: HouseOfDuematrix

Re: Blemish [Nakige][Drama][Suspense][Commercial]

#2 Post by hoihoisoi »

The art looks great. Absolutely wonderful. Hopefully we'll get a little more of the story later on to further understand where each character is coming from since it's a little vague now. But overall, it looks good as of now. Good luck on the project man! :D
Current Active Project:
[Mystery, Comedy, Drama]
[Kinetic Novel]

Check it out by clicking on the siggy above!

Graff
Regular

Re: Blemish [Drama][Suspense][Commercial]

#3 Post by Graff »

hoihoisoi wrote:The art looks great. Absolutely wonderful. Hopefully we'll get a little more of the story later on to further understand where each character is coming from since it's a little vague now. But overall, it looks good as of now. Good luck on the project man! :D
Thanks a bunch, pal. I'll definitely try to share more!
Last edited by Graff on Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

Re: Blemish [Nakige][Drama][Suspense][Commercial]

#4 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Well, this looks quite interesting, and the artwork is great.
I'd like to know more about the story and characters, but so far it's intriguing.
Good luck, guys!
ImageImageImageImage

Graff
Regular

Re: Blemish [Drama][Suspense][Commercial]

#5 Post by Graff »

The original post has been updated with lots more information and artwork. A Kickstarter campaign with a demo is planned to commence very soon!

Graff
Regular

Re: Blemish [Drama][Suspense][Psychological][Commercial]

#6 Post by Graff »

A demo for Blemish is up! https://pavior.itch.io/blemish

Graff
Regular

Re: Blemish [Drama][Suspense][Psychological][Commercial][Dem

#7 Post by Graff »

Blemish is coming to Kickstarter on August 1!
It's the moment of truth for myself and anyone looking forward to the game. Regardless of the outcome, I am grateful for every single person who's shown support, whether socially or financially. The campaign will launch with a funding goal of $3500. It's ambitious for a first-timer, and the journey will be a heart-racing one; one that I'd be delighted to share with everyone here.

Blemish is an idea that I've had for a couple of years now. I understand there's some risk involved with making a visual novel of this type, as there's a larger demographic for otome/dating sims. However, I've always admired focused drama over romance, although that isn't to say my games won't have elements of intimacy.

As they say here: "make the VN you want to make".

Save the date!

ashegads
Regular
Completed: Amaranth, Hart Connection, The D (Stands for Demon)[Demo], Naxos, Meninx
Projects: My Only Sunshine, Once Upon an Electric Dream, Battle Royal for Your Heart
Tumblr: pixelsandpins
Soundcloud: pixelsandpins
itch: pixelsandpins

Re: Blemish [Drama][Suspense][Psychological][Commercial][Dem

#8 Post by ashegads »

Really great demo, and I'm looking forward to the full release and the kickstarter.
Ashe·Pixels and Pins Studio
Voice Acting·Writing·Game Design
Tumblr·Twitter·YouTube·Site

Graff
Regular

Re: Blemish [Drama][Suspense][Psychological][Kickstarter][Demo]

#9 Post by Graff »

Blemish is now live on Kickstarter! You can check out an updated demo as well!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/te ... and-family

Graff
Regular

#10 Post by Graff »

Currently at 24% funding with 20 days left! Check out the newest update regarding news coverage and an interview. Doing my darndest to spread that word!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/te ... ts/1960700

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#11 Post by Zelan »

It's a shame to see that you didn't make your funding goal. My guess would be that there wasn't enough marketing going on - you needed to spread the word further than it got. I hope you still go through with this project, though - it looks interesting, and I don't think I've ever seen a VN (or even any other story) with a subject like this.