REVAMPED! - The Vampire's Call [Supernatural, Comedy] [GxG/B]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: The Vampire's Call [Supernatural, Romance, Comedy] [GxG/

#46 Post by Zelan »

Are you kidding? I absolutely want the broom ending. Valerie x Broomy is my OTP.

And it doesn't matter if your writing is slow - I can wait for brilliance like that.

Spacefur
Regular
Tumblr: studio-meh

#47 Post by Spacefur »

Ok I'm glad to be back from vacation if only because I got to read those snippets.

Please Scarecrow, take me away in your wheaty arms <3

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular
Completed: The Crystal Castle
Projects: My Ninja Life

#48 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

This sounds hilarious. I always love a good totally not suspicious maid.

Smudgeed
Regular
itch: smud

#49 Post by Smudgeed »

bellice wrote:Yay werewolf lore! It'll be a fun day when MC notices she's grown taller than her werewolf gf. (I pity Maria, I truly do.)

And those snippets of writing are hilarious. It's exactly my kind of humour. ('I have lots of eggs in the kitchen!' lmao) I get being slow at writing - I have the same problem. I usually end up having most art assets down and then the writing takes five million years.
Haha just imagining that is fun. the MC does start off as the shortest character in the game too lol

yessss I'm glad you find them funny :') also I feel that, i feel that deeply.
Zelan wrote:Are you kidding? I absolutely want the broom ending. Valerie x Broomy is my OTP.

And it doesn't matter if your writing is slow - I can wait for brilliance like that.
WELL I WARNED YOU lmao

pffftttt you flatter me too much
Spacefur wrote:Ok I'm glad to be back from vacation if only because I got to read those snippets.

Please Scarecrow, take me away in your wheaty arms <3
lol Wheaty arms sounds like a cereal. Wheat flakes? Mini-Wheats? No, Wheaty Arms...or a wheat-based weapons company called wheaty arms
Flowers from Nowhere wrote:This sounds hilarious. I always love a good totally not suspicious maid.
Thank you! Lmao me too tbh

--------------

It's been a while since an update! With school, it's been hard to do anything! I also lost the file for my last Sylvia CG so I had to redraw that :') and now my dream of getting this out in time for Halloween is gone lmao As i write, i find that I'm making this game much longer than it's supposed to be so right now i'm working on ways to see what i can cut to get this game out as soon as possible! The current plan is to finish Sylvia's route and the gag endings and release the game like that (as a sort of beta). And when I finish writing Brett, Eric and Maria's endings, I'll put out the whole game.

Anyway, happy holidays! I have plans to make a super quick game (like in a couple of days) for the winter season but we'll see how that goes lmao Here's a quick drawing that i did over my re-draw of the Sylvia CG lol hope you are all well and having fun!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: The Vampire's Call [Supernatural, Comedy] [GxG/B]

#50 Post by Zelan »

Yooooooo this is back!! :D Talk about an early Christmas present!

Sylvia and Valerie look so cute together in that CG. <3 I'm such a sucker for holiday things.

bellice
Veteran

#51 Post by bellice »

Well lemme tell you, I'm still anxiously waiting for this one.

Smudgeed
Regular

#52 Post by Smudgeed »

@Zelan
thanks ; ) well, it was always back. I'm just a real sinner and horrible at updating people on things (sorry!) I'm a sucker for holiday things too (hence why I made an entire holiday themed game lol)

@bellice
You warm my cOLD HEART RIGHT UP

And a lil' update but my friend, Mysterious Friend (and my partner-in-crime on "Winter Lover"), has officially joined my team and is working on the remaining art (which is just the CG art). She's actually helped me out with art in the past, and the art in this game as well, but is just now coming out of the darkness to properly claim her recognition like she should lol

We were unfortunately unable to work on this at all during the winter break, and we're working on a larger game together besides this. There also may or may not be something released for Valentine's day. Honestly, it's all on me to just get off my butt and finish writing Sylvia's route so I can release 1/4 of the game but we have decided to go with releasing the game in parts as each character is done. Hopefully the next update I give you all will be the update were I announce that we've released a part of the game ;--)

as always, thank you for dropping in!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#53 Post by Zelan »

Oh, that's awesome! ^_^ I really like Mysterious Friend's style, and you two form a great dev team.

Antizaba

#54 Post by Antizaba »

Wow, how did i miss this? This game looks awesome! I LOVE everything about this game. I can't even decide who is my favourite character, because they all look AMAZING :) I can't wait to play this!

(since you asked about writing in 2nd person... I personally don't care, I like 1st and 2nd person equally :) )

Smudgeed
Regular

Re: REVAMPED! - The Vampire's Call [Supernatural, Comedy] [GxG/B]

#55 Post by Smudgeed »

slips back in here

Hey! So I was going through my old files and wondered why I never finished this game. So, it's back! Re-VAMPed (get it) with new art. Stay tuned for more updates in the coming days! Just redoing and polishing up the old assets. The outline and script are still here.

Here's a fun comparison of the old assets vs the new.

Image*

Haven't posted anything over here yet but you can check out the TWITER (https://twitter.com/thevampirescall) and TUMBLR (https://thevampirescall.tumblr.com/) for more updates!

See you all very soon.

*maria's new sprite isn't one I'm completely happy with yet, so it may change!