REVAMPED! - The Vampire's Call [Supernatural, Comedy] [GxG/B]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: The Vampire's Call [Supernatural, Romance, Comedy] [GxG/

#31 Post by Zelan »

ohohoHO Smudge you are so clever. cx That author tho.

Now that you've revealed more parents, I'm curious about what their relationships with their kids and with the main character will be like.

Smudgeed
Regular
itch: smud

#32 Post by Smudgeed »

bellice wrote:I feel sorry for Sylvia, to be honest, because....well damn, I'm gonna have to go after her mom.
You know, JUST for you I've added in the option to flirt with her mom lmao
Spacefur wrote:Cain got dem guns. Sylvia's mom looks like she'll fuck me up, I'm in love.

Also I adore the book design, reminds me of the one in Beetlejuice in tone, but more elegant?
lol I'm glad you like them :')

Yes, the "Handbook for the Recently Deceased" is also an inspiration for the book. I'm having a lot of fun writing it.
Zelan wrote:ohohoHO Smudge you are so clever. cx That author tho.

Now that you've revealed more parents, I'm curious about what their relationships with their kids and with the main character will be like.
hoho who is Emily? guess you gotta wait and find out ;-----)

Family plays a big part in the game (even though I didn't intend for it to), so I think you'll find that their relationship to their children and to the main character is important. I've always liked writing family relationships, I think you'll find the relationship between Cain, Maria and the main character to be a lot of fun. The other's a very interesting too, I think I'll skip on explaining them because it would be better to experience in game but I hope you like it!

A big thank you to you three for commenting and being so active on this thread, it means a lot! It's also very encouraging! So thank you! If you guys want your names in the credits as a sort of shoutout, let me know.

I can also show off a proper screenshot of the game, as the main character's side sprite is 50% done.

Have a great day!

bellice
Veteran

#33 Post by bellice »

Smudgeed wrote:You know, JUST for you I've added in the option to flirt with her mom lmao
Smudgeed, you are good and true and you should know that.
Smudgeed wrote:A big thank you to you three for commenting and being so active on this thread, it means a lot! It's also very encouraging! So thank you! If you guys want your names in the credits as a sort of shoutout, let me know.
Honestly, I'm just happy seeing you be active. I don't know why I love all your game ideas so much, but I do, AND they always end up encouraging me to continue working on my own projects. So I think it's just fair I keep telling you how great your stuff is. :lol:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#34 Post by Zelan »

That screenshot is extremely amusing to me.

I'm glad that my commenting is encouraging! Of course, it helps that you post so often (and such good stuff!), too. I try to be active in the thread for any game that I like, but if there are no updates there really isn't much I can do in that vein.

Smudgeed
Regular

#35 Post by Smudgeed »

bellice wrote:
Smudgeed, you are good and true and you should know that.

Honestly, I'm just happy seeing you be active. I don't know why I love all your game ideas so much, but I do, AND they always end up encouraging me to continue working on my own projects. So I think it's just fair I keep telling you how great your stuff is. :lol:
lmao you're welcome

Well, I'm still grateful for the encouragement and I'd feel bad if I couldn't thank you in some way! If you don't mind, I'd like to thank you for your participation in the credits :)
Zelan wrote:That screenshot is extremely amusing to me.

I'm glad that my commenting is encouraging! Of course, it helps that you post so often (and such good stuff!), too. I try to be active in the thread for any game that I like, but if there are no updates there really isn't much I can do in that vein.
Yeah, that does make a lot of sense haha But it still does mean a lot to me! So if you don't mind, I'd like to thank you by giving you some sort of acknowledgement :)

AND though it took me a while, I finally finished all of the event graphics for Sylvia ;-)

and if anyone's curious, here's Maria's sprite in werewolf form. Unfortunately due to my laziness, Maria will probably be the only character seen in werewolf form.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#36 Post by Zelan »

daaaAAAAMN that kiss cg tho

Maria's werewolf form is stunning! I love the texturing for her fur. The torn clothes kind of remind me of the Incredible Hulk, hehe. cx

bellice
Veteran

#37 Post by bellice »

Sweet (and sometimes hostile, I assume) lady kisses and werewolves. *happy sigh* I can't wait. I just...I really love werewolves, you know? Never cared much for vampires, but werewolves...yess.

And you can obviously credit us if you want, I just don't want you to think it's necessary or anything. Getting to play that game is gonna be reward enough for us, I presume. :)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#38 Post by Zelan »

bellice wrote:And you can obviously credit us if you want, I just don't want you to think it's necessary or anything. Getting to play that game is gonna be reward enough for us, I presume. :)
Seconded. c: I promise I won't trash you if I'm not in the credits.

Smudgeed
Regular

#39 Post by Smudgeed »

Zelan wrote:daaaAAAAMN that kiss cg tho

Maria's werewolf form is stunning! I love the texturing for her fur. The torn clothes kind of remind me of the Incredible Hulk, hehe. cx
;--------)

Haha I'm glad you think it looks nice! Yes, the ripped clothes were very Hulk-like because I imagine that they'd rip as she would transform
bellice wrote:Sweet (and sometimes hostile, I assume) lady kisses and werewolves. *happy sigh* I can't wait. I just...I really love werewolves, you know? Never cared much for vampires, but werewolves...yess.

And you can obviously credit us if you want, I just don't want you to think it's necessary or anything. Getting to play that game is gonna be reward enough for us, I presume. :)
Honestly me too, I've always liked werewolves so much more than vampires. So there was a lot reimaging that happened with the vampires in this game so I could make my not-really-vampire-liking heart happy. I love werewolves, I want to make a game all about them lmao
Zelan wrote:
bellice wrote:And you can obviously credit us if you want, I just don't want you to think it's necessary or anything. Getting to play that game is gonna be reward enough for us, I presume. :)
Seconded. c: I promise I won't trash you if I'm not in the credits.
I'm glad you're both okay with it! I want to be able to thank you both so it gives my heart a little ease to be able to put you both in there--which you two are, by the way. Officially in the credits.

--
And since I don't like posting without something to show here's the sprites of the main cast in their half-clothed glory :') They still need to be coloured and more expressions and outfits need to be draw but...they're practically done!

Also I realize that this makes Maria look really short, but it's mostly just that everyone else is very tall lmao The MC is actually the shortest character in-game, due to the way that Vampires grow.

Hope you're all having a nice day! Hopefully I will have more to show soon! I always like to work two projects at the same time (since working one always makes me feel bummed for some reason) but I accidentally dedicated too much time to the other project lmao The other project is a lot of fun though, but I want to finish TVC first of course

bellice
Veteran

#40 Post by bellice »

Verrry nice! (Is Brett wearing any underpants? Cause he looks like he's going all Free Willy on us here.) (Not that I mind.)

So exactly how tall IS everyone? Mostly I'd like to know what kind of height difference with the MC I can expect. Because yay height difference. :D

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#41 Post by Zelan »

bellice wrote:Verrry nice! (Is Brett wearing any underpants? Cause he looks like he's going all Free Willy on us here.) (Not that I mind.)

So exactly how tall IS everyone? Mostly I'd like to know what kind of height difference with the MC I can expect. Because yay height difference. :D
Your choice of words made me snicker. cx

I love the sprites! Erik's tattoo is very cool. And I love what Maria's wearing. <3

Smudgeed
Regular

#42 Post by Smudgeed »

bellice wrote:Verrry nice! (Is Brett wearing any underpants? Cause he looks like he's going all Free Willy on us here.) (Not that I mind.)

lmao I was hoping no one would notice. I was too lazy to draw pants on him so I cropped the image at the bottom (because you obviously can't have is donger flying around the internet). He's the only one I haven't drawn clothing for yet but I realize now I could have just censored him....

Perfect.

And for how tall everyone is..I may have messed up drawing the heights a bit but the MC is approximately 5'2", probably a bit taller. She is still growing though, and in 50-ish years she'll stop growing and be about 5'6". Again, this has to do with the fact that the MC is a born vampire, rather than one that was turned. So, she grows a little strangely. Maria is 5'4". Erik is about 5'10". As Hunters tend to be tall; Sylvia is about 6 feet. Brett is also about 6 feet tall (and he should be the tallest in game) because... ;) (actually it's just that he ate his veggies because his mom told him to). The MC's face should be right at Sylvia and Brett's chests, which is probably great for hugs I assume.

@Zelan
Thanks! Erik's tattoo is his family's crest...which really doesn't look like a crest but...you know. And that's Maria's swimsuit! Glad you like it :)

bellice
Veteran

#43 Post by bellice »

Smudgeed wrote:

lmao I was hoping no one would notice. I was too lazy to draw pants on him so I cropped the image at the bottom (because you obviously can't have is donger flying around the internet). He's the only one I haven't drawn clothing for yet but I realize now I could have just censored him....

(image)

Perfect.

And for how tall everyone is..I may have messed up drawing the heights a bit but the MC is approximately 5'2", probably a bit taller. She is still growing though, and in 50-ish years she'll stop growing and be about 5'6". Again, this has to do with the fact that the MC is a born vampire, rather than one that was turned. So, she grows a little strangely. Maria is 5'4". Erik is about 5'10". As Hunters tend to be tall; Sylvia is about 6 feet. Brett is also about 6 feet tall (and he should be the tallest in game) because... ;) (actually it's just that he ate his veggies because his mom told him to). The MC's face should be right at Sylvia and Brett's chests, which is probably great for hugs I assume.
Shh, embrace the donger. ;) (I do believe there are far more jarring examples of dick on the internet than some casual fictional nudity, though forum rules probably wouldn't allow it. xD)

And being about chest-height is always a good thing. I mean, depending on your partners...assets...you might end up chocking on boob, but I hear some people like that. But since Maria is 5'4'', does that means she'll one day end up being smaller than MC? Or is she still growing, too? (I imagine her werewolf form is taller than her usual one, right?) (Is she even gonna live long enough to experience MC in all her full-grown glory?) (How long do werewolves live?)

(...I'm sorry, I need all the werewolf lore.)

Smudgeed
Regular

#44 Post by Smudgeed »

bellice wrote:
Shh, embrace the donger. ;) (I do believe there are far more jarring examples of dick on the internet than some casual fictional nudity, though forum rules probably wouldn't allow it. xD)

And being about chest-height is always a good thing. I mean, depending on your partners...assets...you might end up chocking on boob, but I hear some people like that. But since Maria is 5'4'', does that means she'll one day end up being smaller than MC? Or is she still growing, too? (I imagine her werewolf form is taller than her usual one, right?) (Is she even gonna live long enough to experience MC in all her full-grown glory?) (How long do werewolves live?)

(...I'm sorry, I need all the werewolf lore.)
lol there definitely are more disturbing photos but alas those forum rules. Besides, you don't know, maybe that white squid-person thing is actually his dong and not a censor at all. (side note: I really like the term dong, there's just something about it)

boob suffocation is probably a thing....most likely a thing...oh...I just hope people are safe about their boob suffocations. And yes! I'm glad you asked because I had it typed up in my reply to you but I thought “they don’t want to read this! No one wants to read this!” haha

Hunters and werewolves live to about 100 before they start looking old and seeing the effects of old age. So, their life expectancy is something like 160-ish years. (And I say it’s 160 years but that’s only true for werewolves. Hunters die pretty quickly considering their job, they’re expected to live until 35 at best and have no idea that they have a longer lifespan than regular humans.) So, yeah! Maria will live to see the MC grow taller than her :’) Her werewolf form is a bit taller because the limbs extend as she transforms but it’s not like Hulk kind of growth lmao. Fortunately, there's quite a bit of werewolf lore being explained in-game so it's not all crammed into the lore book.

-------
And since I can't believe I never showed it before: here's the broom and scarecrow, obviously the MOST attractive romance options. Mmmm, get yourself ready to be swept away and uh....insert a scarecrow pun here

And I've been trying to tackle some writing since I seem to be slow at doing that (but my writing is all over the place lmao, I should learn to write events in order). I don't really know how to show that off but...here are a few lines?

EDIT: Aaaaand I added the scarecrow to the first post because why not? He is technically a romance option... (as is the broom, but you don't want the broom ending)
Attachments
2.PNG
1.PNG

bellice
Veteran

#45 Post by bellice »

Yay werewolf lore! It'll be a fun day when MC notices she's grown taller than her werewolf gf. (I pity Maria, I truly do.)

And those snippets of writing are hilarious. It's exactly my kind of humour. ('I have lots of eggs in the kitchen!' lmao) I get being slow at writing - I have the same problem. I usually end up having most art assets down and then the writing takes five million years.