REVAMPED! - The Vampire's Call [Supernatural, Comedy] [GxG/B]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: The Vampire's Call [Supernatural, Romance, Comedy] [GxG/

#16 Post by Zelan »

That CG is NICE, bro. Don't worry about your art skills. ^_^

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

#17 Post by Red-Baby »

I am so excited for this :D

Smudgeed
Regular
itch: smud

#18 Post by Smudgeed »

Zelan wrote:That CG is NICE, bro. Don't worry about your art skills. ^_^
Thank you so much! I'm working on my art a little each day :') I hope to provide the best quality that I can for this
Red-Baby wrote:I am so excited for this :D
Thank you! I'm glad that you are :')

---

UPDATE:
I've finished the GUI completely (well except for the textbox). I've decided on having 15 event graphics for the game (hopefully more, but no less than). 3 are non-important joke ones, and so they don't have proper backgrounds or anything like that. they'll be of slightly lesser quality to ease my workload. Here's an example of what I mean featuring Sylvia's HOT ABS.

The game is progressing nicely! I like all the work that I've done so far :') I start actually writing tomorrow, hopefully I can get the text box done then too. My goal is to tackle at least one CG a day. I'll start the sprites soon too. Hope you're all having a wonderful day :)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Zelan »

DANG BRO I do love me a girl with some abs. ^_^ It's cool to see because generally, even if they're drawn with a body shape other than "really freaking skinny," you don't see any defined muscle.

bellice
Veteran

#20 Post by bellice »

Yes abs. Abs. Aaaaabs. *sigh* I wish I could kick my own ass and force myself to finish writing something so I can add the kind of diversity in female characters I'd like to see, but alas, all I have is your games and Sylvia's abs, so...keep going. ;)

Smudgeed
Regular

#21 Post by Smudgeed »

Zelan wrote:DANG BRO I do love me a girl with some abs. ^_^ It's cool to see because generally, even if they're drawn with a body shape other than "really freaking skinny," you don't see any defined muscle.
lol I'm glad you like it! I try my best to draw the muscle, I read a lot of comics and I have a great issue with the way the women get drawn. I mean, here are these badass ladies that fight crime and they don't have any muscle! It makes no sense! So I want to try and draw Sylvia's muscles defined because considering her character she should have them.
bellice wrote:Yes abs. Abs. Aaaaabs. *sigh* I wish I could kick my own ass and force myself to finish writing something so I can add the kind of diversity in female characters I'd like to see, but alas, all I have is your games and Sylvia's abs, so...keep going. ;)
Ah I will keep going :) But you know....wink wink nudge nudge...always nice to have more people writing and making the kind of content that they want to see

----
Apologies for taking a while to update. I hurt my hand a bit but it healed now so I can get right back into drawing. I did some writing while my hand was injured so all is good so far :') I finished an event graphic of Maria at the beach. Today I plan on getting the textbox done!

Hope you all have a great day!

Spacefur
Regular
Tumblr: studio-meh

#22 Post by Spacefur »

And now I really wanna go to the beach... Take care!

Smudgeed
Regular

#23 Post by Smudgeed »

Spacefur wrote:And now I really wanna go to the beach... Take care!
haha thank you! The beach is certainly a fun place in my opinion, hope you decide to go :')

In other news: I finished Brett's beach cg. I'm not proud of the way I drew the background but I like how I drew Brett so I'll show that off! The pink towel is, of course, his daughter's. A good parent always has a towel handy, and especially on the beach.

I'll get another CG done today which will put me at 6/15 CGs done, almost half-way! Once Erik's beach one is done, I think I'll be comfortable enough to start working on the backgrounds and then the sprites. The last thing I will do is the remaining CGs. The GUI is complete done now, textbox and all. As for the writing I plan on going Sylvia --> Erik --> Maria --> Brett. The opening scene is almost finished being written (but this scene is guaranteed to be re-written about 129712938 times). Hopefully I can reach my goal of getting this done by the end of august :') Hope you're all having a great day!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Zelan »

The pink towel just makes an already awesome CG even more perfect. cx Sounds like you've made good progress so far!

Smudgeed
Regular

#25 Post by Smudgeed »

Zelan wrote:The pink towel just makes an already awesome CG even more perfect. cx Sounds like you've made good progress so far!
lol I'm glad you like the pink towel. I am making a lot of progress! Makes me hopeful for getting this game out in August like I planned to :') It would make it a project that took a bit over a month to do, which was also the plan.

--
Decided to give up on drawing the backgrounds (they looks a little TOO bad and would have taken too long) so there's some horribly filtered images instead lmao. Here's a little screenshot of what the game looks like so far. Ignore the side-sprite, it's just a placeholder from an older scrapped project (that actually became the base for this game so yay). An this also makes the first finished sprite of the game: Abel, the MC's father.

Like the Vampire's Call, the werewolf condition is referred to as "the werewolf's curse". Which is meant to be a bit ironic because in this world the origin of the vampire was that it was originally a curse and that the werewolves hadn't started out as a curse at all, which also says a lot about how vampires and werewolves view themselves....and that's is just some world-building I'll toss into the lore section of the extras to make my little heart happy because there's no place to discuss that in-game :') Abel's sickness is talked about more in-game and the idea of the concept behind the contrast between vampires and werewolves is something explored and played into in Maria's route. Hope you're all having a great day!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Zelan »

Oooh, lore. ^_^ I'm super interested to know more about the Vampire's Call! I'm probably going to spend a lot of time in the extras section, hehe.

Spacefur
Regular

#27 Post by Spacefur »

Niiiice, I'm loving the lore bits. Also vampire dad looks pruddy!

And yes, backgrounds are hell.

Smudgeed
Regular

#28 Post by Smudgeed »

Zelan wrote:Oooh, lore. ^_^ I'm super interested to know more about the Vampire's Call! I'm probably going to spend a lot of time in the extras section, hehe.
Yay! :') I hope you'll like the lore section, I'm trying to make it as interesting as I can.
Spacefur wrote:Niiiice, I'm loving the lore bits. Also vampire dad looks pruddy!

And yes, backgrounds are hell.
lol I'm glad he looks nice and that you love the lore bits! And yes, backgrounds are. I'm hoping to get more practice with them in so I can try drawing them at one point :')

-----
So about the lore section, I decided I would make it a bit like The Hitchiker's guide to the galaxy (like the book in the book not the book itself...if that makes sense lmao) because I'm such a big fan. SO I present "The Dumb Human's Guide to the Supernatural" written by none other than Emily Gateau (does that surname seem a little familiar ;) ). Here's the cover of it, which may or may not be seen in the game.

The lore section is a little special in that it's technically a book written in the future (at a point after the events of the game) and so to keep up with that, the book updates as the player changes events that happen in the future. As you go through all the endings, the book with update completely. It's a bit of a challenge and it might seem a bit strange. For example, if there's a section on Sylvia and you play through her ending, it might update to say something like "and she was in love with a vampire". But if you replay the game, technically, Sylvia isn't in love with a vampire anymore, but the entry still stays that way. It's more of a method to show how much the player has completed in game, but the continuity of the future seems a bit odd because of it. Which bothers me a bit but I guess I'll just have to leave it that way because it makes the most sense gameplay wise.

I do think it's neat that events the player has influenced make their way into the book, so even if you don't want to read the lore, you might still want to see how your choices affect the "future". In addition, there's a little notes section in the book, which is notes that Emily has come across. There's two for each romance, it's just a cute little thing that's not really important but it's cute lmao

And in other news, I finished the other parents. Cain, who is Maria's father, and Tilda, who is Sylvia's mother.

Other than that I got another event graphic done (which is technically like 5 CGs in one with all those expression changes lmao). So I'm about half-way done, and I have one more Sylvia CG to draw before I'm done all of hers :') Hope you're all having a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by.

bellice
Veteran

#29 Post by bellice »

I feel sorry for Sylvia, to be honest, because....well damn, I'm gonna have to go after her mom.

Spacefur
Regular

#30 Post by Spacefur »

Cain got dem guns. Sylvia's mom looks like she'll fuck me up, I'm in love.

Also I adore the book design, reminds me of the one in Beetlejuice in tone, but more elegant?